Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2022, 07:25   #1036
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Mahindra thinktank is definitely pushing for a starting price of around ~11 lakhs for the base variant of the Scorpio-N. I am hearing 10.99L for the petrol base, barebones variant and 11.49L for the 130PS diesel base, barebones variant.
The bare-bones Thar now costs 13.5 lakhs ex-showroom. I don't think the Scorpio-N - a more substantial vehicle - will come for ~11 lakhs. Even the current Scorpio (now called Scorpio Classic) base variant is 13.3 lakhs ex-showroom.
GTO is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 28th May 2022, 08:43   #1037
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The bare-bones Thar now costs 13.5 lakhs ex-showroom. I don't think the Scorpio-N - a more substantial vehicle - will come for ~11 lakhs. Even the current Scorpio (now called Scorpio Classic) base variant is 13.3 lakhs ex-showroom.
Can somewhat agree regarding the Thar but then it's base variant is not on sale anymore (side facing bench seats). As far as the current gen Scorpio is concerned, it's only in diesel avatar. The Scorpio-N will be launched in a petrol version too so it may undercut the current gen Scorpio. These are my thoughts.
BoneCollector is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 28th May 2022, 11:11   #1038
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
The Scorpio-N will be launched in a petrol version too so it may undercut the current gen Scorpio. These are my thoughts.
Turbo-petrols are priced in the vicinity of turbo-diesels. Both require expensive hardware. It is the naturally-aspirated petrols that were significantly cheaper than turbo-diesels.
GTO is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 28th May 2022, 16:11   #1039
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Just like they launched the XUV7OO MX from 11.99L/12.49L ex-showroom pan India, while the XUV5OO base diesel was still retailing back then at 13.xxL ex-showroom, disruptive pricing is a given with Mahindra.

They offered the full 197PS petrol at 11.99L for the base (MX) 7OO. Goes to show where they will be placing the Scorpio-N base petrol too.

They will definitely go for a shocker introductory pricing, grab the bookings, and start hiking the prices like they did with the 7OO in the past 8 months - 4 hikes (including a hike within 1 day of opening official bookings).

They will leave no stone unturned to ensure that the Scorpio-N is also a blockbuster at launch.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 28th May 2022 at 16:18. Reason: added.
RavenAvi is offline   (40) Thanks
Old 28th May 2022, 18:19   #1040
BHPian

Had a really interesting experience today at Mahindra showroom in Moti Nagar, New Delhi.

Went to enquire about my brothers XUV700 booking and was talking to the salesman
Upon asking will there be any price increase in the coming future and what about the new scorpio the salesman replied

Vo to iske aadhe price mein aa jaegi.” (it’ll be half the price) of AX7 petrol

Asked him a bit more and he said he can’t say much but the car will cost 13ish lakhs on road delhi for the base petrol model.

He didn’t say much more regarding variants or pricing of diesel. And maybe even this information just slipped out. But this makes me believe the xuv700 prices before all the price increases could be the prices of the new scorpio N.
kushgandhi is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 28th May 2022, 22:32   #1041
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushgandhi View Post
Had a really interesting experience today at Mahindra showroom in Moti Nagar, New Delhi.

Went to enquire about my brothers XUV700 booking and was talking to the salesman
Upon asking will there be any price increase in the coming future and what about the new scorpio the salesman replied

Vo to iske aadhe price mein aa jaegi.” (it’ll be half the price) of AX7 petrol

Asked him a bit more and he said he can’t say much but the car will cost 13ish lakhs on road delhi for the base petrol model.

He didn’t say much more regarding variants or pricing of diesel. And maybe even this information just slipped out. But this makes me believe the xuv700 prices before all the price increases could be the prices of the new scorpio N.

There were lot of speculations before launch of xuv700 that it will start above 20 lacs.11.99/12.49 launch price with decent features and powertrains just shocked all the car enthusiasts.I am fully confident that it will be repeated in case of ScorpioN .13+ lacs on-road Delhi makes perfect sense.
Gaddibuddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2022, 22:48   #1042
BHPian

Quote:
One point to note is that the "barebones" Thar still comes with all the 4x4 hardware, whereas the base ScorpioN will be a base RWD model, with a limited production run just to provide an enticing STARTING AT price to draw customers to the showroom (or web portal).

Also, I like to think the Thar is definitely priced at a bit of a premium for the kind of quality/feature set that you get for that price. So an 11/12 lakhs pricing doesn't seem entirely out of the question.

Last edited by ask99 : 28th May 2022 at 22:49.
ask99 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 29th May 2022, 10:23   #1043
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post

14. This mule was a 7 seater version, with no visible option of Captain Seats in the 2nd row .
Sorry but i see captain seats in 2nd row. Some more observations:
- Auto Headlight and rain sensing wiper
- Internally adjustable side view mirror
- Lumbar support for driver
- One touch window for both driver and passenger
- 2 glove box, hopefully top one should be cooled
- Wireless charging pad
- Adjustable head rest for 3rd row as well
- Cabin light for each row, 2 for last one, good move since will be largely used as boot space
- Hydraulic Strut for boot, not sure it was there in earlier generation

Seats look perforated, ventilated ones ?
Bluebird_7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2022, 13:51   #1044
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Just like they launched the XUV7OO MX from 11.99L/12.49L ex-showroom pan India, while the XUV5OO base diesel was still retailing back then at 13.xxL ex-showroom, disruptive pricing is a given with Mahindra.

They offered the full 197PS petrol at 11.99L for the base (MX) 7OO. Goes to show where they will be placing the Scorpio-N base petrol too.

They will definitely go for a shocker introductory pricing, grab the bookings, and start hiking the prices like they did with the 7OO in the past 8 months - 4 hikes (including a hike within 1 day of opening official bookings).

They will leave no stone unturned to ensure that the Scorpio-N is also a blockbuster at launch.
Was visiting the Mahindra showroom today to see the 7OO in flesh so I could exchange it with my 5OO in the coming months.

The SA upon enquiring regarding Scorpio mentioned exactly same thing, introductory prices will be shocking (his words) but soon, and he meant very soon, there will be a hike, on similar lines as 7OO.
Old_Salt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th May 2022, 14:48   #1045
BHPian

I had registered my interest on the Mahindra website and they called me just to inform that launch of Big Daddy of SUV is on 27th June and to ask for my acceptance for further communication and calls regarding Scorpio-N.
Old 29th May 2022, 20:52   #1046
BHPian

I personally will never consider Scorpio Classic in 2022 considering it had scored 0 stars in crash test back in 2015 but, Scorpio-N should do well in safety department.

Mahindra may have to reduce the prices for the old Scorpio to slot Scorpio-N below XUV700 and that will be a great news if it happens I am very much hopeful with pricing strategy of Mahindra lately and eagerly waiting for this launch.
sulliavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2022, 21:48   #1047
BHPian

Insta reel on interior:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CeJcd...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Bluebird_7 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 29th May 2022, 22:25   #1048

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebird_7 View Post
Looking at the fit and finish here I think we're underestimating the overall appeal of this car with the Xylo comparisons and what not, once the car hits Indian roads it'll surely be as successful if not more than the XUV700 in my opinion.
AB0793 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th May 2022, 01:20   #1049
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB0793 View Post
Looking at the fit and finish here I think we're underestimating the overall appeal of this car.
Agree. Dashboard seems to have double stitched soft touch material. Not liking the tan color there, let's see how it looks in person. Can see Sony branding on centre speaker.
Bluebird_7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2022, 05:32   #1050
BHPian

Do any of you know when will be (drive on road) reviews of new scorpio will be available, what kind of timelines one can expect (days, weeks, months)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks