Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2022, 16:26   #1081
sbm
BHPian

Re: Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalmirza View Post
How's this rendition of ScorpioN rear?
I'm sure they are holding back the rear reveal for a reason. Probably, they are reading this thread and making last minute changes.

https://Youtu.be/Wr9oKVOKFgw
IMO, the rear glass will have be slanted, unlike the vertical glass in current gen and it'll have a rear end more like the Fortuner along with a raised rear bumper giving it a more crossoverish rear as compared to flat square rear end on current gen Scorpio. Take a look at a shot of the rear
Attached Thumbnails
Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-screenshot_2022060113370486_f9ee0578fe1cc94de7482bd41accb329.jpg  

sbm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st June 2022, 20:46   #1082
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertknight73 View Post
2. Safety
3. decently reliable vehicle .
4. It got to be BIG
5. He is an inquisitive child and loves to play with technology, so adequately specced vehicle with android auto as mandatory requirement.
6. Has to be tough,
7. Sales and service networks: Tier 3 town
8. Budget: 30 lakhs. Cannot extend beyond that.
Since above points are crucial for you what I (an amateur chef ) think is, upcoming Hyundai Tucson (Completely new design which will come with long wheelbase) can be considered. The fourth-gen Hyundai Tucson has scored a 5-star safety rating at the Euro NCAP with 86 percent for adult occupants.
Its presence in Tier 3 cities with reliable after sales network and their customer centric approach makes Hyundai a top contender.

If you have Toyota in & around your place then Innova can be considered, but its an MPV.

I haven seen TATA and Mahindra lacking Sales/service networks in tier 3 cities so not commenting on their vehicles.

peace
sulliavi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2022, 10:06   #1083
BHPian

Quote:
Hello everyone,

Issues:
1. His birthday is in July last week, the car has to be his birthday gift.
2. I want him to go safe wherever he goes, safety takes priority and kicks out Korean spices and the Indo-Japanese tinned beans from the recipe.
3. I don’t want him to make random runs to the workshops to get minor niggles and issues fixed, so decently reliable vehicle required.
4. It got to be BIG , he’s lived a humble life and now I want him to be in a car that suits his status quo.
5. He is an inquisitive child and loves to play with technology, so adequately specced vehicle with android auto as mandatory requirement.
6. Has to be tough, these wheels will be visiting the rural regions of India hence the potholes and broken roads have to be at peace with the car, low slung sedans I’m sorry!
7. Sales and service networks: Tier 3 town reduces availability of the essential care the car requires, so brand must have well spread out network.

Vehicles already test driven:

Should I wait with the booking of XUV 7O_o or go ahead and risk stinging myself with the Scorpio-N, or should I extend my budget and go for the Innova which Toyota is Innovating for new launch whose timelines are not Crysta clear.
You should have started earlier man if you know his birthday coming in July.

Tips:
Stay away from new products like XUV7OO, Scorpio N for an year. I know what I have been through with XUV5OO 2012 model and Scorpio 2015 model later enhanced by Mahindra in 2016.

Look for ride quality then handling. People at this age are more sensitive about their spinal cord then adrenaline rush

May I suggest something

Issues: Solution
Buy a used Honda CR-V Petrol or used Endevour (age less than 5 years) or brand new M&M Alturas G4 (22L ex showroom)

I am assuming, they will have a beater car too. Less selling vehicles have spare parts issue and sometimes may stay longer in service station.

CHECK

2. I want him to go safe wherever he goes, safety takes priority and kicks out Korean spices and the Indo-Japanese tinned beans from the recipe.
CHECK

3. I don’t want him to make random runs to the workshops to get minor niggles and issues fixed, so decently reliable vehicle required.
CHECK

4. It got to be BIG , he’s lived a humble life and now I want him to be in a car that suits his status quo.
CHECK

Not Sure but I am sure it would be there.

6. Has to be tough, these wheels will be visiting the rural regions of India hence the potholes and broken roads have to be at peace with the car, low slung sedans I’m sorry!
CHECK

7. Sales and service networks: Tier 3 town reduces availability of the essential care the car requires, so brand must have well spread out network.
CHECK

CHECK
dicor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2022, 11:19   #1084
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
200 mph? That is easily 320+ kmph.

That’s incredibly ambitious of them!
That's a typo error by OP. The test speed is up to 200 km/h.
Had it been 200 mph (~321 km/h) Aston Martin (for DBX707) and Bugatti (for Chiron Pur Sport 300+) would have been looking to rent the place
AROO7 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2022, 13:49   #1085
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicor View Post
brand new M&M Alturas G4 (22L ex showroom)
Is it worth investing in Alturas anymore?
Old 2nd June 2022, 14:08   #1086
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitinDev View Post
If you’re looking for a tough ladder on frame vehicle and don’t need 4X4 then the base Alturas is a steal as of now. It’s a bit dated but the design is nice the ergonomics of the vehicle are sorted and for sure the biggest vehicle dimensions wise in the price range.

The only problem the vehicle might face is spare part availability. That can be an issue. Plus you don’t get a spare wheel.
kushgandhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2022, 14:15   #1087
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Issues:
I would recommend stay with your XUV booking and tweet tagging Anand Mahindra and some of the top brass at M&M like Anish Shah and Veejay Nakra about the passion you feel for their vehicles, how badly you want your Dad to have the car on his birthday, how much he deserves it etc. They seem to be an emotional sort of company and there seem to have been several cases of them jumping allocation queues for "special" situations to "spread the joy" and "celebrate with pride", "make the moment special" etc.
84.monsoon is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2022, 16:33   #1088

Quote:
Originally Posted by sulliavi View Post
upcoming Hyundai Tucson,
Innova can be considered, but its an MPV.
Thank you, but Tucson launch is not foreseen and the new set of wheels need to be in the parking by July end, so ruling out this one.
Now addressing Innova as an MPV might be wrong, Body-on-Frame, RWD, makes it more SUV than other lambs in the wolf's skin . See this Zigwheels video for reference, the Innova guy laughs his way out of all the challenges here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicor View Post
You should have started earlier man if you know his birthday coming in July.

Tips:
Stay away from new products like XUV7OO, Scorpio N for an year.
Look for ride quality then handling. People at this age are more sensitive about their spinal cord then adrenaline rush

May I suggest something

Buy a used Honda CR-V Petrol or used Endevour (age less than 5 years) or brand new M&M Alturas G4 (22L ex showroom)
Sir, I had other pre-committed expenses lined up, so had very less luxury of time.
Answering to your solutions: I believe that birthday gift cannot be a pre-worshipped car. Plus I already own an Endeavour. So I don't think the Alturas would be a pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitinDev View Post
No sir it is not, M&M is apparently clearing stocks, the dealerships are so keen on selling XUV 7O_o that one particular SA named it as their flagship and forgot about the Alturas altogether. Although as a stand alone it comes out as a very tempting offering, not something that speaks of a promise that it'll age well with time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
I would recommend stay with your XUV booking and tweet tagging Anand Mahindra and some of the top brass at M&M like Anish Shah and Veejay Nakra about the passion you feel for their vehicles, how badly you want your Dad to have the car on his birthday, how much he deserves it etc. They seem to be an emotional sort of company and there seem to have been several cases of them jumping allocation queues for "special" situations to "spread the joy" and "celebrate with pride", "make the moment special" etc.
I had this thought, created a Twitter account for that too, then saw Anand Mahindra's tweet expressing how Mrs Anand Mahindra is still waiting for the delivery of her own XUV 7O_o.
read his cheeky reply here
So sir, I'm a nobody and maybe will either have to wait, or shift the booking to the ScorpioN which may or may not sting me in the end.
If not, time to beg-borrow-steal some more money and get that Toyota assurance and be carefree for a decade to come.

Note: Sorry mods for diverting, just noticed we stopped s(t)inging about the new arachnid and that is so venomous for the thread.
desertknight73 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2022, 19:56   #1089
BHPian

Quote:
Now addressing Innova as an MPV might be wrong, Body-on-Frame, RWD, makes it more SUV than other lambs in the wolf's skin . See this Zigwheels video for reference, the Innova guy laughs his way out of all the challenges here.
Wow, that was a very good video.

Only one reason is enough to choose Innova rather than choosing other not-so-SUVs and that is, its platform which is based on Fortuner & Hilux !!

peace
sulliavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2022, 10:58   #1090
BHPian

Quote:
Hello everyone,
I’ve something to ask, if wrong thread please excuse the newbie here.

Vehicles already test driven:
1. XUV7OO : All great vehicle, booked the AX7L AWD D AT already, delivery date is 90 weeks away.
That’s XUV 7 O_o for me.
2. Scorpio (now Scorpio Classic) : With the newer avatar knocking at the doorstep as M&M showing us the Scorpio-N the same way Ekta Kapoor introduced a new Mihir Virani in Kyuki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi. I have decided to check out the Bichhoo once it launches.
3. Innova Crysta : Well the new one off the shelf shoots my budget in the leg and me in the heart. Advices towards buying the GX or VX variants will be treated like Elaichi in Biriyani.
4. Thar : Mum couldn’t climb into the rear seat, Dad unanimously agreed and Thar was deserted.
5. Harrier/Safari duo: Honestly, good cars, but I cannot convince myself to pour in 15+ lakhs in a Tata. Plus the dealer in my hometown has serious customer-relation issues (personal opinion).
Quote:
@desertknight73, of the lot you have shortlisted the, XUV 700 looks the better bet, you get a new generation vehicle. Innova for all its practicality and reliability, for the money you put, is no value at all IMO. In a subsequent thread, I saw @dicor suggesting Honda CRV petrol or Alturas G4 and it caught my attention.

The suggestion of Alturas caught my mind and I did a research too. Apart from absence of a spare wheel (which I feel is absolutely necessary in Indian conditions), I noticed the following differences between their 2WD and 4WD versions. I am splitting them into 'must have' and 'may be' purely based on my personal preference

Must Have
1. Interior - My preference is the dual tone tan interiors, much better than the black/grey ones on the 2WD in my view. I checked out a youtube video and wasn't impressed for a vehicle that costs >25L (2WD base version) on road
2. Airbags - M & M should be kidding with just 2 airbags, should have been atleast 4 or 6
3. Memory Profile for Driver Seat & ORVM - Should have come as a standard. I know you can add it off market, but not sure
4. 3D Around View Camera - Should have come as standard. But you do get after market options that are good too, but price and fitting is an added pain
5. LED Cornering + Fog lamp - Can be changed if the parts are available
6. Front rain sensing wiper - Should be a standard feature. If you go after market, I believe you will need to change the full setup which would be costly

May be
1. Dashboard center & inside door handle (front) lamps
2. Easy Access Mode
3. Illuminated front door scuff plate
4. Sunroof with Anti-Pinch. Not a big fan unless it is a pano sunroof. I look at vehicles being owned in excess of 10 years, so not too keen about it for now.
5. Ambient Mood Lighting
6. Smart Powered Tailgate

As I am in the market for a new vehicle, I am now tempted to give the Alturas 2WD a go. Since they are exiting the market, let me see if they can throw a good deal.

Last edited by ampere : 4th June 2022 at 09:19. Reason: fixed quote
diwakarmuthu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2022, 11:54   #1091
BHPian

Hi guys,

(mods I have some queries specific to ScorpioN, kindly keep this in this thread if possible, thanks)

I am presently using a Polo GT TSI which I picked up in 2019 and thinking about upgrading to a larger car. We have a Creta in the garage which is used by my dad mostly and since its availability is limited, I am looking for an upgrade for the Polo.

Space is my biggest concern in Polo now and since the family has grown since 2019, we are finding it hard to put people and luggage comfortably and especially so over long drives. Also I put my seats way back to get a relaxed driving position (have a knee-related condition), its hard for anybody to sit right behind me.

I've been looking at XUV700, which now seems very far away at least from a delivery point of view and now I am thinking about pre-booking the ScorpioN.

What I need advice is in the following,

> Would the ride quality in the ScorpioN be good as compared to the Polo
> Would the ScorpioN be a comfortable 5+2 seater (if at all I have to take my parents or in-laws over some long drives occasionally)
> Coming from a Polo, will the effect of a ladder-on-frame chassis of the ScorpioN be very evident

My usage as below,
> less than 2000 KM monthly
> 90% within the city

Additionally, one other reason why I am looking for a larger car is because over the years I've felt that smaller cars are being bullied off the road a lot more by larger cars and other vehicles.
Old 3rd June 2022, 13:12   #1092
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Mahindra thinktank is definitely pushing for a starting price of around ~11 lakhs for the base variant of the Scorpio-N. I am hearing 10.99L for the petrol base, barebones variant and 11.49L for the 130PS diesel base, barebones variant.
How much barebone? Are they going to provide car with driver seat only just like trucks? Or car without AC, Power windows, Power steering in 2022?

Big Daddy can't be so cheap. If Mahindra can launch at this price, I will be really shocked.

I think Mahindra should launch this at realistic price of 15 Lakhs (I wish) for base model. No point in launching at low price and keep hiking prices every now and then for next few years without delivering many cars to customers. No point in just creating hype of affordable price and not delivering.

One should always remember basic principal - Under commit, over deliver. Not the vice versa.

Last edited by aniketi : 3rd June 2022 at 13:13.
Old 3rd June 2022, 14:42   #1093
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thealtoman View Post

My usage as below,
> less than 2000 KM monthly
> 90% within the city
A Crossover SUV \ MPV would work better for your utility in my opinion, It is a much familiar set up, easy to get used to in terms of driving and easier for everyone to get in and out.

Additional running costs of a BOF vehicle will be tolerated only if there is good use of their capabilities. You`ve got to change the way you drive as well or else no one will be able to keep lunch in their stomach.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2022, 14:54   #1094
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
A Crossover SUV \ MPV would work better for your utility in my opinion, It is a much familiar set up, easy to get used to in terms of driving and easier for everyone to get in and out.

Additional running costs of a BOF vehicle will be tolerated only if there is good use of their capabilities. You`ve got to change the way you drive as well or else no one will be able to keep lunch in their stomach.
Can you please breifly tell about the additional running costs associated with BOF cars? Also, is the suspension & ride quality really that bad in BOF compared to monocoque? I haven't driven or owned BOFs but have keen interest in the new ScorpioN, am I going to choose the wrong car here? By the way, my current ride is a Baleno hathchback.
Old 3rd June 2022, 15:07   #1095
Senior - BHPian

I think the ride of BOF has matured a lot. Marrazo is an example of M&M hard work. However, BOF can be heavier & the design too heavy. Test drive XUV700 & ScorpioN before you make decision.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks