Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2019, 17:02   #61
BANNED

re: Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N

Here is a render for the upcoming Scorpio, as shared by a friend DJ Bro, definitely looks more matured and modern, still retaining the old and much liked boxiness of the older car:
Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-img20190606wa0006.jpg
VKumar is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 11th June 2019, 16:49   #62
BHPian

Mahindra Scorpio is a classic case of the manufacturer milking a model to its limits. Sustaining in the market for 17 years that too without any significant upgrades to the design just tells you about the mass appeal the Scorpio commands in our country. Having owned the Type II model, I can tell you it has its own unique charm. Having said that, it just doesn't deserve close to 20L onroad for the top model. Mahindra has to give it a full blown upgrade rather than a mere facelift this time around. The test vehicles look promising in terms of changes in design. Just hope that Mahindra doesn't go overboard and become too ambitious. Fingers crossed!
imzahid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2019, 19:58   #63
BHPian

while i partly agree with you, but having owned all generation of Scorpios and currently awaiting delivery of the S11. yes it doesn't command that sort of an on-road pricing, but if you've ever owned a classic/vintage car in your life you would like things oldschool. i have driven my scorpios across the length of India and every scorpio of mine has clocked 1.5lakh plus on the odo it manage to remain simple,robust, abuse friendly and never abandon you unless ofcourse you're sold a lemon. Major market share comes from rural areas where they manage to rake in some serious abuse over rough roads to no roads. and it manages to do it with breaking a sweat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imzahid View Post
Mahindra Scorpio is a classic case of the manufacturer milking a model to its limits. Sustaining in the market for 17 years that too without any significant upgrades to the design just tells you about the mass appeal the Scorpio commands in our country. Having owned the Type II model, I can tell you it has its own unique charm. Having said that, it just doesn't deserve close to 20L onroad for the top model. Mahindra has to give it a full blown upgrade rather than a mere facelift this time around. The test vehicles look promising in terms of changes in design. Just hope that Mahindra doesn't go overboard and become too ambitious. Fingers crossed!

Last edited by Aditya : 20th July 2019 at 06:28. Reason: Spacing corrected
jubin is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th June 2019, 08:08   #64
BHPian

Received these pics via Whatsapp.
Attached Thumbnails
Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-img20190614wa0005.jpg  

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-img20190614wa0004.jpg  

Akib Khan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th June 2019, 08:38   #65
BHPian

"The new Scorpio appears to be noticeably longer than its predecessor. The windshield appears to be more inclined than before while the grille and headlamp cluster are certainly larger.The prototype features ad-hoc taillights and the new tailgate accommodates a prominent license plate enclosure."

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-2020mahindrascorpiobody2.jpg

The 2020 Mahindra Scorpio is expected to make its debut at the Auto Expo early next year. Sales is expected to commence in mid-2020."

Source
jailbird_fynix is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th June 2019, 14:29   #66
Senior - BHPian

Unfortunately, the tail section is looking extremely like the Xylo
1100D is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th June 2019, 15:22   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akib Khan View Post
Received these pics via Whatsapp.
Looking at the headlamp section contours, I think M&M will fit in the headlamps from the new TUV300 and use the square fog lamps that are available on the TUV as well. Not a bad decision as the TUV headlamp + cornering lights are very very good. Wont be surprised if the new TUV OVRMs and dashboard also make it into the scorpio as they are pretty solid and will fit the Scorpio well.

The rear to me looks like a toned down version of the new XUV500, which is not a bad thing at all. Hope they dont slap on a lot of chrome on it.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2019, 22:52   #68
BHPian

The 16-20 lakhs now has 4 new players Kia , MG , Harrier , Compass and a updated Creta . Scorpio has to be a true value add keeping in mind 7 Seater segment along with automatic and 4x4
Old 12th August 2019, 14:39   #69
BHPian

Why does it want to look like NuvoSport? By the looks of it, it seems to be a very close match!
Old 12th August 2019, 15:17   #70
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by purohitanuj View Post
Why does it want to look like NuvoSport? By the looks of it, it seems to be a very close match!
I don't think it will be looking similar to Nuvosport. I had seen this prototype, and looks much better.

If it really looks like a Nuvosport, then there is a story: Somebody in the M&M design team likes Xylo too much. Even after so many comments about its drab design, they didn't understand what was the problem with Xylo. So, when they were asked to design a compact SUV, they developed it on top of Xylo and called it Quanto.

Sales of Quanto didn't pick up; they were asked to design another SUV, and they selected Quanto, made a better effort, and called it Nuvosport. But result was same. Rest is history.

Now they know Xylo won't go through the BSVI barrier. But they wanted to make sure "Live Long, Xylo". That team is working on the Scorpio project.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 12th August 2019 at 15:27.
Old 14th August 2019, 06:55   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by imzahid View Post
Mahindra has to give it a full blown upgrade rather than a mere facelift this time around.
Don't worry, this is not another mighty muscular refresh. It is an all new platform. New Chasis, New Suspension, New Body, New Power Train, New interiors. Nothing shared with the current model other than the name and maybe the 6-Speed ASIN Auto. I am optimistic since the new Scorpio like the Marranzo has initially designed at Mahindra's North American Technical Center.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2019, 10:20   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

The biggest & welcome change I see is that finally the rain-gutters are gone from the Scorpio.

The new sweeping roof-line without the kink and overall dimensions are taking away what defined the Scorpio as the butch muscle machine. Its looking like an MPV in this avatar for now rather than that aggressive mean machine we have come to know.

Of course, different body claddings, wheels, roof rails, bumper-lamps combo will change the looks like day & night. But by proportions, I am not liking this thing for now.

It still looks quite basic from a body-structure perspective & not really contemporary. I wonder if M&M will continue using sub standard plastics & fitments and still price it in overlap to the XUV500 like it currently does. The overall design innovation on the test mules seen so far are giving me that vibe. I hope I get proven wrong...

Last edited by Reinhard : 14th August 2019 at 10:22.
Old 16th August 2019, 22:23   #73
BHPian

Had a quick chat with the dealership fellow from where I purchased the XUV5OO. He says a friend of his had access to witness the new Scorpio, of course in the testing mule guise, and was quite impressed. He said that a December launch is in the cards, but wouldn't that be a bit early? Might as well take it with a pinch of salt.
Old 17th August 2019, 10:27   #74
BHPian

If they incorporate the build quality, styling elements, and ride comfort of the Marazzo, it will be a brilliant SUV
Old 17th August 2019, 10:53   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKumar View Post
Here is a render for the upcoming Scorpio, as shared by a friend DJ Bro, definitely looks more matured and modern, still retaining the old and much liked boxiness of the older car:
Does anyone else also see an uncanny resemblance to the Toyota LC Prado SWB version? It seems heavily inspired from it - including the grille as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-lc-2.jpg  

iceman. is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed