Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2022, 18:00   #1291
BHPian

Re: Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
My guess is M&M will start off the Scorpio N range at a shock introductory price of 10.99 for the base 2WD Petrol Manual (just as they did for the XUV700 MX Petrol at launch), offer a base Diesel Manual at 11.99, a mid-range Diesel Auto 2WD around 14.99 and a top end Diesel Auto with 4WD at 17.99 to max out the range. They will then rapidly increase prices as time goes by.
I am super excited and eagerly waiting for 27th June. If your guess is right, I will happily cancel my Carens 1.4L Turbo petrol DCT booking which is priced at Rs. 17.49L ex.sh. There is also the fear of DCT and fuel-pump failures.
I understand that Carens and Scorpio-N are different type of vehicles, but hey after all they both are 7 seater cars and probably in same price range.
Knightrider is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 18:49   #1292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Scorpio-N spotted completely undisguised from an undisclosed location.

Attachment 2320313

Where is the badging in the rear? I don't see it in the leaked video or this photo. The rear looks like it is too plain without any decoration of sorts.
Old 14th June 2022, 18:51   #1293
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Scorpio-N spotted completely undisguised from an undisclosed location...

The design and proportions seem to be nearly identical to the fourth generation (Gen 4) Jeep Grand Cherokee - and look nice! This should be a hit - in both domestic and export markets.
Old 14th June 2022, 19:05   #1294
srh
BHPian

Pricing for the Scorpio N may be geared towards attracting two segments:
1. Entry level bare bones for commercial usage (construction, rural dwellers, government departments, police forces etc.). Most likely will undercut the XUV7OO base variant by decent margin
2. Fully loaded 2 WD variant targeting the Innova customers & urban travel operators. Most likely will be priced competitively to tempt the Innova buyers.

So may be the top end fully loaded 4WD may end up being priced alongside the XUV7OO. The 4WD mechanicals traded for the electronics.
srh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 20:10   #1295
Distinguished - BHPian

Another birdie shares some more info:-

- The Scorpio-N is equipped with both MLD (Mechanical Locking Differential) & BLD (Brake Locking Differential). Manually lockable? Confirmation awaited.
- Shift on the fly available between H & L transfer cases. Driver-centered.
- Latest-gen ESP Suite is provided with all features as the 7OO - traction control, vehicle dynamics control, hill descent control, roll-over mitigation, hill hold control, secondary collision mitigation, brake disc wiping, torque vectoring by braking and electronic brake prefill.
- Engine outputs confirmed - 175PS/370Nm for manuals, 175PS/400Nm for automatics.
- All top variants to come with 18-inch dual tone diamond cut alloys.
- Second-top variants to be shod with 17-inch dual tone alloys.
- AdrenoX infotainment unit has same functions as the 7OO's. Only difference is display size - 8 inches vs 10.25 inches.
- Sony system has 3D sound option. Same as 7OO.
- 12-speaker sound system is equipped with 4 woofers.
- The separate AC system for the 2nd row is equipped with default temperature range between 16-18 degrees only. Temperature adjustment for the 2nd row AC is absent.
- 2nd row layout was in separate captain seats.
- Last row seats folded in 50:50 ratio in the 4WD AT demo car. Which means this was a 6-seater.
- 6 colours confirmed - White, Silver, Black, Red, Green (Deep Forest) & Gold. Confirmation of the all-new Blue colour shade awaited.
- They were told that final production cars might see some last-minute changes before official launch, and to be prepared accordingly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
So it looks like there will be a diesel automatic 4x4 variant, in what seems to be a top variant.
That's the variant they are using in the boot camps - 4WD AT diesel 6-seater.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revv_maniac View Post
Do they have the electric seat adjustments ?
Also, the 3rd row doesnt have AC vents ?
No electric seat adjustments for the driver seat.

No AC vents in the 3rd row. That's why the separate AC provided in the 2nd row is set to 18 degrees by default, I am guessing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohaak View Post
Where is the badging in the rear? I don't see it in the leaked video or this photo. The rear looks like it is too plain without any decoration of sorts.
Full mass production of the Scorpio-N is yet to commence. These are most probably close-to-final finished products which have been selected for boot camps. Badging might commence when the full-scale commercial production of the Scorpio-N starts.

Which means, the June 27th event will most probably be a reveal-only event, followed by opening of official bookings. Pricing might be declared later.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 14th June 2022 at 20:22. Reason: added reply.
RavenAvi is offline   (55) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 20:25   #1296
BHPian

Looks exciting. Wondering will it be the right replacement for Tata Hexa XTA. Also, any info on the steering? Hydraulic or electrical?
Old 14th June 2022, 22:22   #1297
BHPian

Personally I think the Scorpio's interiors are better than XUV700's!!

Amazing how many elements they have picked up from the Alturas.
Locomotive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 22:40   #1298
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Which means, the June 27th event will most probably be a reveal-only event, followed by opening of official bookings. Pricing might be declared later.
Assuming that the 27th June date is for unveiling and taking into consideration the XUVs' unveil, price, and launch timeline, what could be the launch date/month for Scorpio N?
Old 14th June 2022, 22:47   #1299
BHPian

The Scorpio is finally becoming more urban, svelte and composed. Back when it was launched, it stood for something different and with the new design language is becoming more urban like. Many people did not think of buying a Scorpio for many different reasons. Not refined, non-urban chic looks, lack of equipment, sort of rustic hard handling feeling and finally the image it carried when someone got down from it.
From the new looks, rendering and the equipment seen in the reveal it seems to have made up its mind to also make into the homes of people who would see it not stand out, say in a apartment parking lot next to a City, a Vento or a Jeep. Different, yet not standing out.
Pricing and delivery will be key. Sales and service are still whatever Mahindra is and wants to become. It's no different from competition in the segments it competes in. There is certainly a void that the safari left when it became too urban and a city dweller.
man_and_machine is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 00:38   #1300
BHPian

I don't want Mahindra to price it so low that every other SUV on the road becomes a Scorpio. 12 to 20 lakh is a good spread and Mahindra should be aiming for that.
Indepth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 04:45   #1301
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Another birdie shares some more info:-

- The Scorpio-N is equipped with both MLD (Mechanical Locking Differential) & BLD (Brake Locking Differential). Manually lockable? Confirmation awaited.
This news about MLD and BLD is good to hear. For me, this appears like it is a confirmation that the Scorpios' 4X4 system is essentially the same as the new Thar's. If this is truly the case, the MLD would not be manually lockable. In the Thar, the MLD gets automatically activated when the system detects wheel spin over a certain RPM in one of the rear wheels, while the other is stuck. It then transfers power automatically to the stuck wheel without any driver intervention. There is no manual rear differential lock button.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
Assuming that the 27th June date is for unveiling and taking into consideration the XUVs' unveil, price, and launch timeline, what could be the launch date/month for Scorpio N?
M&M have a penchant for launching vehicles on "Nationalist" type days. The new Thar was revealed on August 15 2020 and launched on October 2nd, 2020. They launched XUV700 around October 2nd, 2021. My guess therefore is the actual launch and price unviel for the ScorpioN will be on August 15, 2022. The June 27 event may just be a full reveal of the vehicle and variant line up.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 15th June 2022 at 04:54.
84.monsoon is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 08:45   #1302
BHPian

Quote:
- They were told that final production cars might see some last-minute changes before official launch, and to be prepared accordingly.
Would you be able to confirm if ventilated seats are available? Thanks
KNL_Bandi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 08:59   #1303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
M&M have a penchant for launching vehicles on "Nationalist" type days. The new Thar was revealed on August 15 2020 and launched on October 2nd, 2020. They launched XUV700 around October 2nd, 2021. My guess therefore is the actual launch and price unveil for the Scorpio-N will be on August 15, 2022. The June 27 event may just be a full reveal of the vehicle and variant line up.
True, judging by the launches in the last two years and the national holidays, Mahindra may follow this approach

1. Reveal the Born Electric Vehicle range on 15th of August 2022 (already confirmed)

2. Reveal prices of the Scorpio-N on the 15th of August 2022

3. Mahindra Founders Day/ Gandhi Jayanthi 2nd October 2022 start deliveries of the Scorpio-N and also unveil the upcoming XUV400 EV

5. 26th January 2023, which is Republic Day launch the XUV400 EV

Post the Scorpio-N I don't think Mahindra have blockbuster launch in lines of the 7OO and Thar, atleast for 2 years maybe for the next gen XUV5OO or XUV9OO or the Thar 5 Door dubbed as the new Armada
Cliff9091 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 09:06   #1304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrider View Post
I am super excited and eagerly waiting for 27th June. If your guess is right, I will happily cancel my Carens 1.4L Turbo petrol DCT booking which is priced at Rs. 17.49L ex.sh. There is also the fear of DCT and fuel-pump failures.
I understand that Carens and Scorpio-N are different type of vehicles, but hey after all they both are 7 seater cars and probably in same price range.
Also the Carens which is nothing but a 7 seater seltos, which failed miserably in the NCAP crash tests, better to go ahead with the scorpio-n which shares its platform with the New Thar which was 4 Star rated product both for adult and child occupants and do expect the Scorpio-N too fare better than the thar

Moreover the 2.2 mHawk is a tried and tested engine owners have driven 250k kilometres without any hiccups, my personal scorpio is a 2.2 currently at odd 150k.

Also sir my neighbor upgraded from a xylo to a carens and he wishes he waited for the Scorpio-n after seeing the pictures both exterior and interior
Cliff9091 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 09:52   #1305
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_and_machine View Post
The Scorpio is finally becoming more urban, svelte and composed. Back when it was launched, it stood for something different and with the new design language is becoming more urban like.
It's quite the opposite - 20 years is a long time.

Scorpio was offered to the urban buyers - including brand new 'Scorpio' showrooms - as an alternative to cars. It was not sold as an adventure vehicle or a family hauler. The vehicle was a runaway hit in cities, even popular with women.

If you have noticed , they did not allow Scorpio to get 'dirty' in their ads until their urban crossover XUV established itself in the market.
Kosfactor is offline   (13) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed