Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2022, 10:03   #601
BHPian

re: Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N

Happen to click this at my apartment parking. The new scorpio sure looks tall & wide but its not as long as the XUV700. The new scorpio was seen with 245 section tyres, 17” alloys. Has great road presence. Upon speaking with the engineer, he commented that it will be running same tune as xuv700. Expect a proper 4wd model as well. Launch seems to be July/August
DieselWanderer is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th May 2022, 11:10   #602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAutomaniac View Post
Like, how do you even manage to every time mess up the same thing Mahindra? hats-off lol
I sincerely wish my dedication someday at work to be as consistent as Mahindra's dedication towards providing cars with no boot space!
I think the overall understanding from OEMs is, the usage of all 7 seats are very minimal. I use all the 7 seats in my Scorpio (though side facing) only 4 to 5 times a year and that too for short distances. It is obvious with a front facing seat, there could be more opportunities for travel, but keeping the comfort factor, it is always avoided.
diwakarmuthu is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 6th May 2022, 12:56   #603
BHPian

M&M will not take the risk of positioning the New Scorpio above the 7OO. Even today the highest selling vehicle is the current gen Scorpio and that name has a market of it’s own in the tier 2-3 cities and rurals. XUV7OO will be the top most vehicle in the M&M offering until they plan to bring the Alturas in a new avatar. For now the Scorpio will be in the range of 12-18 lacs and may be the 4x4 variant touching the 20 lac range.
Old 6th May 2022, 14:06   #604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Interiors of the New Scorpio:

Link
A lot is common with XUV-700 like steering wheel and mounted controls except the adaptive cruise control button, AC controls, controls below them, design of the wiper and light stalk, now 12V port at front, roof mounted speakers and Adrenox albeit smaller screens. Physical controls for the infotainment and AC control for middle row are great additions over XUV700. They seem to have preserved the side opening rear door; not sure why. The luggage space appears even smaller than XUV700 and the tools doesn't appeared to be secured and hidden! Love the handle on A-Pillars, reminds me of GM trucks! . Is that a wireless charger?
Old 6th May 2022, 15:19   #605
Senior - BHPian

Such a big car but without any boot space!! Really a big downer. Mahindra - you need to learn some space management. 7 seats without any boot space is 5 a seater only for me. You need to have some boot space so that at least you can carry your shopping bags or small 2-3 bags.
Old 6th May 2022, 15:40   #606
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra Automotive has teased the New Scorpio.

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-smartselect_20220506155816_chrome.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-screenshot_20220506154417_youtube.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-screenshot_20220506154438_youtube.jpg

Quote:
A big-bang created our universe. This big-bang will shake the SUV-verse. #BigDaddyOfSUVs #ComingSoon

New Scorpio

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-smartselect_20220506162250_facebook.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 6th May 2022 at 18:41. Reason: Merged with previous post
Venkatesh is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 6th May 2022, 17:27   #607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Mahindra Automotive has teased the New Scorpio.

https://Youtu.be/AkefHXi13dk
Did the lady in the video say 'Lets take on the D segment'?
sanjaykk is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 6th May 2022, 17:41   #608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaykk View Post
I too heard the same. So is it one segment above the current gen then?

I somehow have a sneaky feeling that this was originally proposed to be the Endy replacement in India (when the JV was announced) jointly engineered with Ford. Maybe there is some inspiration there.

If that is the case, then the current gen Scorpio will get updates and will continue to sell. This will definitely be upwards of 25L
diwakarmuthu is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 6th May 2022, 17:41   #609
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And did i hear the "Big B's" voiceover?
rakesh_r is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th May 2022, 18:07   #610
BHPian

Lets do what we always do - 'OVER DESIGN'. God No
AJITHAAA is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 6th May 2022, 18:18   #611
Distinguished - BHPian

The new TVC, confirms that the Scorpio is going head-on with the D-Segment SUVs.

I believe price-wise it will still be under the XUV700, but will be bench-marked against the D-Segemt body-on-frame SUVs, the same way how the XUV700 is bench-marked against the Skoda Kodiaq.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 6th May 2022, 18:32   #612
BHPian

"nothing else will do" this has remained the scorpio's tagline for well over a decade now, so the scorpio name is confirmed not sure about the suffix or preffixes M&M may add, hope to see this in june on the legends 20th anniversary
Cliff9091 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th May 2022, 18:35   #613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
The new TVC, confirms that the Scorpio is going head-on with the D-Segment SUVs.

I believe price-wise it will still be under the XUV700, but will be bench-marked against the D-Segemt body-on-frame SUVs, the same way how the XUV700 is bench-marked against the Skoda Kodiaq.
true its highly unlikely the new Scorpio is priced above the XUV700, but they can surely take advantage of the Endeavour's absence and eat a share of the Fortuner's sales figures by pricing the car right with the right amount of tech and engine specs
Cliff9091 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th May 2022, 19:15   #614
BHPian

Quote:
Yes. And I believe the current gen Scorpio belongs to C segment. So that hints towards new Scorpio going one segment up.
Knightrider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2022, 19:19   #615

The Hood Scoop seems to have been given the boot. Feel like that was one of the key design elements of the Scorpio.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks