Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2022, 00:13   #826
BHPian

re: Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N

The rear looks too narrow and disproportionate. The lights though, somehow mimics the Volvo design language. The front lights looks a bit like a young and edgy Alturas G4. Interior design though, especially the front dashboard is a huge step up from the previous generation. It somehow looks polished and raw and rugged at the same time. If it scores well in gncap, it is surely a better alternative than Creta/Seltos and even Taigun/Kushaq if someone is looking a proper SUV type design and characteristics and not enthusiastic driving or too much feature loaded car.
Old 17th May 2022, 00:14   #827
Team-BHP Support

@ johnjojo08

You can't call it old daddy na. So they changed to big daddy since the Scorpio has been around since 2002. Daddy has become older and grown up now.

Last edited by GTO : 17th May 2022 at 07:07. Reason: Quoted post deleted
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 06:14   #828
BHPian

I don't get the commotion behind the Z101's boot space (or the lack of it). Mahindra's forte has never been boot space.

As far as the pricing is concerned, I think Mahindra might pull off another XUV700 and undercut its other vehicles such as the old Scorpio and Thar for some time before announcing price hikes
tanbeamer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 06:16   #829
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanbeamer View Post
I don't get the commotion behind the Z101's boot space (or the lack of it). Mahindra's forte has never been boot space.
Agree with you. However, the contention here is that Mahindra had an opportunity to do better considering this was being developed ground-up, and the shortcomings of the earlier models with regards to luggage space with the last row seats up was well-known.
benbsb29 is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 06:26   #830
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Agree with you. However, the contention here is that Mahindra had an opportunity to do better considering this was being developed ground-up, and the shortcomings of the earlier models with regards to luggage space with the last row seats up was well-known.
Fair enough on your part. But just to be fair on Mahindra, I have a 2021 GMC Yukon Denali here in Dubai, and going by the sheer size one would expect a lot of space but unfortunately, that isn't the case. I guess that's standard for most 3-row SUVs.

My 2017 Ford Flex does better at space management in a smaller package.

OT: On that note, this conversation just prompted me to update my profile
tanbeamer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 08:21   #831
BHPian

The Scorpio in my mind has always been a barebones utility vehicle which has real go anywhere prowess. You could throw it about and it will get you where you want to go. Then came the 2nd gen and I never saw those being used like the 1st. And now the 3rd..

I remember all the estate guys had one. Some with 4x4 . So I feel like as the generations go, the cars loose their ruggedness and start getting softer.

Just like how LandRover was one of the few vehicles that were genuinely used in rough conditions and that was their reputation. Now you only find rich kids driving them and they will never ever be used for the what they stood for. Is Scorpio going the same way? What about the Bolero? Even the older Thar, used to be one that was used for its intended purpose and the current gen is just for those who want to look like that's what they do. These generation changes should never fail to continue the work they started but sadly, that doesn't seem to be the case. Pricing ofcourse also means you don't want throw that money at tough obstacles.
Valhalla1979 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 08:45   #832
Senior - BHPian

Select Mahindra dealerships across the country have started accepting the unofficial bookings for the new Scorpio.

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-20220517_084428.jpg

Source
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 08:55   #833
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
I see curtain airbag labels on the A and B pillars. Probably for the Government mandate, but regardless, this could be the first Mahindra model to be tested under the new GNCAP protocols which have a pole test.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebird_7 View Post
See front parking sensor inserts also.
Not sure if I'm looking in the right place but those look like mounting points for the registration plate.
ron178 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 09:08   #834
Senior - BHPian

Well, the car looks upmarket with those interior pics. Clearly, Mahindra has another winner in their SUV stable - hattrick!

The only part I don’t like is the boot door which I’ve mentioned on another post. Else, the car is absolutely great to look at from all angles! I am sure Once launched, our forum would be flooding with a lot of good comments towards the car and a lot more disappointing comments towards the booking / waiting period this would come with
Old 17th May 2022, 09:36   #835
BHPian

Quote:

Not sure if I'm looking in the right place but those look like mounting points for the registration plate.
Mounting points are those shiny dots, beyond that i see 2 black colored recess which should be for sensor.
Bluebird_7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 14:32   #836

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhalla1979 View Post
The Scorpio in my mind has always been a barebones utility vehicle which has real go anywhere prowess.

So I feel like as the generations go, the cars loose their ruggedness and start getting softer.
Exactly. This is what happened with the new Safari as well. It went from a rugged RWD to a soft FWD. I think this is due to these so called youtube vloggers/reviewers who continuously mention 'bodyroll' while driving cars like these. Obviously SUVs will have bodyroll. What's new? People driving them from a long time don't even think about it. We had a Scorpio for 12 years and we never complained. My father drove it so gracefully, it felt amazing to sit in. An experienced driver makes a lot of difference in the way passengers feel about the car.

Cheers
hardikj is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 15:25   #837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post

Looking at the below pricing, I wonder where M&M will place it. Another Mahindra SUV starting at 16 big ones on-road in Pune? Any guesses?

Pricing details from carwale.
I think Mahindra is going the Maruti way . Maruti Suzuki under the price bracket of 6 lakhs offers 5 cars ( Wagon R , Celerio , Alto , S-presso , ignis). When Maruti does this then the question in the Average buyers mind when he enters the NEXA or ARENA showroom's is that out of those 5 Cars , which he should get rather than out of Tata , Hyundai and Maruti suzuki which brands car he should get . Maruti Suzuki distracts the consumer by offering so many choices under one roof and Mahindra is doing the same . cannibalization will happen due to all 4 cars having the same price , but at the same time Mahindra will have something for everyone who enters there showroom and in the end Mahindra will win.

Already Mahindra has so many bookings for the XUV 700 and Thar ( and in no sense anyone buys these products with compromises ) . The scorpio ( or scorpion ) is going to be another hit seller in it's segment and will easily do atleast 5-6 thousand units a month.
Old 17th May 2022, 17:37   #838
Distinguished - BHPian

Looking at the interior pics, I am certain this will not be named Scorpio. How can it be? The power window switches are on the door!!

People upgrading from the previous gens to this will probably spend the first month fixing their muscle memory
Dry Ice is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 20:21   #839
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Looking at the interior pics, I am certain this will not be named Scorpio. How can it be? The power window switches are on the door!!

People upgrading from the previous gens to this will probably spend the first month fixing their muscle memory
And hopefully stop hunting for the "dancing" gear lever
I still can't digest the rear door. Looking forward for the launch.

Last edited by rakesh_r : 17th May 2022 at 20:23.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 22:58   #840
Distinguished - BHPian

I had spotted a convoy of around 10 cars on Mumbai Bangalore highway last weekend. Not sure why so many cars were driving together. The ride quality looked good on bad patches. Shot few videos too .

Dr.Naren is offline   (29) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks