Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2022, 21:54   #1321
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N

Quote:
Originally Posted by revv_maniac View Post
Do they have the electric seat adjustments ?
Also, the 3rd row doesnt have AC vents ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
No electric seat adjustments for the driver seat.
I stand corrected - electric seat adjustments are present for the driver's seat.

No memory function given though. This feature stays exclusive to the 7OO.

Also, the top variant will be available in both 6-seater and 7-seater options - in 2+3+2 and 2+2+2 seating layouts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNL_Bandi View Post
Would you be able to confirm if ventilated seats are available?
No ventilated seats. I had answered this earlier too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitinDev View Post
any info on the steering? Hydraulic or electrical?
Semi-hydraulic is what they were told. They couldn't drive the car themselves so couldn't get an actual feel of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
Assuming that the 27th June date is for unveiling and taking into consideration the XUVs' unveil, price, and launch timeline, what could be the launch date/month for Scorpio N?
My guess would be 15th August for pricing and 2nd October for commencement of deliveries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
If this is truly the case, the MLD would not be manually lockable. In the Thar, the MLD gets automatically activated when the system detects wheel spin over a certain RPM in one of the rear wheels, while the other is stuck. It then transfers power automatically to the stuck wheel without any driver intervention. There is no manual rear differential lock button.
Correct - there is no manual rear differential lock given. Confirmed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Mahindra has said that they'll continue to sell the current Scorpio as Scorpio Classic but I think they haven't said which all variants would be on sale. I feel that the S3 and S5 only may be sold and not the higher variants.
Rumours in the boot camp were that the Classic will soldier on in the lower 3 variants, with the topmost Classic variant getting alloys, touchscreen HU and some other goodies.

The Scorpio-N would take over from the upper 3 variants of the present Scorpio variant lineup, and go beyond from there. The topmost 4WD AT variant of the Scorpio-N is expected to round off at around 22.5-23 lakhs ex-showroom (introductory).
RavenAvi is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 22:12   #1322
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
Somehow, the new butterfly logo of Mahindra doesn't look palatable anymore.

The original Mahindra logo looks great, for Eg: on the new Thar. Wish they return to the original classy Mahindra logo.
Must disagree. It’s outdated and associated with commercial vehicles. For the fans, yeah it would be weird to not be looking at the old logo they grew used to but if they want to break into new customer bases, a logo change was a must. I personally love the new logo and most people I have talked to (who haven’t owned a Mahindra before) find the change to be a huge positive.
Cresterk is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 16th June 2022, 10:05   #1323

An aftermarket grill similar to that of old Scorpio will make this vehicle more subtle and classy.
Stardust is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2022, 11:40   #1324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
if they want to break into new customer bases, a logo change was a must.
Really? A logo change is that significant to break into new customer bases?

Apart from fan bases, does anyone really care about the logo when making a purchase decision.

I guess the XUV700 orders must have been the same even with the old logo.
balenoed_ is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th June 2022, 11:46   #1325
BHPian

Was the 7OO launched without ventilated seats and they were later introduced after public demand ? Same thing happened with their AX7-L variant which was having AWD optional without the luxury pack but then it was later clubbed as well…may be M&M brings the ventilated seats option for N after looking at initial response from prospective users…

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post

Apart from fan bases, does anyone really care about the logo when making a purchase decision.

Why did Maruti change theirs from M to S ? Was more acceptance not a reason for it ? No doubt the butterfly logo looks more upmarket than the old one…

Last edited by Sheel : 16th June 2022 at 16:52. Reason: Please don’t invite an infraction by continuously posting back to back. Please edit or multi-quote (QUOTE+). Thanks.
Old 16th June 2022, 12:14   #1326
BHPian

Quote:
Really? A logo change is that significant to break into new customer bases?.
It sure is! Brands actually pay millions for a logo refresh, which is backed by extensive market research. A new logo is a akin to a rebrand, Mahindra is re-branding itself into an upmarket brand and the XUV700 is a perfect example of that premium-ness. The new logo will change how customers perceive Mahindra products.
Tanmay007 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th June 2022, 12:17   #1327
BHPian

Please can someone clarify the technology that the automatic transmission on the Mahindra Scorpio Mahindra is expected to use? What has the experience of Automatics on Mahindra vehicles been? I know for sure that the automatic on the TUV 300 was fraught with problems?

Is it safe to be considering the automatic version of the Scorpio?
Old 16th June 2022, 12:26   #1328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulya007 View Post
Was the 7OO launched without ventilated seats and they were later introduced after public demand ? Same thing happened with their AX7-L variant which was having AWD optional without the luxury pack but then it was later clubbed as well…may be M&M brings the ventilated seats option for N after looking at initial response from prospective users…
AFAIK, XUV 7OO never had ventilated seats and still doesn't. It's unlikely on Scorpio N as well. Mahindra doesn't seem to be providing any feature which is additional or superior to XUV 7OO (except the off-roading kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The Scorpio-N would take over from the upper 3 variants of the present Scorpio variant lineup, and go beyond from there. The topmost 4WD AT variant of the Scorpio-N is expected to round off at around 22.5-23 lakhs ex-showroom (introductory).

I will be surprised if the introductory pricing is so high. XUV 7OO's top model (AX7 Luxury, AWD) currently sells at around 24.5L after all the price hikes. Scorpio N's top model, after revision from the introductory price, should still have significant gap compared to the XUV 7OO's top model. At least 3-4L in my opinion. There is quite a big gap in terms of features which can't be justified with just 1-2L of price difference. I am expecting max of 20L as the introductory price and 21L as revised price. To make me rush as soon as the booking opens, it will need to be lower than that (18-19L introductory price for the top model).

As well explained by @84.monsoon in the message quoted below, the features put together by Mahindra for Scorpio N's top model clearly indicate their intent to position and price it significantly below XUV 7OO. To name a few missing ones in Scorpio N:
- ADAS (and adaptive cruise control)
- Panoramic sunroof
- 8'' infotainment screen in place of 10''
- Analog dials vs. Fully digital instrument panel
- Electric Smart door handles
- Memory Seats and Welcome retract
- Electronic park brake (official interior images clearly show a manual park brake)
- Wireless phone charging (?)
- Knee airbag (?)
- Air purifier (?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
XUV700 is clearly the more premium vehicle in terms of pricing placement than the Scorpio N. Just take a look at the massive integrated digital instrument cluster, ADAS features, pano sunroof etc. and this is clear as day. The Scorpio N has the same basic analog instrument cluster and 8 inch infotainment system from the XUV 700 MX base variant, which was launched for 11.99 lakhs.

The Scorpio N can easily be positioned well below the XUV 700, as the off-road gear is not all that expensive and not subject to the levels of part shortage affecting the electronics. For instance, the top end Thar with every one of these off-road features, such as part time 4WD, low range gearing, MLD, BLD etc. was launched at just 13.75 lacs by the end of 2020.

My guess is M&M will start off the Scorpio N range at a shock introductory price of 10.99 for the base 2WD Petrol Manual (just as they did for the XUV700 MX Petrol at launch), offer a base Diesel Manual at 11.99, a mid-range Diesel Auto 2WD around 14.99 and a top end Diesel Auto with 4WD at 17.99 to max out the range. They will then rapidly increase prices as time goes by.
tarunjain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2022, 12:59   #1329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganapathy View Post
Yes. Absolutely. I have been driving automatic thar for more than 10 months now and it is absolute pleasure.

You can go through ownership thread of Thar and XUV700 on this forum.
alokk0912 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2022, 13:52   #1330
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Please can someone clarify the technology that the automatic transmission on the Mahindra Scorpio Mahindra is expected to use? What has the experience of Automatics on Mahindra vehicles been? I know for sure that the automatic on the TUV 300 was fraught with problems?

The automatic transmission used in the Thar, XUV700 and uncoming Scorpio are all torque converters, the most reliable type of automatic. And the transmission they are using is from Aisin, kinda the Toyota of automatic tranmissions. So it is all good.

The TUV300 had an AMT from Ricardo, highly problematic. Even their XUV300 AMT has also below average reliability, eventhough it is sourced from the same supplier that Maruti has, Magneti Marelli.
DicKy is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 16th June 2022, 14:07   #1331
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Logo changes are big deals in the passenger car business. It is a CEO and Board agenda item. VW spent 100s of Millions on its recent Logo change project.

The Logo represents the brand, not only on the car, but in all advertising, sponsorships, social media and accessories, and merchandize like T-Shirts, mugs etc. It is the most powerful way to evoke positive thoughts about the brand in the minds of customers who are exposed to 100s of images in a typical day during their commute, reading a newspaper or watching a movie.

The logo change can also signify how the brand and company are setting themselves up for the future. For instance, VW's new logo signifies the foray into electric cars and was launched in tandem with their first mass market electric car, ID3. It also signified a "digital first" identity shift, as the previous 3D logo was harder than the new 2D logo to depict in digital media. Interesting article on this topic here --> https://www.dezeen.com/2019/09/12/vo...-electric-car/

Although M&Ms new logo is better than the old one, I find it too simplistic. It is hard to read the M into it, maybe a slightly more visually detailed logo would have been better. I think it was a rush job - As soon as Prathap Bose joined, they released the new logo a few weeks afterwards, if I remember correctly. They should have taken their time and launched it after some more market testing with the ScorpioN launch. I am unsure if there was sufficient discussion on the imperatives and subtilties of the logo change in the M&M Boardroom. I have not heard of an M&M logo change story anywhere near as deep or insightful as the story around the VW Logo change (Other than the adage that "twin peaks represent the rising sun, which agrees with Mahindra's RISE slogan" - Note how this logic has no relevance to what the customer expects or wants to sees in their cars, it is what Mahindra wants to see in the car - as the car being an extension of their corporate ethos and identity)

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 16th June 2022 at 14:24.
84.monsoon is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 16th June 2022, 16:15   #1332
BHPian

Re: Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | oNow revealed as Scorpio-N

Quote:

IMO old logo looks dated and this new spiderman eyes shaped logo brings feel of freshness.
Gaddibuddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2022, 17:05   #1333
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
It sure is! Brands actually pay millions for a logo refresh, which is backed by extensive market research. A new logo is a akin to a rebrand, Mahindra is re-branding itself into an upmarket brand and the XUV700 is a perfect example of that premium-ness. The new logo will change how customers perceive Mahindra products.
From what I have observed - M&M puts big prominent logo on its grill only when its not very confident about the product (The opposite was true in the past). Otherwise its a small logo as part of the grill, even their tractors are like that. I think they let the product sell itself for their merit.

Thar does not have a logo, just a smaller Mahindra monogram as seen on old Thar`s cowl area. An S-class does not have a big logo like their cheaper cars

So it probably wont matter as BHPian Balenoed_ said.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2022, 17:29   #1334
BHPian

Quote:
What has the experience of Automatics on Mahindra vehicles been?

I can speak for driving experience in the diesel AT variant of XUV700. It uses a torque converter, and I believe the new Scorpio-N will use the same. Gear shifts are very smooth, there is a bit of initial lag but it’s not as bad as the rubber band effect in CVTs. Gear changes too are at the rpms I’d expect. Overall the automatic transmission is solid and nothing to worry about.
Tanmay007 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th June 2022, 20:12   #1335
BHPian

Quote:
To my understanding they will continue with the FWD 6 Speed Torque Converter, which will be sourced from Aisin, as it has already been in use since 2016.
Kanboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks