Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2022, 19:25   #1456
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N

Scorpio-N caught in black shade inside factory premises, seemingly ready for dispatch.

Also, a peek at the instrument cluster of top & base variants.

Courtesy - Her Garage on YouTube

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-8.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-7.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-4.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-2.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-5.jpg

Last edited by Turbanator : 25th June 2022 at 07:26. Reason: Removed duplicate pictures
RavenAvi is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 24th June 2022, 19:34   #1457
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Scorpio N Variants leaked

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarunjain View Post
CarDekho has published leak of Scorpio N variant lineup:

https://www.cardekho.com/india-car-n...io-n-29276.htm

Summary:
4x4 is an option from the second base variant upwards??!!

Z2,Z4,Z6,Z8?

What happened to the RLS variant shown in the leaked user manual?
Old 24th June 2022, 19:45   #1458
BHPian

Re: Scorpio N Variants leaked

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
4x4 is an option from the second base variant upwards??!!
If this turns out to be correct, pretty awesome. A lot of people who need a bigger 4x4 than Thar, but still at that 15L (+/-) ex-showroom budget, will finally have an option! At the same time, it seems to have been ensured that Thar doesn't get cannibalized in a big manner. Lower variants of Automatic Scorpio N don't have 4x4. Also if you want Petrol 4x4, Thar will still be the only option.

Last edited by tarunjain : 24th June 2022 at 19:52.
tarunjain is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th June 2022, 21:33   #1459
BHPian

I checked with a local dealer in Chennai. When I spoke to the SA, they wanted a cheque for ₹21000 along with my Aadhar/PAN card to get the initial booking going on. They will not deposit the cheque till the customer sees, drives and confirms.

Looking for a top end 4x4 version. M&M has mastered the art of keeping the excitement ticking.
Old 24th June 2022, 21:57   #1460
BHPian

Seems like combination of 4x4 and automatic will be available only with Diesel Z8 and Z8L models. But what could be the difference between both variants?
Old 24th June 2022, 22:05   #1461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harshavarthan View Post
Seems like combination of 4x4 and automatic will be available only with Diesel Z8 and Z8L models. But what could be the difference between both variants?
Said to be similar to the Luxury pack in XUV 700. Some additional features. Feature distribution across variants isn’t out there yet.
Old 24th June 2022, 22:42   #1462

Re: Scorpio N to be launched at 5.30pm on 27th June

Quote:
Scorpio N to be launched at 5.30pm on 27th June

From official Mahindra website:
https://auto.mahindra.com/suv/scorpio-n

Attachment 2324509
Ya I just noticed this on their official website.
Dealer at Amritsar he told me yesterday that demo car will be available at 9:30 am on 27th June. Now with this time (5:30. pm) I am sure plans have changed. Will call them tomorrow again and confirm. By the way, Amritsar dealer isn't taking any pre-bookings
Old 24th June 2022, 23:10   #1463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTO View Post
Also, Scorpio N will be available in the showrooms on 27th of June.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitonwheels View Post
Dealer at Amritsar he told me yesterday that demo car will be available at 9:30 am on 27th June. Now with this time (5:30. pm) I am sure plans have changed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
My SA used to say the launch was on June 27th, stopping just short of inviting me. And he was affirmative on the vehicle being on display at the showroom on 27th itself.

But, today he informed that the All India(?) launch was on the 27th, and that he would let me know on Sunday whether the vehicle would be available at the showroom or not.

Folks, there is no way the new Scorpio N can be available for test drives (or even on display) from 27th June. Please refer to the quote below from GTO on another thread. The media drives are scheduled for early next week and their reviews will go live on morning of 30th June. The vehicles can't be publicly out there (even in dealer stockyards) before this. Otherwise what's the point of offering exclusive access to select auto journalists?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
We're driving it next week & embargoes for the first drive end on 30th June @ 10 AM.
tarunjain is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th June 2022, 00:03   #1464
Senior - BHPian

Heard that the Scorpio-N's launch has been changed to 01 July.

Wasn't mentioning earlier as it seemed incorrect info, but reading the posts above, now wonder if it might be true. It fits in fairly with the media embargo being lifted on the 30th, which would encourage the buzz on the 1st.

There was also a mention of the customers first getting to see the vehicles and the booking coming up later. It is not through any channel I can be sure of, and things were vague, so please interpret the above accordingly.

Further, if true, it just might be an indicator of the ScorpioN not being priced as low as many guess; that Mahindra wants people to get a feel of the car for better acceptance of a higher price. On the other hand, it could yet again be a means to first buld up an expectation of a higher price, followed by the joy and mad-rush by a lower-than-expected price.
Poitive is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th June 2022, 00:56   #1465
BHPian

Re: Scorpio N to be launched at 5.30pm on 27th June

Quote:
Scorpio N to be launched at 5.30pm on 27th June
Wow, that's great news However what makes me wonder is the cringy advertisement catchphrase! In all honesty, if the Scorpio N is the big daddy of SUV's what will the world call the Fortuner's, the Endeavour's the Gloster's All the more power to Mahindra for a wonderful product but the advertisement catchphrase sums up the psyche of most people who use a SUV as a weapon on the roads.

Makes one recollect the advertisement ford had for the endeavour where they actually spread a different message on media channels whereby Ford in crux conveyed bigger your car more your responsibilities.

Last edited by Turbanator : 25th June 2022 at 07:28. Reason: Spellings and extra smileys. Please proofread before posting.
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th June 2022, 09:07   #1466
BHPian

Seems Mahindra is trying to avoid the booking issues faced during XUV7OO launch. Although unofficial, my dealer has taken my Adhaar and PAN card to punch in booking once they get the system access from Mahindra. Additionally, I will get a call from Mahindra central team to confirm my booking once punched by dealer (he still does not want me to pay booking amount though).

A Golden/Yellow seems to be confirmed as per him.
Jaisalmeriya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2022, 09:14   #1467
Senior - BHPian

New Mahindra Scorpio-N variants details have been revealed via type approval certificates.

- Total 37 variants including Petrol (MT, AT) and Diesel (MT, AT)