Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2022, 18:26   #1351
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N

I had expressed my interest in the vehicle on M&M's ScorpioN website. Today I got a call from my "customer experience executive" informing me about the vehicle unveil on June 27th and that the vehicle will be available at my nearest dealer for me to see and experience the same day. He categorically stated that test drive will be available from the 28 onwards. He also asked how soon I would book the vehicle after launch.
84.monsoon is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2022, 18:31   #1352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
Pricing for the Scorpio N may be geared towards attracting two segments:
1. Entry level bare bones for commercial usage (construction, rural dwellers, government departments, police forces etc.). Most likely will undercut the XUV7OO base variant by decent margin
2. Fully loaded 2 WD variant targeting the Innova customers & urban travel operators. Most likely will be priced competitively to tempt the Innova buyers.

So may be the top end fully loaded 4WD may end up being priced alongside the XUV7OO. The 4WD mechanicals traded for the electronics.
I hope they don't use the same BEHR AC compressor in the New Scorpio N. To Change the same one has to remove the entire panel, access it and change it . Ask any 3rd party AC Coolant vendor in town . Both Xylo , Scorpio have this issue ( including my Scorpio) .

Not sure who is the vendor being used in XUV700 ?
Old 17th June 2022, 21:28   #1353
BHPian

Still fail to understand why they have to stick with the now ancient lap belt for the 2nd row middle passenger for a modern SUV?
aveoman19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2022, 22:09   #1354
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarunjain View Post
This doesn't sound correct. Media drives can't happen once the cars are already out in the open. There will be hundreds of videos already uploaded on Youtube before media gets a chance to even shoot their videos. Media drives happen well before the showrooms start getting the vehicles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kushgandhi View Post
The post is partially wrong agree. It says media rides happens on 28th next day of unveiling the vehicle digitally online...The car will be available for public view in showrooms after a while.
Double checked with my SA and he was affirmative in that the vehicle would be on display on 27th.
Old 17th June 2022, 22:18   #1355
Distinguished - BHPian

The Scorpio-N will be equipped with front and rear cameras only. No ORVM-mounted cameras present, which means no 360-degree view.

Also, have a good, close look at the entire interior:-

RavenAvi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th June 2022, 22:59   #1356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The Scorpio-N will be equipped with front and rear cameras only. No ORVM-mounted cameras present, which means no 360-degree view.
The leaked owner's manual few days ago seemed to indicate the same.

With this, pretty much entire feature set corresponding to XUV 700's Luxury pack appears to be missing from the Scorpio N. Even from the AX7 variant's feature set, big gaps are infotainment screen size, digital instrument cluster, panoramic sunroof and ADAS suite of features. Additional in Scorpio N is the off-roading kit. So at max, Mahindra can justify a pricing at par with XUV 700's AX7 variant. Even that would be a stretch IMHO.

XUV 700 AX7's ex-showroom price currently is 19.86L (MT) and 21.58L (AT). I would think this to be the absolute max Scorpio top variant can be priced at. In all likeliness, lower. I earlier thought that a sub-20L introductory price for the top variant is wishful thinking. But it seems more and more realistic as new information trickles in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Double checked with my SA and he was affirmative in that the vehicle would be on display on 27th.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Today I got a call from my "customer experience executive" informing me about the vehicle unveil on June 27th and that the vehicle will be available at my nearest dealer for me to see and experience the same day. He categorically stated that test drive will be available from the 28 onwards.
I think the only possible explanation then could be that media drives may be happening even sooner but their reviews will get published on 27-28th.
tarunjain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th June 2022, 23:09   #1357
BHPian

Even i got a call today informing the car launch on 27th and test drives at my nearest dealership from 28th onward. I asked for the price to which the executive said it would be revealed on 27th itself. Also inquired when i would be booking the vehicle, where do i work and whether i have car i would like to exchange etc etc.

In one of the video i was seeing on YT, the price mentioned was 18.93L for the top end. likewise there are various speculations about prices. but 19L seems to e closer to realistic price for the fully loaded version.

Realistically speaking, the seating arrangement of N and my current Xylo E9 is almost the same. But every other vehicle from Mahindra stale misses on the foldable trays present in Xylo behind the Driver and front passenger seats. The usage of these trays may be debatable but they do give a luxury feel to the cabin. Earlier Scorpio did not have the comfort that Xylo offers, what the N offers will have to be seen.

Last edited by rahulya007 : 17th June 2022 at 23:15.
rahulya007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2022, 00:55   #1358
BHPian

Seems like M&M is diverting assembly line and parts for the scorpio from the XUV line. So, the waiting period for the scorpio might be better. XUV owners how ever might see some extended times or existing ones not getting shortened.
To me it seemes like, Mahindra always had this plan. Get a top notch product out, capture the mindset and then launch the real money maker.
man_and_machine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2022, 09:34   #1359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_and_machine View Post
Seems like M&M is diverting assembly line and parts for the scorpio from the XUV line. So, the waiting period for the scorpio might be better. XUV owners how ever might see some extended times or existing ones not getting shortened.
I think Scorpio N will eat into the bookings of XUV 700 considerably. For many people who have booked the AWD variants of XUV 700, Scorpio N's 4x4 will probably make more sense at a lower price. Also, for lower variants of XUV 700 (AX3, AX5 and to some extent even AX7), Scorpio N will provide pretty much the all the features with opportunity to get ahead in the queue. It's only the ones who have booked AX7 Luxury and are particular about those features, will find Scorpio N to be lacking. If the overlap between bookings is large, then production of one car may not come at the cost of other. It will be more about their overall production/sourcing capacity.

For example, I have an open booking of XUV 700's AX7L AWD variant and will be happy to switch to Scorpio N's top model if pricing matches general expectations and I am able to get my booking in early enough.
tarunjain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2022, 10:08   #1360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think Scorpio N will eat into the bookings of XUV 700 considerably
Maybe to a very small extent, if at all. It is not just about feature-set and pricing - there is much more to it.

For someone who has test driven, liked, and booked an XUV 7OO, one test drive of the Scorpio-N and all thoughts of switching to the latter will go out the window A ladder-frame SUV comes with a very different ride & handling character compared to a monocoque - it is not everyone's cup of tea. Of course, it will depend on the levels of improvement Mahindra has been able to achieve for the Scorpio-N when it comes to ride & handling.
cool_dube is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2022, 10:35   #1361
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Of course, it will depend on the levels of improvement Mahindra has been able to achieve for the Scorpio-N when it comes to ride & handling.
Yes, expecting (hoping?) there will be a large improvement over the current Scorpio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
For someone who has test driven, liked, and booked an XUV 7OO, one test drive of the Scorpio-N and all thoughts of switching to the latter will go out the window A ladder-frame SUV comes with a very different ride & handling character compared to a monocoque - it is not everyone's cup of tea.
While I understand and agree with this, I am not sure how big a factor this is for majority of buyers out there. Please correct me if I am wrong, but my impression is that leaving aside the knowledgeable folks like the BHPians, for majority of buyers, 90% of the purchase decision is made by just checking out the car / sitting in it inside the showroom. Test drives, when they happen, are usually small ones for a km or two outside the showroom.

In fact, I will stick my neck out and make an entirely unsubstantiated claim that majority of car buyers out there won't even know that there are different types of car body constructions along with their pros/cons

Last edited by tarunjain : 18th June 2022 at 11:04.
tarunjain is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th June 2022, 11:40   #1362
BHPian

Quote:

In fact, I will stick my neck out and make an entirely unsubstantiated claim that majority of car buyers out there won't even know that there are different types of car body constructions along with their pros/cons
I agree. The memebrs of this forum are totally different than majority of the buyers. I have 2 proud XUV 700 owners in my building and we were discussing scorpio N yesterday. When I started sharing all the good things I have read in this forum, they had no clue about the Chassis, 4WD vs AWD, FWD vs RWD. Let's not even mention the type of AT and suspension being used.

Also, I have realized that outside of the enthusiasts, an average buyer do go for the features they are getting at a particular price point.

In my opinion, if at all there would be switch from XUV to scorpio, it would be from the segment looking at AWD option in XUV.

I am also looking at a price point of shade under 20L for the top variant of scoripo N and looking forward to book one. Though mentioned by few members that booking will start from 28th, my hunch is that dealership may start taking bookings from 27th. I plan to visit dealership on 27th to try my luck for sure. I have already blocked my calendar of 27th afternoon for scorpio!!

Last edited by alokk0912 : 18th June 2022 at 11:42.
alokk0912 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2022, 13:00   #1363
BHPian

For the fun of it.. check out my chat with a Mahindra sales advisor from Bangalore..
Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-ae0fdd35222e4a57a2e288fbbda3fbab.jpeg

Last edited by Aditya : 18th June 2022 at 20:46. Reason: Spacing
sheelapratosh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th June 2022, 14:36   #1364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulya007 View Post
Even i got a call today informing the car launch on 27th and test drives at my nearest dealership from 28th onward. I asked for the price to which the executive said it would be revealed on 27th itself. Also inquired when i would be booking the vehicle, where do i work and whether i have car i would like to exchange etc etc.
+1 to this update. I have received 2 calls so far from Mahindra informing me of the launch on 27 and TD from 28Jun. Plus that I will be able to book right away. My dealer source too indicated the same (although informally)

Based on the information available so far, the Scorpio-N seems to tick almost all the boxes for my next car. Will be booking as soon as Mahindra wants my money!
Old 18th June 2022, 18:15   #1365
BHPian

And which is the better way to book? Through which way, there is possibility of faster delivery?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks