Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2019, 14:40   #16

Re: Tata Motors Service Connect app launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
Typically Tata! They had something before Honda and the other guys. But now with MG and Hyundai Venue coming with 'connected' features they are probably trying to make sure customers don't feel left out. Hence, maybe, making some noise.
I see no difference in the app of late. It's working just as well as it used to earlier. In 2016, the TMSC app used to suffer from OTP issues. And in 2017, the online service booking would not yield the desired result. No such issues in 2019 at least. A service booked from the app, fetches you a call from the service centre within 24 hours for the appointment confirmation. Reasonably detailed service history available, with job card number, invoice etc. The parts cost calculator works well too.
But... And since it's Tata, there is a but... It took them some time to perfect it. Almost a year. Going by that, and the software issues on the Harrier, it's only logical that they test their 'connected' car app thoroughly and rigorously before launching. You really wouldn't want a car with an app, where you asked it to start the AC and well, it didn't ! Or worse, it started the heater instead.

Glad to have this dedicated thread on TeamBHP!
I second your views, having something for last few years and then going for a press release shows a sense of urgency now (pun intended) to compete with other manufacturers also coming up/ marketing their apps. I also used it for my Indica and Manza, majorly for maintaining the service schedule and cost of servicing over the years.
Old 15th May 2019, 16:20   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
Typically Tata! They had something before Honda and the other guys. But now with MG and Hyundai Venue coming with 'connected' features they are probably trying to make sure customers don't feel left out.
You've got the two mixed up.

The Tata app allows you to manage your vehicle ownership on your phone: access dealer network, service history, book service appointments, log complaints and so on.

What the MG app does is, and what you've probably seen on the TV ads, allow you to control specific features of the car through the app. Eg. windows, air-conditioning and so on. More here.

Quote:
Every MG Hector owner would also get a downloadable iSmart App for their mobile phones. The app, when fired up, scans the car and instantly presents information on its location and whether the car is fully locked. Via the app the user can carry out a series of actions

• Vehicle scanning to check pre-defined parameters
• Fuel level & vehicle range
• Lock/ unlock status
• Lock/ unlock the vehicle remotely
• Remotely switch on the Climate control
• Find my car [Honking/Lights blinking/walk or drive to car]
• Set geo fencing. Most useful when loved ones are travelling in the car.
• Security alert
• Abnormal tyre pressure notification
• Vehicle Management
• Create travel plan & Push it to vehicle
• iSMART Smart Drive helps users to drive smartly
• Speed Alert
• MG Network information
• Departure Notification
https://www.carwale.com/news/mg-reve...f-june-launch/

Honda, Toyota, Tata calling their apps "Connect" is frankly mis-using the term. What MG does is truly the connect technology.
libranof1987 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th May 2019, 17:06   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
You've got the two mixed up.

The Tata app allows you to manage your vehicle ownership on your phone: access dealer network, service history, book service appointments, log complaints and so on.

What the MG app does is, and what you've probably seen on the TV ads, allow you to control specific features of the car through the app. Eg. windows, air-conditioning and so on. More here.
I haven't in the least! I am using the TMSC app since 3 years, so I know what we are dealing with here. Please read again.
I said, feeling the heat of other superior apps like the ones that will come with Venue and Hector, Tata is trying to make its customer feel that they are also doing something...
Also, in case you haven't kept track of the news, Tata has placed an order for 10 lakh SIM cards to BSNL for their next set of cars which WILL feature connected apps (like the ones we are going to see in Hector and Venue) and the one about Hector which you are so eager to point out and promote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0nit7 View Post
I had been using the app for quite some time to track the service and other details of our Tata Indigo and Hexa, but forgot the password after I changed phones and tried resetting it a few times but never got the password reset link in my inbox. After some time, I just uninstalled it.
This wasn't working earlier. It started working 3 months ago. Do try again. If it doesn't work please report to Tata. They help with it.

Last edited by aah78 : 15th May 2019 at 17:17. Reason: Trimmed quoted posts. Posts merged. Please use QUOTE+ when responding to multiple posts. Thanks!
Dr.Suraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th May 2019, 17:19   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Been using this app for 2.5 years now for my Hexa

It is pretty exhaustive is scope and any complaint or issue that you raise on it gets immediate attention directly from TML Pune. In fact, I have found that threatening to raise the issue on the TMSC app is a sure shot way of getting the service people to pull up their socks in the off incidence they slack. Tata must be commended for this, as it really scares the bejesus out of them.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 15th May 2019, 18:29   #20
BHPian

That's amazing and would be very convenient for customers. BMW sends videos of your car servicing details, explaining/showing how the vehicle service happened. It is making even more transparent about servicing.
Old 1st August 2021, 10:43   #21
BHPian

I booked a service for my Altroz on TMSC app and I received a confirmation email with the Service Booking Numher. Can I now take the car to the service center on the specified date or do I need to wait for any additional confirmation from the service center via call or something?

Most Viewed