Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2021, 10:11   #361
Senior - BHPian

re: Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
- 7-seater option is a given. M&M is also preparing a 6-seater option too, with middle row captain seats.
When you say 7 seater option, does this mean there will also be a 5 seater variant?
McLaren Rulez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 10:44   #362
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Agreed on the Bolero bit, Mahindra will still have buyers. But the present gen Scorpio? IMHO, don't think so. Especially if Mahindra is going to launch at disruptive pricing like the XUV700.

There was also rumours of the XUV500 continuing along the XUV700, but then they phased it out.
Unlike XUV, a good chunk of Scorpio sales comes from the base S3 and S5 variants which cost 12.8 and 13.6L respectively. After launching the new Scorpio, continuing these old variants with a 50-80k price cut still makes sense to me. These were and would continue to be targeted at the rural buyers.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 11:00   #363
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Some latest info received from my birdie:-

Makes for a very logical feature and value distribution between the XUV700 and the Scorpio.

At current price points of the XUV700, there will be a massive overlap in prices leading to potential cannibalization. I doubt someone will pay more for the Scorpio than the equivalent XUV, unless they want a hard core offroader. The XUV700 starts at 12.49 for the base MX trim and so it would not make sense for the Scorpio base trim to be priced 50K higher at 12.99.

I anticipate that the strategy may be to discontinue or quickly move the lower variants of the XUV to a higher price bracket through successive price hikes to make room for the Scorpio.

Ultimately, the M&M SUV line up looks strong by 2023, starting with the new Bolero below 10 lakhs, the 2-door Thar positioned between 12 - 15 lakhs, the Scorpio (after the introductory price period) say 14-18 laks and the XUV between 15 -25 lakhs. The 4 door Thar, when it does arrive, will probably be positioned in the 16- 20 lakh bracket and overlap the Scorpio somewhat. I would not expect it to drive much volume, but rather be the calling card to evoke interest and passion around the M&M brand.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 10th December 2021 at 11:02.
84.monsoon is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 11:47   #364
BHPian

Something is not very clear though:

The current Scorpio is either a 7 seater (2 options) or an 8 seater.

7 seater options:
Option 1. 2 in the first row, a bench seat that could seat 3 in the 2nd row and 2 baby seats in the rear.
Option 2. 2 in the first row, captain seats in the middle that can seat 2 and a bench at the rear that can seat 3.

8 seater: 2 in the first row, bench seats - both in the second and the third row which could seat 3 people each.

Now when we say that the new Scorpio could be offered in 6 and 7 seater trims, are we saying that the 3rd row seats will be a 50:50 split that can seat only 2 people? (Just like any other modern day C-SUV / SUV including the latest XUV700).

I am letting go the 7 seater option-1 since we have read reports that M&M is doing away (or has already done away?) with the side facing baby seats due to safety concerns.

My 2010 Scorpio is an 8 Seater and has a large bench seat at the 3rd row, although it could not be comfortable for 3 people. Well, who cares as it was always used by our large German Shepherd 😃
msarunms1987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 11:59   #365
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the update! Even without another Singham series movie coming in 2022, Mahindra have a winner in their hand for sure. Even without any of the mentioned features, Scorpio is one of the cars in our market that will sell just because. With the features listed, it will become even more impenetrable. If Mahindra gets the safety tests right as well, its game over for others with aspirations of trying to enter that segment.
Quote:
7) a fully-functional digital MID,
Given the glitches being reported by XUV7oo owners on this forum and elsewhere, this particular item makes me .
Reinhard is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 12:40   #366
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra is all guns blazing with their new range of SUV product line-up! I can recall reading a statement of their vision to have strong SUV lineups and it started with the launch of Thar and continues up until Scorpio. They’ve come far ahead in terms of their quality offerings. Never know I can end up buying a Mahindra SUV in the coming years - that’s how excited they’ve made me looking at their SUV like up way to go Mahindra!
gururajrv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 13:23   #367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msarunms1987 View Post
Something is not very clear though:

The current Scorpio is either a 7 seater (2 options) or an 8 seater.

7 seater options:
Option 1. 2 in the first row, a bench seat that could seat 3 in the 2nd row and 2 baby seats in the rear.
Option 2. 2 in the first row, captain seats in the middle that can seat 2 and a bench at the rear that can seat 3.

8 seater: 2 in the first row, bench seats - both in the second and the third row which could seat 3 people each.

Now when we say that the new Scorpio could be offered in 6 and 7 seater trims, are we saying that the 3rd row seats will be a 50:50 split that can seat only 2 people? (Just like any other modern day C-SUV / SUV including the latest XUV700).

I am letting go the 7 seater option-1 since we have read reports that M&M is doing away (or has already done away?) with the side facing baby seats due to safety concerns.

My 2010 Scorpio is an 8 Seater and has a large bench seat at the 3rd row, although it could not be comfortable for 3 people. Well, who cares as it was always used by our large German Shepherd 😃
Curious why current gen Scorpio doesn't offer bench seats in all 3 rows, effectively making it a 9 seater. Would think it would be very flexible especially in Tier-2/3 towns!
sanchari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 13:31   #368
BHPian

The endless waiting periods for Thar and XUV 700 is what worries me about the fate of the Scorpio. There would be plenty of folks who may have cancelled their bookings on these two offerings based on the endless waiting period. Granted there is chip shortage, then why build up customer expectations only to lose goodwill? Why not take in limited bookings based on production capacity? Is raking in the booking amounts worth the erosion in brand value?

On the other hand, looks like it is going to borrow lots of features from the XUV 700 plus 4wd option. This would be one hell of a ladder on frame vehicle.

If these comes within 20 L all inclusive I personally would not mind owning one. The Big IF is the delivery schedule.
Old 10th December 2021, 15:02   #369
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchari View Post
Curious why current gen Scorpio doesn't offer bench seats in all 3 rows, effectively making it a 9 seater. Would think it would be very flexible especially in Tier-2/3 towns!
Guess the Tavera was the last UV with front bench seats, going as far as designing two types of transmission levers for bench and split seats. The KUV100 still comes with a bench option, I guess.

Safety isn't a concern, as American full size pickup trucks and SUVs still offer front bench seats. But it would incur major interior changes like removal of central console, shifting of the gear lever to a column mounted one and increasing the size of the passenger side airbags. All of which, I believe Mahindra would baulk at for just one additional passenger. In absence of safety regulations, they would probably just put side facing seats in the third row to increase pax count to nine.

Last edited by DicKy : 10th December 2021 at 15:05.
DicKy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 15:34   #370
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchari View Post
Scorpio Lx /S3 was/is available with 9 seater. It is a 2+3+4 (side facing) setup.

2+3+2, 2+2+3, 2+3+3, 2+3+4 - that is as far as seating options go. It is very flexible as is with its utility and then some more.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 16:17   #371
BHPian

With overlapping price of variants between Thar / Scorpio / XUV 700, the customer will inevitably end up buying one or other SUVs from Mahindra's stable. It is ultimately a win-win preposition for the OEM and the customer.

However, Mahindra has to come up with a strategy to overcome chip shortage & supply chain induced long lead times.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 10th December 2021 at 16:25. Reason: spacing for improved readability
Rolling_Stock is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 16:29   #372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

- The 2022 Scorpio is bigger and wider than the current-gen one. It is more spacious inside the cabin too.

- The 2022 Scorpio will have a ton of features,

- Features confirmed for now:-
1) 360-degree bird's eye camera view,
2) dual zone climate control,
3) push button start,
4) 6 airbags,
5) Terrain response modes,
6) a 9-inch touchscreen HU infotainment with connected car features,
7) a fully-functional digital MID,
8) all-LED headlights & rear lights,
9) Sequential turn indicators, and
10) a normal sunroof.
I hope they include ESP as standard.
fhdowntheline is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 11:22   #373
Senior - BHPian

New Mahindra Scorpio AT spotted testing, glimpse at the interior.

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-smartselect_20211213111950_instagram.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-smartselect_20211213111959_instagram.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-smartselect_20211213112007_instagram.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-smartselect_20211213112015_instagram.jpg

Source : MotorBeam
Venkatesh is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 11:28   #374
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
New Mahindra Scorpio AT spotted testing, glimpse at the interior.
So the grab handle on the A pillar makes a come back in the test mules.

Pray, Mahindra gives one on the driver side too and it makes to production.
DicKy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 13:59   #375
BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 2244644

Source : MotorBeam
Am I see 2 different vehicles here. The one of the left side of the image is bigger than the one on the right, or maybe it is one of the larger variants if they are planning to introduce one.

Or, it could just be that the image from Motorbeam has been distorted

Last edited by benbsb29 : 14th December 2021 at 06:25. Reason: Fixed broken quote tag.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks