Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2021, 09:30   #121
BHPian

re: Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N

Why is mahindra taking so long to launch next gen scorpio and xuv500? When can we expect them? Hope that after taking so much time, the vehicles are niggle free.
DonHyd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2021, 11:19   #122
BHPian

Mahindra needs to come with all guns blazing. It will be a instant hit if launch scorpio & xuv500 with both MT & AT. They need to make their models cannibalise one another else it will be the competition that ll benefit. The XUV500 looks promising and i really hope they sort the ride quality & launch a car free from niggles.
DieselWanderer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2021, 15:18   #123
BHPian

I can already see this being the perfect baddie car in all next Bollywood productions.

Nonetheless, a promising effort by Mahindra. Seems butch without being overdone. If they can price it well, I am sure this will be lapped up by our SUV hungry market, especially in the rural hinterlands. If the Thar is anything to go by, even though this has a more rugged design brief than the XUV, they will show some significant improvements in the interior design, materials and space, which would also make it more palatable to urban buyers.

Also, I don't know if it's just me, but I see a lot of the LC Prado in the way the front fascia and the haunches are styled, and I mean that as a good thing!
Batfreak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2021, 17:03   #124
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batfreak View Post
[i]

Also, I don't know if it's just me, but I see a lot of the LC Prado in the way the front fascia and the haunches are styled, and I mean that as a good thing!
You are not alone.
Infact, me and my buddy while chatting refer to the next gen Scorpio as mini Prado everytime a new scoop pic comes out.

Felt it the first time seeing this pic in the link below on page 7.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4814648

It maybe the camouflage, but the rear kinda looks wierd.
The tailgate looks too tall and the bumper thin and placed low. Almost like a van. Practical IRL maybe.
Though am sure in the production version with the numberplate, numberplate garnish, badging and all it would look filled up.
Though have to say. With a tailgate mounted spare it would look like a spitting image of the Prado

A breath of fresh air in a sea of monocoque crossovers.
DicKy is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2021, 20:02   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batfreak View Post
Even the rear looks heavily inspired by the Prado -
Attached Thumbnails
Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-2021mahindrascorpioe1609452302636.jpg  

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-2018toyotapradohandlingrear.jpg  

ST172 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2021, 21:23   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselWanderer View Post
Mahindra needs to come with all guns blazing. It will be a instant hit if launch scorpio & xuv500 with both MT & AT. They need to make their models cannibalise one another else it will be the competition that ll benefit. The XUV500 looks promising and i really hope they sort the ride quality & launch a car free from niggles.
Yes. They need to take a leaf out of Koreans' book. Not only Mahindra do not launch automatic from the start, they also go back and forth on it. Scorpio in 2009 had it then it was pulled out. Given again then removed again. Again in 2016 given, only to be removed again in 2017. Same with XUV500.

BTW, new Scorpio does indeed look Prado-ish, as many have opined. That's a mighty thing for Scorpio. I just hope they also throw in a pano-roof, a must these days in jumbo SUVs.
pgsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2021, 10:55   #127
Senior - BHPian

The previous-gen Scorpio had its automatic introduced and discontinued too many times for anyone to take it seriously. I think this time they will not repeat their mistakes. They have all the combinations ready and launched the Thar in 4 combinations in one event. If this same drive train in different tunes is going to be used in three vehicles - Thar, Scorpio and XUV500, that will give a lot of confidence to the buyers. That would mean Mahindra has invested at least the next 10 years in this power train combination and customers can put their money without worrying about M&M abandoning the drive trains like what happened in the case of previous Scorpio.
padmrajravi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 13:36   #128
Senior - BHPian

One thing that I find bad with XUV is the ground clearance, and I think it will continue the same. Hope for Scorpio, the ground clearance remains higher.

If you look at Fortuner, thats one of thingg I like about it. There is no point building SUV like vehicles that have GC similar to some cars.
srishiva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 13:52   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Scoop! Production-spec next-gen Mahindra Scorpio spied
Would the new gen be longer than the existing one or the camo is kind of tricking your eyes.

I don't know if it is only for me, do any of you feel the vehicle is shorter than the current gen?
diwakarmuthu is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 08:21   #130
Distinguished - BHPian

The New Scorpio shows its C-Shaped LED DRLs, spied on test:

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-scorpio202111068x707.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 11:54   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
The New Scorpio shows its C-Shaped LED DRLs, spied on test:

Attachment 2102844
From this angle, the car looks awesome. We currently own a 2013 Scorpio and from all the photos and spyshots, this might be a worthy replacement! Can't wait for the car to be launched.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 8th January 2021 at 17:18. Reason: Fixed broken quote tag.
scorpio2107 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 13:05   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
One thing that I find bad with XUV is the ground clearance, and I think it will continue the same. Hope for Scorpio, the ground clearance remains higher.

If you look at Fortuner, thats one of thingg I like about it. There is no point building SUV like vehicles that have GC similar to some cars.
OT. However couldn't help but to post the query.

Could you please elaborate on the bad GC for XUV (I assume you are referring to XUV500)? any personal experiences?
Old 5th January 2021, 14:25   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post
OT. However couldn't help but to post the query.

Could you please elaborate on the bad GC for XUV (I assume you are referring to XUV500)? any personal experiences?

Current XUV's ground clearance is low by SUV standards. It is because of the plastic engine guard that sits at 160mm. Check the front portion of the XUVs you see on road. Most of them will have this part broken or about to break. Read the posts in the below link for more info.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post3061436 (Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review)

Apparently GC is calculated based on lowest metal point. So this plastic cover does not get counted in GC calculation and rated GC becomes 200mm. But in reality you only have 160mm , which is close to most sedan's and hatchbacks.

Last edited by padmrajravi : 5th January 2021 at 14:27.
padmrajravi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 13:29   #134
Senior - BHPian

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio's headlights and tail lights

More images of the production-spec Mahindra Scorpio have surfaced online, revealing more of the car's headlights and tail lights.

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-scorpio-1.jpg

The SUV gets twin-pod headlamps and C-shaped LED DRLs on the bumper. At the rear, it appears to get vertical tail lamps, with the brake light extending up the D-Pillar. The Scorpio also comes with a side-hinged tailgate, ORVMs with integrated turn-indicators, roof rails, side steps, multi-spoke alloy wheels, and a typical Mahindra grille with vertical slats.

The new Scorpio (codenamed: Z101) is expected to be based on a ladder frame chassis. It could be offered with a 2.0-litre diesel engine producing 158 BHP, paired with either a 6-speed manual or an automatic transmission. The SUV is expected to be launched around mid-2021.

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-scorpio-2.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-scorpio-3.jpg

Source: Gaadiwaadi

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by ChiragM : 7th January 2021 at 13:30.
ChiragM is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 13:47   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiragM View Post
Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio's headlights and tail lights
Seems like all-LEDs both front and back. Will seemingly retain the signature long tail-lamps of the Scorpio. However, the rear-overhang seems a bit too bulky for my liking, or is it the camouflage?
akash_v12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks