Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2020, 11:07   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
I am hoping that this gets classic boxy looks rather than the ugly XUV500 curves. I don't have much hope for the next gen XUV500. Knowing Mahindra,they will give it even more cuts and creases than the outgoing XUV500.
Many (including me) hated Scorpio at launch because in comparison to Safari \ Sumo Scorpio had way too may design elements, ultimately it got the car noticed - same goes with XUV , busy design but it works - we all know what happened when they made it more conservative - Marazzo.
Kosfactor is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th November 2020, 12:02   #107
Senior - BHPian

My biggest wish for new Scorpio would be more legroom in the rear and overall comfort. Boggles my mind that such a large vehicle has such abysmal legroom and horrible ride/comfort. It's a different thing that the car keeps selling well nonetheless.
I remember travelling to Goa in a rented Scorpio from Pune and my only memories are vomit inducing body rolls and super bumpy ride. It was a 2010-11 model.

Two months ago I test drove the current gen Scorpio and little has changed! They did nothing in a decade to fix the ride. Its high time they completely replace the model.
amol4184 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2020, 18:44   #108
BHPian

I live in Mahindra city, and spot these test mules 3 to 4 times a wee. IMHO this one looks real ugly and out of proportion. Its way to tall with soft curves on front & back. It can be either because its still a test car with all those make shift lights and wraps.
DieselWanderer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th December 2020, 19:53   #109
Senior - BHPian

Scoop! Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio (lower variant) spied

A test mule of the next generation Mahindra Scorpio has been spotted near Coimbatore. It appears to be a lower variant that is equipped with a 6-speed manual transmission.

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-img_1210.jpg

The new Scorpio (codenamed: Z101) is expected to be based on a ladder frame chassis. It could be offered with a 2.0-litre diesel engine producing 158 BHP, paired with either a 6-speed manual or automatic transmission.

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-img_1212.jpg

The new Scorpio is expected to be launched in the second quarter of 2021.

According to Ankur:
  • The Scorpio has a higher stance compared to the XUV500. But, it looks less butch than the current model.
  • The test mule was riding on 17-inch steel rims.
  • It had dark brown and black interior with beige upholstery.
  • It does not get the Mercedes-like instrument cluster of the new XUV500. It had a multicoloured speedometer.
  • It had a bench seat in the second row. This particular test vehicle did not have a third row of seats but the driver said that it was a 7-seater.
  • The car didn't have a sunroof but it appeared to have provision to install one.

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-img_1215.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-1-2.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-1-3.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-img_1217.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-img_1231.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-img_1211.jpg

Thanks to Ankur Desai for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing them with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 19th December 2020 at 19:54.
TusharK is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 19th December 2020, 22:24   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post

According to Ankur:
[list][*]The Scorpio has a higher stance compared to the XUV500. But, it looks less butch than the current model.
Wonder if less butch means less size overall, or just that the styling isn't loud like the present one.?

From the pics, atleast the ones a couple of pages back, it looks as if the next gen Scorpio is more proportionate now. Gives almost a mini-Prado vibe.
Again, whether it is butch or not maybe decided by the front detailing.

Interiors looks like the infotainment would be a Tesla style portrait one. Hope it doesn't look weird on the base non touchscreen variants like the Hector does.
Old 20th December 2020, 08:31   #111
BHPian

I will definitely wait before we comment on the looks and design. The button to the right of steering wheel; is that a push start button? This looks more like a middle variant to me.
Old 20th December 2020, 19:12   #112
BHPian

I sure hope that the sunroof cutout thing is only for the lower variants. It MUST get a panoramic sunroof. The other thing I'd hope is that it does get the fully digital instrument cluster like in the new XUV 500, at least as an option.

I feel like Mahindra needs to do even more than Kia or MG in terms of bang for buck and must 'feel' like the most advanced and tech loaded thing out there. They are fighting the uphill battle here, not Kia. Even if it means less profits per car now, they need to preserve the Scorpio brand and keep it aspirational to reap long term rewards. They simply cannot afford to seem like a compromise, given the UV onslaught from others. Brand value is return on investment too.
Old 21st December 2020, 18:31   #113
BHPian

I think Mahindra has to sort out its suspension setup and ride quality. With plethora of monocoque SUVs in the market, it'd be difficult for them to sell a bouncy body on frame car that doesn't handle well or has too much body roll like the outgoing car. Needless to say they'll have to keep their prices in check. Mahindra can't become a Toyota and ask premium for their bread and butter models that come with niggles and utilitarian build.
Carpainter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2020, 07:52   #114
BHPian

Mahindra have bookmarked the following :
Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-screenshot_20201226001613.jpg

Scorpio to the power n and Scorpion. Could be the probable names for the Z101? Mahindra earlier had bookmarked the names Sting, Scorpio Sting and The Sting.
Babruvahanaaaaa is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th December 2020, 09:50   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

Scorpion name has been registered by Mahindra.
Attached Thumbnails
Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-b375d64b008043579b838852c32f914a.jpeg  

CEF_Beasts is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th December 2020, 11:37   #116
Distinguished - BHPian

New Scorpio expected to launch in mid-2021.

Quote:
The chassis will be the same that does duty in the second-gen Thar.*It will sport all-new body panels too. However, the overall design will continue to be butch and the new SUV will have an upright stance just like the outgoing model.*As far as dimensions go, the new Scorpio will also be wider and longer, which will result in improved cabin room.

The new Scorpio’s body will feature strong character lines that run along the sides, including a pronounced kink on the rear door that pushes upwards along with the window line; this design element has been seen on modern Mahindra models like the XUV300 and is also expected on the next-gen XUV500 SUV. Moving to the rear, it is likely that the SUV will continue using a side-hinged door with vertically placed tail-lights at either corner.
Quote:
The new dashboard will have the provision for a large touchscreen infotainment system, which could be a MG Hector-like vertically oriented unit. A lot of switchgear – such as the steering wheel, gear knob, control stalks and even the instrument cluster – will be shared with other Mahindra models like the new Thar and the Marazzo.
Quote:
The new Scorpio will see a price announcement sometime in the second quarter of 2021, which means the model will arrive in Mahindra showrooms sometime around April-June.
https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...-launch-419500
CEF_Beasts is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st January 2021, 09:40   #117
Senior - BHPian

Scoop! Production-spec next-gen Mahindra Scorpio spied

The next generation Mahindra Scorpio has been spotted in production guise for the first time.

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-image2.jpeg

The new Scorpio looks larger than the outgoing model and features a completely new look. The front fascia is dominated by a typical Mahindra grille with vertical slats. The SUV has twin-pod headlamps, which may feature integrated LED daytime running lights.

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-image3.jpeg

The SUV has an upright rear fascia with a side-hinged tailgate. It also has ORVMs with integrated turn indicators, roof rails, side steps and is riding on multi-spoke alloy wheels. Unlike the new XUV500, the Scorpio gets pull-type door handles.

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-image1.jpeg

The new Scorpio (codenamed: Z101) is expected to be based on a ladder frame chassis. It could be offered with a 2.0-litre diesel engine producing 158 BHP, paired with either a 6-speed manual or an automatic transmission. The SUV is expected to be launched around mid-2021.

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-image0.jpeg

Thanks to R. Naveen Kumar for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing them with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 1st January 2021 at 09:42.
TusharK is offline   (35) Thanks
Old 1st January 2021, 10:29   #118
Distinguished - BHPian

Production-Spec 2021 Mahindra Scorpio :

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-2021mahindrascorpiospiedforthefirsttimee1609452313593.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-2021mahindrascorpioe1609452302636.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 1st January 2021 at 10:30.
volkman10 is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 1st January 2021, 11:04   #119
Distinguished - BHPian

God damn! Mouth watering products such as this are in the offing in 2021....eye watering prices likely to follow as well.

Anyway, I wish the spy pics would capture the 3rd row. After the Xylo's exit, what we lack is a car with a truly accommodating 3rd row. Besides, since Mahindra had dropped the side-facing seats from the new Thar permanently for GNCAP compliance, I wonder if the Scorpio will also lose those side-facing seats of yore.
locusjag is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 1st January 2021, 13:42   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

This product is likely to be a smash hit, if Mahindra can price it well. Body on Frame 4WD 7-seated SUVs will always have a niche, given their ability to go anywhere, spaciousness and robust long-lasting nature. Currently all the safe and modern cars in this category are all in the 30 lakh plus price point. With even the top end Innova now breaching the 30 lakh mark, if the top end Scorpio can be priced at around 20 lakh on-road, it will have a robust and healthy demand pattern.
84.monsoon is offline   (6) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks