Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2022, 08:31   #1666
BHPian

Re: Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheelapratosh View Post
Some better quality images for Color options.

[Image source: Timesdrive Instagram feed.]
I feel that they should have provided Gunmetal grey and Aquamarine /indigo blue shade as well. Would have suited the car's personality.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 28th June 2022 at 08:32. Reason: Trimmed post.
Gautham_v6 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th June 2022, 08:31   #1667
BHPian

While the Scorpion won't dent the sales of the mighty fortuner it surely makes the fortuner look even more overpriced than what it already seems!
apache_aayush is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 28th June 2022, 08:32   #1668
BHPian

Looks like M&M has a hat-trick chance for TeamBhp Car of the Year!
BigB is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 28th June 2022, 08:36   #1669
BHPian

Good one Mahindra! You've made me a proud shareholder (again!).

I see you're doing a Range Rover + Land Rover thing with your cars. Letting your customers decide if they're a bit posh or a bit utilitarian. As long as they stay in the M&M showroom, works out fine for everyone but the competition haha.
lemedico is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 28th June 2022, 08:43   #1670
BHPian

Finally, buttons make a comeback!! Someone is reading tbhp rants.
sprocket is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th June 2022, 09:05   #1671
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrider View Post
I wonder what made them delete the 50:50 split option in 3rd row. With that kind of a boot space, they should have given it.
Infact, lack of 50:50 split and very less boot space is making me think twice before cancelling my Carens booking.

Also, don't understand the logic of not giving Z6 option, MT and AT both, in Petrol. That would have been the most VFM option.
I would say if third row space management is your only criteria then better go for Carens otherwise, as of now seems like no car can beat Scorpio. I have always wanted to own a diesel Scorpio (I consider it the best diesel engine made by an Indian company).

They should have retained the side facing third row seats that still can be used by at least one adult if other space needs to fit the luggage. However considering lack of split functionality in the third row, following are the only options for one man one luggage scenario:

1. The person can still sit in the third row but as a luggage care taker and would eventually end up fighting for his rights to sit in peace.
2. Fold the third row completely and sit on the bench rear facing with luggage a little better managed as compared to point#1 above and with a little more peace for the luggage care taker.
3. Use rack on the roof (Mahindra is providing one for the new Scorpio without compromising the sunroof) and voila you are a free man in the third row.

However, Scorpio is capable enough to carry the load whether in trunk or on roof rail or both so keeping the above points in mind and considering the bulletproof reliability of Scoprios diesel engine with now much better gearbox and Contemporary tech, my suggestion would be to go with Diesel 4wd AT Scorpio as compared to Carens diesel AT for the following reasons:

1. The cost difference between the two here in Pune might be 2L but Scorpio diesel AT versus Carens Diesel AT will beat Carens (now since space management is taken care of) at any given point of time.

2. Scorpio uses proper ( Now in BS6 era it has become a benchmark) DEF (adblue) to take care of diesel exhaust as compared to Carens Diesel where you still have to take care of manual regeneration.

3. The ease of driving (City , Highway, Hills, Beaches, Offroads, Villages, wherever) would be much peaceful (peace of mind) in Scorpio than Carens.

4. You will easily find 3L mileage run Scorpios still running.

5. You get much better music system and tires.

6. Don't forget the 4wd system, this alone is enough to truncate Carens.

7. Your better half would be able to drive Scorpio with ease due to butter smooth steering+engine+gear combo (this is in comparison with heavy steering of safari, harrier).

Compared with XUV700 as mentioned by few in the forum, there definitely would be price difference in the top models where those differentiating features would still exist for some potential buyers and XUV700 top model will still sell. However Scorpio has taken care of a lot of tech features that are sufficient to quench the thirst.

I recently purchased XL6 alpha AT in April and I knew that Scorpio launch is nearby however I also knew that I might not get the same this year and My waiting time for a bigger car was already over.

Similar to you, my major criteria was also third row space (XL6 has a lot of it) and the only reason I rejected Carens was for its unreliable DCT gearbox and a pricey and manual regeneration hungry diesel engine.

Had Scorpio been launched 3 months back, I would have waited for the same.

I am pretty sure there would be some after market solution in making where the third row bench seat in Scorpio can be removed and side facing (much better option imho) could be installed. However, as mentioned above, a roof rack would take care of that issue as well.

Scorpio is going to be my next car, may be as early as 2024 (or when I complete a certain set target miles e.g. 30k in my new XL6) 'coz I don't want to purchase the first batch and by that time, Mahindra would have sorted out the 'initial niggles'.

As far as the price is concerned, it's only going to go north whether for new or used cars.

To summarize, Forget Carens and go for Scorpio.

Congratulations to those who have already booked the new Scorpio and all the very best to Mahindra.

Best Regards,
Achint
achintatri is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 28th June 2022, 09:07   #1672
BHPian

Whether Z4 manual comes with 128kW diesel also or 128kW comes only for 4WD and if so, whether 4WD is only for AT?
Old 28th June 2022, 09:07   #1673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naru80 View Post
Not a word about safety. Strange, considering the outgoing version scored abysmally on that front.
Just came across this frontal crash of a 2022 test mule that happened in 2021 November in rainy conditions. Sounds scary on real world impact, but looks like the A pillar was unaffected and door was opened out (not sure of the nature of impact though), so mostly believe this will fare far better than the outgoing version.

https://www.rushlane.com/2022-mahind...-12416037.html

Similar one of T-Boned 2022 scorpio yesterday and SETC drivers are notorious for their driving manoeuvres. Definitely the impact on the test mule looks pretty good for a side impact given a 50kmph impact like they stated.

https://www.carblogindia.com/mahindr...cident-launch/

All in all, based on real world incidents (plus the way they have been building cars and their media portrayal), I am positive they'll top the NCAP stars.
warp_10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th June 2022, 09:11   #1674
Senior - BHPian

From Mahindra plant in Chakan near Pune. It’s a sea of Scorpio-Ns as media get to spend the day with the latest SUV in town - Link

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-20220628_090835.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-20220628_090838.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-20220628_090840.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-20220628_090842.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-20220628_090853.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-20220628_090856.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-20220628_090858.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-20220628_090830.jpg
Venkatesh is offline   (38) Thanks
Old 28th June 2022, 09:15   #1675
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_and_machine View Post

TATA does not want to compete here, their investments are going into electrification. They want to be ahead of the curve and be leaders there rather than competing for number of check boxes with 4X4, BoF etc. These are the stats of yesterday. M&M does not have a lead in the electric world as much as TATA, But, M&M wants to play the today's game. For the next 5 years until oil burners will still make sense both from BSVI+ specification and oil prices being still reasonable there is still a lot to milk from the current market.
Offtopic. Have to humbly disagree. Tata seems like biding time till BEVs become mainstream, not as a grand plan to stay ahead of the curve or be leaders, but for sheer failure in developing new powertrains. Tata used to be way ahead of Mahindra in R&D, but now it is the opposite. Just hope they use the Nexon EV sales revenue and really start engineering proper grounds up BEVs, while trying maximum to localise the motor and battery packs.
DicKy is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 28th June 2022, 09:18   #1676
BHPian

The space in the new Scorpio's third row actually look better than the one in the current XUV700. Check this video:

Waiting for the official drive review and a physical test drive before deciding an ownership now.
achintatri is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th June 2022, 09:44   #1677
BHPian

What a great time to be a fan of Indian Car Manufacturers. Mahindra has hit it out of the park again.
I agree there are some things missing, but which car is a complete package?
Seems the market has matured enough to choose a product based on what's under the hood than just brand name. My only hope is that the Waiting period terms goes extinct.
shamanths3 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th June 2022, 09:54   #1678
BHPian

Way to go Mahindra. Features of the new car with the aggressive pricing will make difference in the SUV segment. Today's newspaper has got full page ad of Innova - did Toyota feel threatened? If yes, that is healthy competition

Only questions at this moment are:
  • What is the NCAP rating?
  • How good is the AT model? Hope it is Torque Control.
  • How pricey is the top AT model?
anirbanjoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2022, 09:56   #1679
BHPian

Few observations from launch
1. Curtain airbags not going beyond second row.
2. Request sensors even in boot door, very useful, Mahindra didn't cost cut here.
3. No mention of Boron steel in A pillars in the presentation, it just says high strength steel for the shell. No doubt it will score 4 star crash rating or more, but interesting to compare with XUV 700, when result comes out. My opinion XUV 700, will continue to stay on top as safest car below 30 lakhs in near future.
4. Third row seating is only for smaller framed person for short drives, even i didnt feel it comfortable in XUV 700 for that matter.
5. I feel price is justifiable as the introductory offer, given that no competition exist to this SUV now. Like Thar, we will see a lot more in major cities.
6. Just right amount of gizmos on offer. Makes it durable and peace of mind for long term ownership.
vinbie2019 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2022, 09:58   #1680
BHPian

198 BHP RWD BoF SUB With ESC,Hill Hold, CarPlay, Android Auto at 13.49L ��
I don’t need sunroof in Delhi either way, and we can get aftermarket alloys.
Looks like my next Vehicle is decided !
buntee90 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks