Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2021, 11:33   #331
BHPian

re: Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N

This will be an interesting launch. Starting with the New Thar and then the XUV 700, Mahindra is sticking to what it knows best. True SUVs. Ok, the XUV 300 is a Sub Compact but it is pulling in decent numbers. The New Scorpio will complete the lineup for Mahindra in the SUV segment. If it comes with decent creature comforts and a 4X4 option, one is looking at another Mahindra product that will disrupt the segment like the 700. Of course it is a traditional ladder on frame chassis but they are abuse friendly as well. Product offerings such as Harrier, Safari, Gloster who don't offer AWD/4X4 options( although monocoque) might be impacted by the new Scorpio. As i said, it will be interesting.
petrogeek is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 12:32   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911CarerraS View Post
Hey guys, we are planning to get a SUV next year around Feb-March, what do you guys think would be the price bracket in which Scorpio would be launched? Will it be cheaper than the Xuv700 and also when can we expect it to be in the showrooms?
I am told that the Scorpio will be a premium offering competing with the likes of Fortuner and therefore around 40lk.
kutts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 14:18   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
Saw a Test Mule of the next gen Scorpio and the recently launched XUV700 .....They might be doing heavy traffic and hilly testing, but not sure why they are testing the XUV700 still! .
I think Mahindra was testing the XUV700 for such a long time, that some teams never got the memo that XUV700 has been launched. So they are still testing and will keep testing ....

Overall, like the size impression and bulk of the vehicle. XUV has become too polished. Hope they keep the design clean and not putbsone garish chrome whiskers on the face

The back is too flat and MUV-like. A spare mounted wheel may actually break that flat slab like appearance.
ashishpotdar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 15:36   #334
BHPian

That the XUV700 has been revealed on Aug 15th, can we expect a Jan 26 reveal of Scorpio ?

While I appreciate that Mahindra should take it's own time to iron out all the niggles and launch a sorted product, they could at least show the final design as soon as possible.
Old 30th November 2021, 15:45   #335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutts View Post
I am told that the Scorpio will be a premium offering competing with the likes of Fortuner and therefore around 40lk.
I Don't think Mahindra wants to Hammer it's own foot, by making the Scorpio a 40L Vehicle.
Scorpio has always been a Bread and Butter Model for Mahindra, and it's USP has always been its price.
Currently there is no Comfortable 5+2 Seater Ladder on Frame Sturdy SUV/4WD this side of 40L.
Mahindra needs to Cash on this opportunity than push the Scorpio to 40L Bracket.
akshay4587 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 17:02   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Mahindra trying to offer a 40L vehicle? Good
Mahindra naming it Scorpio? Horrible strategy. The name "Scorpio" is tied to a product in the customer memory that is something else than a premium 40L steed.
headbanger is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 22:42   #337
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
There is no way that is going to happen. They have the Alturas and it's possible replacement (if and when when that comes) to cater to the 40 lakh market. The Scorpio belongs in the segment between Thar and XUV700, I would expect ex-showroom pricing ranging from 12 -18 lakhs.
84.monsoon is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 22:56   #338
Senior - BHPian

I would love to see Scorpio in the 30-40 L segment above XUV500. Sub brands evolve through their price ranges. Just because Scorpio was 12-18 lakh in the last decade, it does not have to stay that way forever. Innova started at 10L and has now breached 30L. Scorpio and Innova were always in the same price segment. So I can't see any reason why It should stay 12-18. To me, next-generation Scorpio is the ideal Alturas replacement. It deserves to go up to the next segment. Creating a new brand to compete with Fortuner will not work in my opinion. It has to be done by evolving an existing brand. That said, I know this is highly unlikely and we will most probably get it in the 12-18 segment itself.

Last edited by padmrajravi : 30th November 2021 at 22:58.
padmrajravi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 23:01   #339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
I would expect ex-showroom pricing ranging from 12 -18 lakhs.
That's precisely the show room price of the current generation Scorpio that is in stores.

Are you saying Mahindra would not want to hike the price for all the technological advancements, safety enhancements and creature comforts that the new generation is coming up with?
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 23:10   #340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
That's precisely the show room price of the current generation Scorpio that is in stores.
It should be and will be priced at least in line with Tata Safari. They both belonged to same segment a decade back hence nothing wrong in doing so.
roby_dk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 08:29   #341
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I am liking what I am seeing so far. Finally some real Indian competition to the Japanese Body on Frame SUVs. Given that pretty much all SUVs have become CUVs, the new Scorpio will pretty much be the only proper body on frame mid size Indian SUV with 4WD one can buy.

I just hope they have sorted out the suspension and the ride and handling won't be like the 2020 Thar which is frankly very atrocious over bad roads. Given that there is lots of platform sharing between the 2020 Thar and next gen Scorpio, ride could be a problem.
4x4addict is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 09:56   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post

Are you saying Mahindra would not want to hike the price for all the technological advancements, safety enhancements and creature comforts that the new generation is coming up with?
Once again I will take the XUV 500 to XUV 700 transition as an example, the XUV 500 had a price range of 12-20 lakhs, and the new XUV 700 has one that ranges from 12.5 to 22. So an increase of couple of lakhs will be expected, so I guess it'll range from 10-20 lakhs probably.

MOD NOTE : Poorly typed post. Please go through our Forum Etiquettes before posting another reply.
Thanks.

Last edited by Sheel : 5th December 2021 at 08:48. Reason: Mod note attached.
amoi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 10:00   #343
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
unlike fancy XUV700, one doesn't have to choose between infotainment control knob and Electronic Parking Brake......Though I remember fiddling around the XUV700 online configurator, and in the second from top variants, the interiors showed the infotainment control knob in place of one of the cupholder, with the manual handbrake still in place. But in reality, only the top most variant gets the media control knob, with the cupholders staying put, and the removal of the manual handbrake freeing up space for the EPB and media control knob.
Off topic
Sorry, messed up again. I am on a mess up roll in Team-BHP for a couple of days.

Saw Faisal Khan's latest video on the XUV700 P MT, it indeed had a manual handbrake, with the media control knob taking place of the square cubbyhole/cupholder in the middle.

So, I stand corrected.

Last edited by Sheel : 5th December 2021 at 08:49. Reason: Capitalization.
DicKy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 11:37   #344
BHPian

The front butch look of the car retains the Scorpio character as a whole. Also do note that they have gone with the traditional hand brake levers rather than designing something fancy.
Old 5th December 2021, 00:23   #345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrogeek View Post
Product offerings such as Harrier, Safari, Gloster who don't offer AWD/4X4 options( although monocoque).
You meant, Hector right ?

The Scorpio is the last bastion of hope for those of us waiting for a good homegrown ladder frame RWD SUV with 4x4. Dying breed indeed with most of the market seeming to have made appointments at the salon and gone the other way.

Mahindra please sort out the ride and you’ll have another winner for sure.

And I wish we don’t have to wait years after launch to get delivery.

Last edited by vigneshkumar31 : 5th December 2021 at 00:28.
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks