Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2022, 14:58   #781
Team-BHP Support

re: Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
He has had a good part of a year on board M&M and should have refused to sign off this design.
A car isn't some software that gets signed-off at the last minute (or even months / year) and goes to production.

The design for the Scorpio would have been finalized long back, even before Mr. Pratap. The proof is evident in these spy shots itself -

Name:  20220514_145450.png
Views: 1026
Size:  656.9 KB

The real influence of Pratap Bose will be seen from the unveil of the Born Electric range.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 14th May 2022, 15:12   #782
BHPian

To all the members bashing the car on its looks, people had the same reaction when few XUV700 pictures leaked and then the same people when the car was launched raved about its design.

Not defending the Scorpio as Mahindra's best effort but guys the best we can do is wait for the car to launch so we get to see official pictures and then decide.

Making statements like "this car is a giamt omni" or "facelifted wagonr" etc is really just baseless based on some distorted pre production pictures.
Cliff9091 is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 14th May 2022, 16:23   #783
BHPian

The front and side profile are really promising. Just hope that the awkward back profile is a camera thing like it happened with XUV700

Name:  images.jpeg1.jpg
Views: 640
Size:  13.9 KB
No offense but the only way to represent the design language is this.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 14th May 2022 at 17:16. Reason: Merging back to back posts. please use edit option when replying.
z_3en is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 14th May 2022, 17:38   #784
BANNED

Regretfully I would have to agree. The USP of the original Scorpio was its extra-ordinary street cred/road presence. I ran one for over 14+ years and 160000K and did not regret a moment. We got the new BS6 Thar last year and do not regret that either. But looking at the new Scorpio's side profile I find it too generic (an MUV / X-over hodge-podge) and would not plonk my hard-earned on it. I have been in the body-on-chassis RWD corner from early on (Tata Sierra/Scorpio/Thar) but it must be worth the choice. Unfortunately, the new Scorpio seems to have climbed on the generic SUV bandwagon and lost its stand-out character.

Last edited by GTO : 16th May 2022 at 08:27. Reason: Quoted post deleted
shashanka is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th May 2022, 18:55   #785

Quote:
Originally Posted by z_3en View Post

Attachment 2307652
No offense but the only way to represent the design language is this.
Witty!
But the image should be the other way around.
The new car looks perfect from the front (no less than a stallion). It’s the rear that’s ‘supposedly’ botched up.
Even in the teaser, the rear shot of the car gave previous gen safari vibes.
SukhamritR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2022, 19:50   #786
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashanka View Post
Regretfully I would have to agree. The USP of the original Scorpio was its extra-ordinary street cred/road presence................ Unfortunately, the new Scorpio seems to have climbed on the generic SUV bandwagon and lost its stand-out character.
I have no opinions about the spy pics given that it is probably a marketing ploy by M&M to polarize opinions and get people talking just like they did with the XUV700.

But as far as this vehicle is concerned, it absolutely has no road presence. I regularly see a camouflaged prototype being tested on the Airport Road in Coimbatore and the vehicle looks tiny compared to the old Scorpio. It is about the size of a Renault Duster and not more. It is definitely nowhere close to the Fortuner or Endeavor in size and road presence.
Old 14th May 2022, 20:52   #787
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_ninja View Post
I regularly see a camouflaged prototype being tested on the Airport Road in Coimbatore and the vehicle looks tiny compared to the old Scorpio. It is about the size of a Renault Duster and not more. It is definitely nowhere close to the Fortuner or Endeavor in size and road presence.
Sure it's the same prototype?

One of the old images shows it being nothing even remotely close to a Terrano/Duster -

Name:  4.JPG
Views: 563
Size:  142.4 KB

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 14th May 2022 at 20:57.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 14th May 2022, 20:59   #788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Sure it's the same prototype?

One of the old images shows it being nothing even remote close to a Terrano/Duster -

Yes. It's the same prototype. I'm just comparing the size of this vehicle with Duster/Terrano. A lot of people here seem to think that this vehicle is going head-on against the Fortuner. IMHO, this vehicle is not in the same class.
Old 14th May 2022, 21:09   #789
Distinguished - BHPian

Mahindra has achieved what it wanted - good or bad, they got people speculating about the new vehicle launch. What's better - half of the people don't even know what this product could be, leading to so much confusing points and am sure Mahindra wouldn't mind !

They may need all these discussions going on for the next 2-3 months till the actual price launch.

As always, suddenly, there's a set of clear pics 'leaked' from the factory floor itself, where I doubt camera phones are even allowed! We'll done Mahindra - your PR team is fabulous. And I have no doubts all these 'unhappy' members are going to suddenly forgive the design team the moment prices are revealed.

Also, if the news of ADAS not coming to Scorpio is true, am so happy. I want a product which is not-so-intrusive from a driving perspective. I'll be unhappy if they don't give the 10 speaker Sony system though.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 14th May 2022 at 21:10.
swiftnfurious is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 15th May 2022, 00:04   #790
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Rear tailgate is still missing few trims, one below the windshield (chrome stripe probably)...
Or the letters of the name probably?

Name:  S.JPEG
Views: 576
Size:  78.3 KB
balenoed_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2022, 00:39   #791
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post
Somehow the boot door isn’t complementing to the overall looks
I'll 'camouflage' the rear like this! It is much better looking than the non-camoflagued one. It hides all the pits and ponds on the rear door, and is much more butch-looking (which suits Scorpio).

Anyway, the scorpio stings on side and front are nit from Pratap Bose.
Attached Images

Last edited by romeomidhun : 15th May 2022 at 01:09.
romeomidhun is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th May 2022, 09:10   #792
BHPian

The product itself should be quite impressive. After all, even the current generation has been a runaway success for Mahindra since the start. The worst thing about this ad is how presumptuous Mahindra is being by throwing around abbreviations like D segment. 99% of car buyers cannot relate to such abbreviations or classes. Even I as an automobile enthusiast, never address car categories by such abbreviations and to use such terms for mainstream advertising feels like the engineers were responsible for marketing tasks when it comes to the new Scorpio!

And a good strong product should be sold on the basis of its own merits, rather than suggesting it will be someone else’s Daddy!
ashnd is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 15th May 2022, 09:21   #793
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche_guy View Post
This just seems like one of the many renders that have been doing rounds since years now. Just the shape of the headlights give it away
So it is not just a render floating around then. Seems pretty much the car we see in the images of the actual vehicle.
Old 15th May 2022, 10:04   #794
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
So it is not just a render floating around then. Seems pretty much the car we see in the images of the actual vehicle.
Nope. As you can see below, the front bumper on the actual car is way more curvier and rounded off than the sharper one on the render. And so are the headlights of completely different shape and size too. Additionally you can see how the window line is in a stark difference to the render and also notice the conspicuous absence of a skid plate.

It is just an early render based upon few spy images of test mules

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-screenshot_20220513210739.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-img_20220515_100042.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-img_20220515_100123.jpg
porsche_guy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th May 2022, 16:34   #795

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 16th May 2022 at 08:17.
tdcarlover is offline   Received Infraction
Closed Thread

Most Viewed