Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2022, 23:01   #1486
BHPian

Re: Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteshsharmab View Post
Damn. No boot space, no split seats in 3rd row. Infact 3rd row seats don't even fold flat. This product might struggle due to this
You are right, just watched the video again and the 3rd row does not fold flat from the looks of it. So luggage will move about while sitting on an incline. A real pain point in an otherwise seemingly well packaged product... they have to goof up somewhere :thumbsdow

Let's wait for the reviews to be sure.

This is where I love the Kodiaq that I own here in the UK.
Brilliant space management with fully flat folding 3rd row. And the 3rd row can easily accommodate medium sized adults for a couple of hours. And boot space with all 3 rows up is very useable. No wonder it won several accolades here in UK/Europe. Skoda knows a thing or two about packaging a product.

MOD NOTE : Please proof read your post for typos before submitting it. No short forms / SMS language (hv = have) please.
Thank You.

Last edited by Sheel : 26th June 2022 at 06:34. Reason: Mod note attached.
akannath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2022, 02:30   #1487
BHPian

I have booked a harrier XTA+ and while still awaiting delivery I was waiting for Scorpio-N. Going by the video posted I can see that last row is not a 60:40 split which in turn would mean less boot space. Also, from what I can see the door pockets and other space available to store stuff seems to be less in Scorpio compared to harrier.
Now I don’t necessarily need a 7 seater but wanted to go for Scorpio for it’s off roading capabilities.
Seems like harrier is still a better package for me but that light steering on high speeds is something that makes me revisit my decision again and again.

Still, I have provided my KYC documents to a dealer in Pune so that in case I like the car when displayed booking can be punched in asap.
Old 26th June 2022, 11:01   #1488
BHPian

Quick update: Just received invitation to the real event at the dealership from my SA tomorrow at 7 PM. The car will be available to be check out and test drives begin from 05-Jul-22 as per the latest phone call I had with him.
Jaisalmeriya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th June 2022, 13:02   #1489
BHPian

I too recieved call from SA saying screening is being planned tomorrow at 5. Post which all the details regarding features, prices and booking will be available. On being asked whether physical car will be available to see, answer was not sure, will get to know tomorrow only. My hunch is car should be physically present, and hence they are asking to be present at showroom for 'virtual screening'.
Bluebird_7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2022, 14:33   #1490
BHPian

I just got a call from a Mahindra dealer in Mumbai. Scorpio-N will be available at only one of its many showrooms in Mumbai from tomorrow 445pm onwards. Variants information and booking details will be revealed at official launch time of 530pm. It will be highly unlikely that bookings will open tomorrow.
TSIched'Out is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2022, 14:40   #1491
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleueNinja View Post
I can see that last row is not a 60:40 split which in turn would mean less boot space. Also, from what I can see the door pockets and other space available to store stuff seems to be less in Scorpio compared to harrier.... but wanted to go for Scorpio for it’s off roading capabilities.
Seems like harrier is still a better package for me but that light steering on high speeds is something that makes me revisit my decision again and again..
The door pocket storage of the Harrier can't be beat, what with the wide storage options and the 'shelves' in the rear door. But other than door pockets and under the floor storage in the Harrier's boot, guess both have same storage options. Glovebox, armrest storage, cupholders in centre console and space ahead of the gearlever.

Add to that, if you compare the Harrier and Scorpio and see the Scorpio as a 5 seater, then you have way bigger boot space than the Harrier.

Light steering or not, feel that the Harrier would be better than the Scorpio at highway (read illegal) speeds. Just wait for one more week and TD the Scorpio to take a decision , though I guess the waiting period may force you to take delivery of the Harrier.
DicKy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2022, 15:02   #1492
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaisalmeriya View Post
Quick update: Just received invitation to the real event at the dealership from my SA tomorrow at 7 PM. The car will be available to be check out and test drives begin from 05-Jul-22 as per the latest phone call I had with him.
Will the car be physically available at the showroom? If yes can you please share the name of the dealership and the location?
Old 26th June 2022, 15:25   #1493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Will the car be physically available at the showroom? If yes can you please share the name of the dealership and the location?
Yes, I am told car will be available at showroom - Sahyadri Motors, Baner
Jaisalmeriya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2022, 15:40   #1494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Light steering or not, feel that the Harrier would be better than the Scorpio at highway (read illegal) speeds. Just wait for one more week and TD the Scorpio to take a decision , though I guess the waiting period may force you to take delivery of the Harrier.
Yep, the waiting period and chassis difference between the two makes me incline towards harrier but will definitely check out the Scorpio tomorrow. I got the invite for 5:30 Pm on 27th in Pune. Fingers crossed.
Old 26th June 2022, 15:52   #1495
Senior - BHPian

New Mahindra Scorpio-N in Black Colour.

Name:  20220626_154848.jpg
Views: 639
Size:  116.1 KB
Venkatesh is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 26th June 2022, 17:07   #1496
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
New Mahindra Scorpio-N variants details have been revealed via type approval certificates. Attachment 2324617
For Scorpio N Petrol AT, the GVW is listed as 2510 kg whereas the corresponding weight of XUV700 Petrol AT is at least 200-300 kg less 9aam not aware of its exact GVW).

I think this excess weight will bring the fuel efficiency of the Scorpio N Petrol model by another 2-3 km/liter.

Wondering if it still makes sense to buy Scorpio N Petrol AT over XUV700 Petrol AT even if the monthly running is under 100 kms?
JKBKS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2022, 17:24   #1497
BHPian

For Bengaluru, tomorrow is digital launch at 7pm ( not sure what that means when you can watch it on youtube).

Pps motors informed that display vehicle will only be available at Hebbal showroom tomorrow and for rest showrooms in 1-2 days.

Test drives commence 1st week of July onwards.
Old 26th June 2022, 17:32   #1498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akannath View Post
You are right, just watched the video again and the 3rd row does not fold flat from the looks of it. So luggage will move about while sitting on an incline. A real pain point in an otherwise seemingly well packaged product... they have to goof up somewhere :thumbsdow
Ideally you should be able to flip the third row completely the way you do it in Xylo since it is not flat folding seat. By this, it frees up good amount of space for luggage. The advantage of such a seat is that you can comfortably seat adults in the third row which otherwise can only seat small size adults of kids in other flat folding vehicles. This i think is because of the flat body owing to lader frame design of vehicle.
rahulya007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2022, 18:13   #1499
BHPian

Black Scorpio without camo. Looks dope
Bluebird_7 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 26th June 2022, 20:30   #1500
BHPian

A video about the design story of the new scorpio N.

They revealed pretty much everything in this video including the first official glimpse of the back of the car and the design/fonts of the Badges including the 4xplor badge. Seems like this clip is a part of tomorrows launch presentation.

Last edited by kushgandhi : 26th June 2022 at 20:36. Reason: adding information
kushgandhi is offline   (18) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed