Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2022, 11:30   #1276
Senior - BHPian

Re: Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashwat.75 View Post
.. don't think the Safari Storme was a "Hardcore" 4x4. .... pleasure and comfort - something that carries on to the current gen Safari as well
OT - The Storme was as hardcore a 4x4 as we could get in our market with its tough ladder frame chassis, RWD, 4X4 with low range transfer case and LSD, the added bonus being great ride comfort levels too. The current gen Safari is excellent no doubt but lacks that 4x4 capability (The branding has gone down from "make your own road" to "only go on road")

Last edited by for_cars1 : 14th June 2022 at 11:36.
for_cars1 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 11:44   #1277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
The more I see this one, the more it reminds me of the other body on frame 'by Mahindra' - the Alturas G4.
Spot on! This is precisely what I stated (Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N) the day first looks were revealed by Mahindra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
New Mahindra Scorpio-N interiors officially revealed in new teaser.
While I love the "Captivating Interiors. Enhanced Comfort and Safety." bits, "Advanced Technology" gives me the jitters! Sincerely hope that Mahindra retains it as a simple, go-anywhere machine as opposed to overloading it to the brim with tech Just look at the no. of electronics-related niggles on the XUV7OO thread.
cool_dube is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 12:20   #1278
BHPian

Definitely success 4K+/Month, I think after TATA, M&M will give start giving tough time to Hyundai

This is called a proper generation upgrade which was completely off in XUV7OO (not very different from 5OO in terms of look/presence)

Simple design not flashy, front has a road solid presence, which XUV700 lagged when compared to TATA twins (Harrier + Safari). This will attract both urban and rural audience (traditional forte of old scorpio), even take share of XUV700.

Unlike previous scorpio, I feel the pricing will be at-par with XUV (given the dimension and the interiors)
Old 14th June 2022, 12:22   #1279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post
Eyes closed - Scorpio-N is a hit. Tata’s twins’ fate hangs by a thread. They were first given a blow with XUV7OO and this blow from N will mostly hit Tata at its very base.

Features, looks, quality, engine configurations, strong SUV DNA from Mahindra is screaming in those undisguised pics. Tata, look out
Harrier is in different league altogether. It's a proper SUV with only 5 seats & not 7 seats like XUV700 or Scorpio-N. Lot of people don't like 7 seater car and they will prefer Harrier for sure. Also Harrier looks better to many people like me over XUV700 or Scorpio being proper SUV shape. Availability is another issue which Mahindra needs to sort it out first. I am not sure if they are capable of delivering 3-4K per month for new Scorpio-N. Not all people can wait 1-2 years for their dream car.
aniketi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 12:52   #1280
BHPian

So many resemblances, however no one is pointing out the resemblance to the tail light. Cover the badge and it looks ditto like the Volvo XC40.
Old 14th June 2022, 13:20   #1281
BHPian

Do they have the electric seat adjustments ?
Also, the 3rd row doesnt have AC vents ?
Old 14th June 2022, 13:25   #1282
Senior - BHPian

What exactly is the product differentiator of the Scorpio versus the XUV700? Both of them look to be seven seaters and I don't think the price points will be that far apart either.

So does it boil down simply to a matter of body design?

Drive on,
Shibu.
Old 14th June 2022, 13:41   #1283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Seems clear from the interior photos that the Scorpio N will be offered in at least 2 seating configurations:
  • 2+3+2 - with a bench seat in the second row that splits 60:40
  • 2+2+2 seating with captain seats in the middle row.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macbeth View Post
Will the new Scorpio have 2+3+2 seating configuration? I recollect reading in this thread that setting config options are 2+2+3 OR 2+2+2

If it's the later then literally becomes a 4 seater for long trips with family considering there's hardly any boot space.
One of the most recent interior images does show a bench seat in the middle row...so guaranteed 2+3+X and 2+2+X. Not sure if the last row is a 2 seater or 3 seater to be honest. One of the earlier images the showed the boot space of the camouflaged vehicle showed a full length bench in the 3rd row with no 50:50 split.

I am so glad that this does not come with fancy electronics and ADAS which i think is way too unreliable for Indian roads. XUV700 thread has got its own list of electronics issues, not unlike Safari. Just that Mahindra may be better at handling and sorting such issues and dealing with customers.

Anyway, super excited for the 27th.
akannath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 13:54   #1284
BHPian

By looking at the interiors, it seems like the pricing is going to be much higher than XUV 700 (for the entry level models) and for the top end models (with 4X4) it is going to be much much higher than XUV 700 top end, is what I believe .. (Because it will have differential locks and automatic torque distribution as well ). Having said that, with the feature on offer, it will be placed with a good VFM proposition. My whole point is that we should not compare it with the existing Scorpio pricing.
Old 14th June 2022, 14:15   #1285

Scorpio-N looks a sure winner if Mahindra sorts the following things over the previous iteration.
Ride and Handling balance as a package.
Unpredictable braking manners.
Body roll control and cornering ability.
Crash rating.
Better ergonomics, seating, effective space utilization.
Improvements over XUV700
Unusually fast brake pad wear. Seen in quite a few examples with brake dust smearing the alloys.
Suspension issues with FSD setup and continuous suspension noise in the cabin. Similar to worn out or loose jumping rod noise in other cars.
Issues with Electronics.
Aircon vents placement for 2nd and 3rd row and effectiveness.
Delivery timelines.

Eagerly waiting for the 27th.
Shitij Pasricha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 15:02   #1286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revv_maniac View Post
Do they have the electric seat adjustments ?
Also, the 3rd row doesnt have AC vents ?
As per the scoops and the recent scanned copies of the user manual we saw, there are no 3rd row AC vents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
What exactly is the product differentiator of the Scorpio versus the XUV700? Both of them look to be seven seaters and I don't think the price points will be that far apart either.

So does it boil down simply to a matter of body design?
XUV700 is a monocoque chassis, front wheel driven car. An electrical All-wheel-drive option is given here on the AX7 variant.
Scorpio is a Ladder Frame SUV and it drives on the rear wheels. There is a mechanical 4X4 option here.
Old 14th June 2022, 16:00   #1287
BHPian

I guess if Mahindra jumped the price of 30L OTR for any of its SUV, then many will move to fortuner cause of its reliability and better resale. So Mahindra has to be very cautious in pricing Scorpio N.
Old 14th June 2022, 16:55   #1288
Senior - BHPian

I believe it is absolutely alright for companies to pick and drop features (Call it ‘inspiration’) from higher segments (common man’s Kaccha Badam). I understand it has to be unique. But, as consumers we need to be considerate when home grown companies like Mahindra are pushing their boundaries to make cars that stands class(es) apart and making a statement for themselves

Trust me, I wasn’t a fan of Tata or Mahindra. But, post 2017 with the launch of Nexon, Tata proved their mettle. Mahindra are just hitting home runs after home runs with their Thar & 7OO launch. Scorpio-N has got me tied onto it. If future has something written for me, I sincerely wish either the 7OO or the N should be in it!
gururajrv is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 17:00   #1289
BHPian

Rear Look, quite simple. Doesn't look good in white, maybe others color bring out design better.
Bluebird_7 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 17:27   #1290
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
By looking at the interiors, it seems like the pricing is going to be much higher than XUV 700 (for the entry level models) and for the top end models (with 4X4) it is going to be much much higher than XUV 700 top end, is what I believe .. (Because it will have differential locks and automatic torque distribution as well ). Having said that, with the feature on offer, it will be placed with a good VFM proposition. My whole point is that we should not compare it with the existing Scorpio pricing.
XUV700 is clearly the more premium vehicle in terms of pricing placement than the Scorpio N. Just take a look at the massive integrated digital instrument cluster, ADAS features, pano sunroof etc. and this is clear as day. The Scorpio N has the same basic analog instrument cluster and 8 inch infotainment system from the XUV 700 MX base variant, which was launched for 11.99 lakhs.

The Scorpio N can easily be positioned well below the XUV 700, as the off-road gear is not all that expensive and not subject to the levels of part shortage affecting the electronics. For instance, the top end Thar with every one of these off-road features, such as part time 4WD, low range gearing, MLD, BLD etc. was launched at just 13.75 lacs by the end of 2020.

My guess is M&M will start off the Scorpio N range at a shock introductory price of 10.99 for the base 2WD Petrol Manual (just as they did for the XUV700 MX Petrol at launch), offer a base Diesel Manual at 11.99, a mid-range Diesel Auto 2WD around 14.99 and a top end Diesel Auto with 4WD at 17.99 to max out the range. They will then rapidly increase prices as time goes by.
84.monsoon is online now   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks