Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2022, 20:40   #1336
BHPian

Re: Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanboy View Post
To my understanding they will continue with the FWD 6 Speed Torque Converter, which will be sourced from Aisin, as it has already been in use since 2016.
Scorpio-N is going to be a RWD vehicle. Engine mounting is different in RWD though the gearbox could be Aisin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarunjain View Post
AFAIK, XUV 7OO never had ventilated seats and still doesn't. It's unlikely on Scorpio N as well.
In 2022, M&M is planning an upgrade for XUV700 which is likely to be equipped with auto-dimming IRVM (Inside Rear View Mirror), powered tailgate, and ventilated seats. These should come by end of 2022. similarly they might equip the Scorpio-N with ventilated seats, whether at launch or later needs to be seen.

Mod Note - Please use the multi-quote function.

Last edited by Turbanator : 16th June 2022 at 21:44. Reason: Merged Back to Back posts.
rahulya007 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th June 2022, 21:19   #1337
BHPian

At off-road academy, BLD in action
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ce2bn...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Bluebird_7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2022, 21:20   #1338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulya007 View Post
In 2022, M&M is planning an upgrade for XUV700 which is likely to be equipped with auto-dimming IRVM (Inside Rear View Mirror), powered tailgate, and ventilated seats. These should come by end of 2022. similarly they might equip the Scorpio-N with ventilated seats, whether at launch or later needs to be seen.
I won't indulge in speculation based on a speculation (speculation N - raised to the power of N ) but yes, it will of course be wonderful to have these features on both XUV 700 and the Scorpio N.
tarunjain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2022, 21:36   #1339
BHPian

With all the videos of ScorpioN, its clear that the ScorpioN is equivalent to the 5 Door comfort-creature version of Thar (mechanically).
It would interesting to see the placement of actual 5 door Thar. Maybe at that point in time, the 4x4 variant of ScorpioN would be discontinued.
purohitanuj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2022, 21:59   #1340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by purohitanuj View Post
With all the videos of ScorpioN, its clear that the ScorpioN is equivalent to the 5 Door comfort-creature version of Thar (mechanically).
It would interesting to see the placement of actual 5 door Thar. Maybe at that point in time, the 4x4 variant of ScorpioN would be discontinued.
Too early to start predicting when the Scorpio N will be discontinued, isn't it?
tarunjain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2022, 22:21   #1341
BHPian

Quote:
Too early to start predicting when the Scorpio N will be discontinued, isn't it?
Just about the 4x4 variant. We all know what happened to the Scorpio S4 4WD, S10 AT, S10 AT 4WD.

Last edited by purohitanuj : 16th June 2022 at 22:22.
purohitanuj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th June 2022, 23:00   #1342
BHPian

Quote:
I won't indulge in speculation based on a speculation (speculation N - raised to the power of N ) but yes, it will of course be wonderful to have these features on both XUV 700 and the Scorpio N.
Not speculating brother, read it on a portal, anyways 7OO will complete a year in Sept I guess so its time that M&M adds something more to the feature list to keep the excitement high. Won’t be surprised if Scorpio-N also gets pano sunroof by next year or may be a music system with larger screen area .

Mod Note : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

You are also requested to go through Forum Rules and Posting Etiquettes before making another post which violates any rules.
Please do give special attention to this page.
Thanks.

Last edited by Sheel : 17th June 2022 at 09:23.
Old 16th June 2022, 23:30   #1343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
I stand corrected - electric seat adjustments are present for the driver's seat.
No memory function given though.
In one of the videos, we can see user profile screen with saved setting like dual climate control etc. It would be serious miss to leave electric seat adjustment out of that.
It states:
  • Preferred Audio Source
  • Favorite audio settings
  • "Comfortable Seating"
  • Convenient rear view mirror focus - Looks like position of side rear view mirror will be saved as well. May be the centre rear view mirror is also motorised. Wishful thinking.
  • and much more

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-screenshot-20220616-11.27.57-pm.png

Last edited by purohitanuj : 16th June 2022 at 23:39.
purohitanuj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th June 2022, 23:56   #1344
BHPian

That's a good observation! It will be quite smart if memory profiles for powered driver seat is available via the infotainment system (and not the usual buttons on the driver door). I believe this helps reduce the use of chips as well.

If we look at the symbols at top and bottom of the screen in the image below, looks like following features can be confirmed:
- wireless charging
- alexa voice commands (was anyway obvious probably)
- air purifier

Quote:
In one of the videos, we can see user profile screen with saved setting like dual climate control etc. It would be serious miss to leave electric seat adjustment out of that.
It states:
  • Preferred Audio Source
  • Favorite audio settings
  • "Comfortable Seating"
  • Convenient rear view mirror focus - Looks like position of side rear view mirror will be saved as well. May be the centre rear view mirror is also motorised. Wishful thinking.
  • and much more
Attachment 2321631
Old 17th June 2022, 05:05   #1345
BHPian

Got a call from Mahindra.
While the unveil of the ScorpioN is on 27th, I was told that the media-drives and individual test-drives will start from the very next day.

The executive made sure that he mentioned the "D-Segment" term atleast twice.

He politely declined to comment on the specs from the leaked user-manual and asked me to wait till 27th June 😊
msarunms1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2022, 09:04   #1346
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msarunms1987 View Post

The executive made sure that he mentioned the "D-Segment" term atleast twice.
I can relate to that. In my conversation also in every line the person will add "D segment" as if they have been given a target of calling it maximum number of times
My scepticism to it is on pricing, are they trying to price it comparatively higher and hence drilling this into the minds of prospective buyer that one is getting a D segment vehicle in that price.
Bluebird_7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2022, 10:06   #1347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
What could be the launch date/month for Scorpio N?
Big sales / booking dates are Aug 30 Ganesh Chathurthi (West & South India) and Onam Sep 08 (Kerala). Pipeline should be loaded with Demo / Display vehicles one month in advance. So they better announce the prices by Aug 15th latest.
Ferruccio is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2022, 10:41   #1348
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
[*]"Comfortable Seating"[*]Convenient rear view mirror focus - Looks like position of side rear view mirror will be saved as well.[/list]
That's a cool find. Memory seats is such a useful feature, that I find it annoying when they give electric seat adjustment without it. I mean, we can adjust the seats faster with manual controls, thank you. If you give us motors for the adjustment, better give it memory settings too. Though I do expect some future higher variants to get the full set memory seats with the welcome function, hope they don't go this half way...
Quote:
It will be quite smart if memory profiles for powered driver seat is available via the infotainment system (and not the usual buttons on the driver door). I believe this helps reduce the use of chips as well.
...stuff. The last thing we want is to use the chip shortage situation to remove some physical buttons. Better give it late, than this way.

Quote:
May be the centre rear view mirror is also motorised. Wishful thinking.
Wishful thinking indeed. They are not even giving electrochromatic mirror. About motorised IRVM, is anyone offering them? Have a gut feeling that if anyone, it would be the Americans (Cadillac, Lincoln) who would offer them first. Though have a faint memory of seeing it in some high end car (either American or S class or high end JDM), or maybe am just seeing things.
Old 17th June 2022, 14:33   #1349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msarunms1987 View Post
Got a call from Mahindra.
While the unveil of the ScorpioN is on 27th, I was told that the media-drives and individual test-drives will start from the very next day.
This doesn't sound correct. Media drives can't happen once the cars are already out in the open. There will be hundreds of videos already uploaded on youtube before media gets a chance to even shoot their videos. Media drives happen well before the showrooms start getting the vehicles.
tarunjain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2022, 17:03   #1350
BHPian

Quote:
This doesn't sound correct. Media drives can't happen once the cars are already out in the open. There will be hundreds of videos already uploaded on Youtube before media gets a chance to even shoot their videos.
The post is partially wrong agree. It says media rides happens on 28th next day of unveiling the vehicle digitally online. Like they did with xuv700 launched 15 aug media drives on 16th.

A renowned journalist updated on his Instagram about media invites sent out for 28th june.

The car will be available for public view in showrooms after a while.

Last edited by kushgandhi : 17th June 2022 at 17:04. Reason: Spelling error.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks