Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2019, 22:33   #76
Vmv
BHPian

re: Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N

The next-gen 2020 Mahindra Scorpio has been spied on several occasions by now.

Here the front and rear rendering combined and it was created by our member SRK.

SRK designs are always commendable , good work

Source : https://m.indianautosblog.com/next-g...dering-p318209
Attached Thumbnails
Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-mahindrascorpio2020frontquarter8d3e.jpg  

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-mahindrascorpio2020rear1d882.jpg  

Vmv is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th August 2019, 06:24   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmv View Post
Here the front and rear rendering combined and it was created by our member SRK.
Very true. His designs are awesome. Unfortunatley Mahindra design house like's to make stuff really gaudy. Let us see and hope for the best.
4x4addict is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th August 2019, 06:41   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Looks longer as per these pics?

The old upright stance is gone when seen from the side profile, though that was expected since the current Scorpio is cramped for room.
Scorpio cramped for room? Why do you say so? I have always felt that Scorpio feels quite roomy and has got good internal space.
Old 21st August 2019, 11:00   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambydude View Post
Scorpio cramped for room? Why do you say so? I have always felt that Scorpio feels quite roomy and has got good internal space.
Then you may feel safari like palace on wheels . Kidding

Scorpio is indeed congested for its size. This is coming from Scorpio fan!!
2500cc is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 11:25   #80
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
Then you may feel safari like palace on wheels . Kidding
Scorpio is indeed congested for its size. This is coming from Scorpio fan!!

Scorpio congested? That's a new one It may feel congested if you have an MU7 or a Rolls Phantom! But as a Scorpio owner who ran one for 14+ years, we admit that it its shortcomings, but being short of space was not among our grouses. Some of our happiest memories are centered around it.
shashanka is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 11:40   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shashanka View Post
Scorpio congested? That's a new one It may feel congested if you have an MU7 or a Rolls Phantom! But as a Scorpio owner who ran one for 14+ years, we admit that it its shortcomings, but being short of space was not among our grouses. Some of our happiest memories are centered around it.
Infact as one who owns one presently (for last 9 yrs almost), as a 3 row SUV, it indeed gets short on space, especially legroom (though width is generous). We have the third row taken off most of the time and the second row pushed back (that way it's a "Limo")

The Safari does not have a 3 row (front facing) configuration, in which case, it would also suffer the exact same plight, if not worse.
1100D is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 11:49   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Infact as one who owns one presently (for last 9 yrs almost), as a 3 row SUV, it indeed gets short on space, especially legroom (though width is generous). We have the third row taken off most of the time and the second row pushed back (that way it's a "Limo")

The Safari does not have a 3 row (front facing) configuration, in which case, it would also suffer the exact same plight, if not worse.
Maybe the difference in opinion is because of the variant we have used. I have driven a 7 seater Scorpio extensively. The one with side facing jump seats in third row. Agreed that these seats are used rarely. However, in this form the middle row has lot of space - legroom and width. Add to that the height of the vehicle and the cabin feels very roomy. What else do you need to call a vehicle spacious.
Lambydude is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 12:27   #83
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Quote:
Maybe the difference in opinion is because of the variant we have used. I have driven a 7 seater Scorpio extensively. The one with side facing jump seats in third row. Agreed that these seats are used rarely. However, in this form the middle row has lot of space - legroom and width. Add to that the height of the vehicle and the cabin feels very roomy. What else do you need to call a vehicle spacious.

I'd just be overstating the case but yes, for those using the 3-row Scorpio (just as in a 3-row Safari) one would indeed feel cramped inside. But not as a 5-seater with two rows of seats. The real grouse in the earlier Scorpio (mine was a 2004 model) was the lack of interior appointments and features (bottle holders, knick-knack nooks & crannies, shallow & narrow door pockets, etc) which the later editions of the car came fitted with.
shashanka is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 13:54   #84
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akib Khan View Post
Received these pics via Whatsapp.
The frontal appearance is quite passable & acceptable. It is the rear that looks plainly disappointing. As an ex-owner of a 2004 Scorpio (we ran it for 14+ years & reluctantly sold it last December) I can understand the devoted fan following of the car. I just felt that the first iteration (2002 - 2005) had the most balanced and restrained looks (endorsed by many other owners) and I hope that the coming model carries the story forward.
Old 21st August 2019, 20:02   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The frontal appearance is quite passable & acceptable. It is the rear that looks plainly disappointing. As an ex-owner of a 2004 Scorpio (we ran it for 14+ years & reluctantly sold it last December) I can understand the devoted fan following of the car. I just felt that the first iteration (2002 - 2005) had the most balanced and restrained looks (endorsed by many other owners) and I hope that the coming model carries the story forward.
I hated the looks when it launched, but then I saw a few closing in on me in the rear view mirror and figured out why its styled that way.

The model BD Sir used to have looked really good, I think its the same one you are talking about.

Quote:
True, I find it to be Spacious, so does everyone who gets into it for the first time, the 2+3+2 Jump seats version is actually comfy and practical, there is enough room to pack soft bags around the jump seats too.

The seats are tall and has deep seat base (becoming a rare thing these days), which makes for excellent under thigh support. My reference is models from 2013 refresh onwards.
Kosfactor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2019, 10:07   #86
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubin View Post
while i partly agree with you, but having owned all generation of Scorpios and currently awaiting delivery of the S11. yes it doesn't command that sort of an on-road pricing, but if you've ever owned a classic/vintage car in your life you would like things oldschool. i have driven my scorpios across the length of India and every scorpio of mine has clocked 1.5lakh plus on the odo it manage to remain simple,robust, abuse friendly and never abandon you unless ofcourse you're sold a lemon. Major market share comes from rural areas where they manage to rake in some serious abuse over rough roads to no roads. and it manages to do it with breaking a sweat.
Nice to know another devotee of this well-tried & well-loved icon. I owned mine for 14+ years and sold it reluctantly - even after a highway shunt where the car took 3 roll-overs in a sugarcane field with my wife & I in it. We crawled out on our own steam, shaken & stirred, but without a broken bone. I've mentioned it elsewhere in in the forum, with before & after photographs. So yes, in a word the Scorpio is certainly abuse friendly. More than that, it has been to places supposedly accessible only to Land-Rovers earlier - Blackpearl & 1100D have driven it to Sandakphu (solo, not as part of a convoy), more than once.

So, for my money, our Bucephalus was a better bet than all the fancy boulvardiers (with all their candy-floss frills & driver's aids!) passing themselves off as SUVs.

Last edited by shashanka : 26th August 2019 at 10:08.
shashanka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2019, 17:01   #87
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmv View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Very true. His designs are awesome. Unfortunatley Mahindra design house like's to make stuff really gaudy. Let us see and hope for the best.
Thank You. Nice to know you like my work
SRK is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 24th September 2019, 08:26   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Scorpio congested?..
Yup, it is for the size. Have 2 of them. Quanto / NuvoSport offered more space for the 1st & 2nd row than Scorpio.

Last edited by aah78 : 24th September 2019 at 21:58. Reason: Typo fixed on request.
purohitanuj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th November 2019, 21:37   #89
Senior - BHPian

As per recent report a test mule caught fire as per Rushlane FB page. Reason for this fire is yet to be sourced.

https://www.rushlane.com/2020-mahind...-12336940.html
Attached Thumbnails
Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-ca003bf158c9404391b5fc5b24e89e80.jpeg  

gururajrv is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 14th November 2019, 23:32   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by purohitanuj View Post
Yup, it is for the size. Have 2 of them. Quanto / NuvoSport offered more space for the 1st & 2nd row than Scorpio.
The very reason we bought Xylo (mHawk) for touring. People might not like it for looks though it looks alright to me and is a very capable tourer and better than the last gen Innova IMHO. The current gen Scorpio is made on the same platform as the Xylo and from the looks of it the next gen Scorpio would also will be. If Mahindra could put the best of both the cars into one, the space of Xylo and looks of Scorpio I think it would be a very competent product with little to no shortcomings in this particular segment.
wrongturn is offline   (6) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks