Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2021, 10:10   #346
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N

New Scorpio again!

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-2.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-1.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 9th December 2021 at 10:12.
volkman10 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 9th December 2021, 11:02   #347
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
New Scorpio again!
The instrument cluster looks to be the same as the XUV700 MX variant.

Not sure if it is the lighting/ shadows playing. Feels like a narrow tall display. Pray it the the normal wide display as the XUV700 MX.

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-xuv700-mx.jpg

Credits: carandbike show

Last edited by DicKy : 9th December 2021 at 11:06.
DicKy is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 9th December 2021, 14:52   #348
Distinguished - BHPian

Some latest info received from my birdie:-

- The 2022 Scorpio is bigger and wider than the current-gen one. It is more spacious inside the cabin too.

- The 2022 Scorpio will have a ton of features, including many which have already been seen in the 7OO. There will be a few features missing vis-a-vis the latter (ADAS, pano sunroof, adaptive cruise control, 10-speaker system, etc), to keep the 7OO higher up the order.

- Features confirmed for now:-
1) 360-degree bird's eye camera view,
2) dual zone climate control,
3) push button start,
4) 6 airbags,
5) Terrain response modes,
6) a 9-inch touchscreen HU infotainment with connected car features,
7) a fully-functional digital MID,
8) all-LED headlights & rear lights,
9) Sequential turn indicators, and
10) a normal sunroof.

- M&M have worked hard on the riding comfort for the 2022 Scorpio, and this shows in the final product. It's reported to score much higher in comfort levels compared to the current-gen Scorpio, even though it's still very much a Body-On-Frame ladder chassis SUV.

- The turbo diesel option might be offered in two states of tune - a higher 160/170BHP & a lower 130BHP for the starting price variant.

- The petrol option will most likely be in the same tune as the Thar & the 7OO.

- Present-gen Scorpio will continue to be sold alongside the 2022 Scorpio.

- Engine & gearbox calibration is almost perfect for the automatic. The 2022 Scorpio will score high in terms of driveability, even in it's 4x4 (4Low/4High) avatar.

- 7-seater option is a given. M&M is also preparing a 6-seater option too, with middle row captain seats.

- The 2022 Scorpio has been tested extensively by team Mahindra Adventure, and the overall feedback is glowingly positive.

- Rumored starting price would be near the 12.99L mark for the 160/170BHP diesel variants.

- Launch schedule in all probability would be the same as the 7OO and the Thar:-
1) premiere on 15th August 2022,
2) prices reveal on 2nd October 2022 with opening of official bookings, and
3) deliveries to commence from 1st November 2022.

The Scorpio celebrates it's 20th Anniversary in July next year, so M&M might advance the premiere of the 2022 Scorpio for the same. Rest of the launch schedule might stay the same as above.
RavenAvi is offline   (98) Thanks
Old 9th December 2021, 15:29   #349
Distinguished - BHPian

Thank you for the scoop.
As usual pretty excited for the scoops, but the below info is confusing to say the least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
- The turbo diesel option might be offered in two states of tune - a higher 160/170BHP & a lower 130BHP for the starting price variant

- Rumored starting price would be near the 12.99L mark for the 160/170BHP diesel variants.
Two states of tune. Expected.

Present Scorpio will continue to be sold. Personally don't like that, but I guess they can.

Rumoured starting point is 12.99 lakhs. Expected. Given how crazy Mahindra went for the XUV700. But. For the 160/170bhp version!!!

So that means, the 130bhp version is even lower? I recall ram87pune's scoop, where he said it may start at 9.99 lakhs!!!

IMHO, they will just stop the present gen Scorpio. Who would buy the Bolero or present gen Scorpio, if the next gen is available for 9.99 lakhs ex showroom?
DicKy is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 9th December 2021, 16:38   #350
BHPian

Quote:
3) deliveries to commence from 1st November 2022.
and you will receive a message with Expected delivery date of Nov2024 :P

Hope the chip shortage and supply chain issues are resolved by then and we see early birds enjoying the suv on road .

Lot of expectations ride on the Scorpio. The sole three row ladder on frame 4x4 AT option in the market south of 40 lakhs.

The biggest happy scoop that’s music to my ears is that the ride is being looked into seriously.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 10th December 2021 at 08:25. Reason: Fixed broken quote tag.
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 9th December 2021, 16:45   #351
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Present Scorpio will continue to be sold. Personally don't like that, but I guess they can.

IMHO, they will just stop the present gen Scorpio. Who would buy the Bolero or present gen Scorpio, if the next gen is available for 9.99 lakhs ex showroom?
It is always difficult for a company to kill their cash cows. In case of Mahindra, they have tried their luck with the TUV before they can discontinue the Bolero. That didn't work. Nor did the move called 'Bolero Neo'.

Bolero and base models of the current Scorpio might continue until Mahindra has the 'next-gen' Bolero.
ashis89 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th December 2021, 16:49   #352
BHPian

I’m thinking how will the pricing rings stack in this ladder ?

Five door Thar 4x4 AT
Five door Thar 4x4 AT
Five door XUV AWD AT
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2021, 16:52   #353
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshkumar31 View Post
3) deliveries to commence from 1st November 2022. and you will receive a message with Expected delivery date of Nov2024 :P
I hope they start the bookings now,i need to book it for my unborn kid; so that he can take the delivery as soon as he turns 18.
akshay4587 is offline   (58) Thanks
Old 9th December 2021, 18:46   #354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Thank you for the scoop.
As usual pretty excited for the scoops, but the below info is confusing to say the least.

Two states of tune. Expected.

Rumoured starting point is 12.99 lakhs. Expected. Given how crazy Mahindra went for the XUV700. But. For the 160/170bhp version!!!

So that means, the 130bhp version is even lower? I recall ram87pune's scoop, where he said it may start at 9.99 lakhs!!!

So according to this what should be the price for base model petrol?

I'm waiting eagerly and hoping I'll be able to get a Mid Variant Automatic Petrol arround 16-17 Lakh OTR Delhi Hopefully
Please tell me I've reasons to be optimistic?
911CarerraS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2021, 21:48   #355
BANNED

Quote:

The price difference to the current models and the new models will be substantial then. No other reason can justify such a move.
Mafia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 01:26   #356
BHPian

Quote:

- The petrol option will most likely be in the same tune as the Thar & the 7OO.
Hello RavenAvi, So will we see the Petrol engine in 2 different state of tunes as well?
As I believe the Thar gets 150hp tuned engine and the 700 gets the tasty 200hp tuned guzzler.
Also will the Petrol line up be cheaper than the 700 petrol lineup? Or it will be on par!

Thank you
911CarerraS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 07:24   #357
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911CarerraS View Post
So will we see the Petrol engine in 2 different state of tunes as well?
As I believe the Thar gets 150hp tuned engine and the 700 gets the tasty 200hp tuned guzzler.
Also will the Petrol line up be cheaper than the 700 petrol lineup? Or it will be on par!
No. Same 2.0L TGDi block with power output equivalent to the petrol 7OO's. Apologies for the confusion.

Unsure about the cheaper pricing part for now. But my birdie says to be prepared for a surprise come launch time.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 10th December 2021 at 07:28. Reason: Clarified.
RavenAvi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 07:41   #358
BHPian

While I’m extremely hopeful of the Scorpio and it remains a strong contender, Nov 22 looks like a time when still pent up deliveries of Thar and 7OO would be ongoing from the 2021 bookings.

Even if the Scorpio comes up at mouth watering prices, the wait and invoice value on delivery date should be kept in mind , which may be 2023 prices.

M&M throws three super disruptors in the market and enjoys the problem of plenty.

Hope these delivery issues get sorted out market wide.
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 09:12   #359
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Bolero and base models of the current Scorpio might continue until Mahindra has the 'next-gen' Bolero.
Agreed on the Bolero bit, Mahindra will still have buyers. But the present gen Scorpio? IMHO, don't think so. Especially if Mahindra is going to launch at disruptive pricing like the XUV700.

There was also rumours of the XUV500 continuing along the XUV700, but then they phased it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911CarerraS View Post
So according to this what should be the price for base model petrol?
Okay, now that is one part I didn't think about.

But if the XUV700 is anything to go by, the GDI turbo petrol maybe just some 50-60k cheaper than the diesel. With the power that the Scorpio is getting, pray that Mahindra makes ESP standard unlike the XUV700 screw up.
DicKy is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 10:02   #360
BHPian

Quote:
Some latest info received from my birdie:-

- The 2022 Scorpio is bigger and wider than the current-gen one. It is more spacious inside the cabin too.

- M&M have worked hard on the riding comfort for the 2022 Scorpio, and this shows in the final product. It's reported to score much higher in comfort levels compared to the current-gen Scorpio, even though it's still very much a Body-On-Frame ladder chassis SUV.

- Engine & gearbox calibration is almost perfect for the automatic. The 2022 Scorpio will score high in terms of driveability, even in it's 4x4 (4Low/4High) avatar.
I can definitely vouch for this scoop, as I have tailed 2022 Scorpio on couple of occasions and latest being 8th Dec.

It is a big towering car (IMO almost Fortuner height but little less in length), has massive road presence and no quirky design elements (based on the camouflaged car). It rides nice and flat as observed by me keenly, has great pick-up and sprints quickly (this was with full sized 3 dummies in middle row and 1 driver).

Last edited by varunswnt : 10th December 2021 at 10:03.
varunswnt is offline   (8) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed