Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2022, 10:36   #466
BHPian

re: Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N

Another render from this source.

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-2022mahindrascorpiorendering1068x676.jpg
PapaBravo is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th March 2022, 11:49   #467
BHPian

Looks like Pratap Bose is doing his job well, if only they used the pininfarina studios ( designs ferraris and Mahindra owned) to build something like ( Harrier from Land Rover platform). If only ..
Old 10th March 2022, 13:32   #468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTLIFE View Post
Looks like Pratap Bose is doing his job well, if only they used the pininfarina studios ( designs ferraris and Mahindra owned) to build something like ( Harrier from Land Rover platform). If only ..
Designs are not made overnight. The Scorpio's styling would have been fixed long before Pratab Bose joined.

Its possible that he made small tweaks here and there but not much more
ZenMaster is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 10th March 2022, 13:34   #469
Senior - BHPian

There’s no doubt! Mahindra clearly has a winner in their hands. They’re so dedicated to their bold SUV line up - Thar, XUV7OO & The Scorpio. I am sure it’s a hattrick win!
Old 10th March 2022, 14:41   #470
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheshm619 View Post
Scorpio is having faux plates since last generation IIRC.
Attachment 2282872
My bad.

Though, in my defence it doesn't stand out much IRL. I believe there are some more bumper/plastic extensions below the faux plate in the current Scorpio.
Old 10th March 2022, 16:53   #471
BHPian

When the New Thar launched, going by the looks, I said "Im getting myself one of those!". By the time bookings opened in October and prices announced plus got a good look at the interiors and the rear space, my feelings changed to, "No way am i dropping that moolah for a weekend car!."

When the XUV 700 launched, going by the looks, I said "Im getting myself one of those". By the time bookings opened in October and prices announced, plus got a good look at the car, the insane pricing for top spec and delivery dates announced, my feelings changed to, " No way am I waiting so long for a vehicle when I don't REALLY need one !" .

As I await the launch if the Scorpio 2021 with either a 4WD or a AWD, I am slightly skeptical about the pricing for the 4WD or AWD variants. If it is under 18L, I'd be a buyer!
petrogeek is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 10th March 2022, 17:55   #472
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrogeek View Post
As I await the launch if the Scorpio 2021 with either a 4WD or a AWD, I am slightly skeptical about the pricing for the 4WD or AWD variants. If it is under 18L, I'd be a buyer!
Highly unlikely. Current Scorpio 4WD (which comes in top end for priavte buyers) costs above 21L on-road.
Shubhendra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2022, 18:35   #473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubhendra View Post
Highly unlikely. Current Scorpio 4WD (which comes in top end for private buyers) costs above 21L on-road.
It could well be above 20 lakhs , but again all of thought that the xuv700 would start at 20 and then the shocking prices were announced . So a sub 20 lakh 4x4 scorpio could be a possibility and I'm going to keep my fingers crossed
amoi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th March 2022, 19:28   #474
Distinguished - BHPian

^ Scorpio is 23L on road Bangalore without AT or 4WD. There could be an 'MX' variant for shock pricing but like how 7OO is nearly 5L more expensive than 5OO, it's not going to be cheap.
Old 10th March 2022, 19:49   #475
BANNED

Quote:
Unfortunately, by the time Mahindra acquired Pininfarina (2015), the firm had come upon hard times. Many of its star designers had left and Pininfarina had apparently been designing furniture as per contemporary reports.
Old 10th March 2022, 20:13   #476
BANNED

Quote:
Looks like Pratap Bose is doing his job well...
These are designs done prior to Pratap joining Mahindra. He might have done some final touches, I guess. We can see his designs in Mahindra when they launch the next gen Thar, XUV and Scorpio
romeomidhun is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th March 2022, 22:24   #477
BHPian

Quote:
Who? The guy who designed the silly "butterfly" Mahindra logo? The guy who said there is no market for AWDs in India? (When he was with Tata) I guess we need to be a little objective and give credit where it is due.
Geta is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 10th March 2022, 23:01   #478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta View Post
Who? The guy who designed the silly "butterfly" Mahindra logo? The guy who said there is no market for AWDs in India? (When he was with Tata) I guess we need to be a little objective and give credit where it is due.
I didn't knew Pratap designed the new Mahindra logo, looks flimsy tough, but no market for AWD? I would say he was right and wrong at the same time, Full time AWD's are gas guzzlers that's why Fortuner left AWD and went with 2WD with AWD on demand, so he was right on that aspect, at the same time 2WD Harrier (I don't consider 7 seaters as 4WD as the length itself becomes a hindrance in angle of entry and exit) needed a AWD on demand system and not an all time 4WD. He's a good designer, the Altroz can vouch for it, just not a good engineer I guess. Harrier should have been a rear wheel drive atleast.
FASTLIFE is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2022, 11:20   #479
Senior - BHPian

2022 Mahindra Scoprio SUV rendered in multiple colours based on latest leaked picture from TVC shoot .

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-df5a1cd0c29a40c7bb8eb2a8f4d8c117.jpeg

Source : Rushlane
Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th March 2022, 12:30   #480
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta View Post
Like someone else said, no one is actually sure about the contribution of Pratap Bose in the new Mahindra logo. Maybe he has done it or given some inputs.

However, the bigger point here is the needless obsession with logos. To be honest, I find the new Mahindra logo to be just fine. It’s a very no-nonsense, simple design. The earlier Mahindra logo was a bit off. You look at Suzuki, or Honda, what’s the big deal in their logos, right? They sell in huge numbers across the world. The Suzuki “S” is one of the most basic logos ever, but it does the job. Same with Honda too. People have been calling for a change in the logo of Tata for a long time now. But it’s more or less the same. And today they are doing well due to their cars, not really due to a change in the logo.

Similarly, our 2nd obsession is AWD! Maybe it’s a cost vs returns business scenario. Today Mahindra XUV700 is a roaring success, but I’m sure the top end AWD is not more than 10-15% of their sales. And so it’s ok for a company like Tata to decide not to offer it. I’m just taking Automatic variants as an example. Until many years ago, AT was available only in the highest variant, cause there was not much of a demand. Now, due to the increasing traffic conditions, people have started to look for ATs and manufacturers now offer at least 2-3 variants in AT. It’s always a case of Demand-Supply. 90% of the Indian consumers are going to be using their cars in Cities and Highways, or even bad roads and when I say bad roads it’s not tough terrain, it’s just really badly paved roads. And AWD is not really a requirement in most cases.

My point is not to defend the words and actions of Mahindra or Tata or Pratap Bose, but we have to look at things with a holistic view.

Last edited by motorworks : 11th March 2022 at 12:32.
motorworks is offline   (6) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks