Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2019, 15:25   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza Sports Limited Edition launched

Seeing such jokes after a while !! Brought back the memories of Maruti bringing those limited edition Swift models (even RS sticker once)

Sales have been falling across the sector and all we see is such half hearted efforts.
Old 27th May 2019, 16:16   #17
BHPian

Hello!

Guys you seem to miss a hint MS has in it for us.
This could be an usual stock clearance exercise MS used to do in the past, before launching the face-lifted model.

Expect face lift Brezza to be launched in month or two from now.
Old 27th May 2019, 17:11   #18
BHPian

MS seems to always react to the market rather than set the tone. I understand they have an amazing market share but in the last couple of years they don't seem to anticipate the competition. Sure , this strategy has worked for them but its a big loss for us buyers when the main brand isn't upping their game.
This Brezza should just be called the sticker edition. May be they are going to launch the next face lift but why couldn't they anticipate the venue and hit the market just before it. This is happening often. When the ecosport arrived they just were not prepared and came late to the party with the Brezza. The same could be said about the arrival of the i20, they took too long to present a capable competitor in the baleno. The list goes on.
Wish Maruti was more proactive.
chittybang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2019, 17:19   #19
BHPian

Can't really blame MS, as long as there are buyers for this abomination.

The average Joe Maruti buys, and brags - Ye naya waala sports model hai!!

Parth46 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th May 2019, 17:35   #20
BHPian

I think Maruti is trying to cash in as much as they can with these gimmicks before handing over Brezza to Toyota. I've seen too many advertisements for Baleno too everywhere. Somehow I feel MS and Nexa are pushing these two products hard and trying to milk them as much as possible.
SpideyBoy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th May 2019, 13:49   #21
BHPian

Maruti knows how to sell their cars. And no doubt this one will also sell in truck loads. Then why bother. And by the way Honda just introduced their 'much awaited' Activa 5G scooter with 'exciting' features. Manufacturers will keep coming with these tricks as long as they find buyers.
Silver Knight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2019, 15:06   #22
Senior - BHPian

While we enthusiast see this a lame(It is indeed), Suzuki knows its customer base well. Back then when Maruti launched RS swift, a known person bought one and was all gaga about different his RS is and he used to think it could actually go faster . Majority buyers donot bother what is under the hood as long as it is reliable and efficient! Remember how we see Hero as sticker manufacturer than bike manufacturer? Well their lousy stickers sells well.
I am sure these lame editions will fly off the shelf quickly and help Suzuki clear those large inventory.
PrideRed is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 29th May 2019, 17:14   #23
BHPian

After seeing this, the Swift Windsong (remember that one??) feels positively like an AMG version of the regular Swift! If they wanted to draw attention from the Venue, was this the best they could do?
If they really wanted to launch a sports edition, IMHO Maruti should have launched the 1.5 diesel.
Of course, it is not sporty either, but surely much better than this.

On a similar note, all these accessories are available on the iCreate website or as dealer accessories.
Is Maruti trying to clear stocks of accessories?
artemis_fowl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2019, 17:31   #24
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Who the hell buys such sad variants? What is there in this variant which deserves the 'sports edition' tag? Reminds me of a meme online, regarding their use of the word 'sports'. You use that word, I don't think it means what you think it means.

To the moderators - I apologise for the cuss word. I got caught in the flow and wrote exactly what I was thinking. I will take care of it from now on. Thanks!

Last edited by Himanshu809 : 29th May 2019 at 17:39.
Old 29th May 2019, 17:45   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himanshu809 View Post
Who the hell buys such sad variants?
Agreed on the frustrated outburst, but see 2 examples already on this page how 80% MS customers are:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
While we enthusiast see this a lame(It is indeed), Suzuki knows its customer base well. Back then when Maruti launched RS swift, a known person bought one and was all gaga about different his RS is and he used to think it could actually go faster . Majority buyers donot bother what is under the hood as long as it is reliable and efficient! Remember how we see Hero as sticker manufacturer than bike manufacturer? Well their lousy stickers sells well.
I am sure these lame editions will fly off the shelf quickly and help Suzuki clear those large inventory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parth46 View Post
Can't really blame MS, as long as there are buyers for this abomination.

The average Joe Maruti buys, and brags - Ye naya waala sports model hai!!

avdhesh15 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th May 2019, 19:58   #26
BHPian

OK, I'll be the bad guy here.
This conversation reminds me of the oft repeated discussions on the Indian soap operas. People keep lamenting that "Sasural Simar Ka", "Kasauti.." are absolute trash and we can't ever have a drama like "The Game of Thrones", the fact remains that this is what the Indian consumer (majority) wants!
MSIL might be making inferior cars, but that's what is selling. It's us, the public, that caters to their products. Do you really think the crowd isn't aware of the built quality and the shenanigans they play? Few might not be but most know what they are getting in to.

So while I think, it is OK to point out that this version is a mere re-hash of existing model with a mere sticker slapped on, to blame MSIL for deliberately making inferior cars is being oblivious of the market sentiment.

There's still time for GoT level drama (s07/08 notwithstanding) but we will surely move to that pedestal too. When the market matures to a better build quality, we'll have the manufacturers making those cars too.
Peace out!
ValarMorghulis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2019, 20:41   #27
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
Agreed on the frustrated outburst, but see 2 examples already on this page how 80% MS customers are:

Hahaha. Well I think they're right when they say, reality is often disappointing.

In the end it's all business.
Like when Salman said he will stop making dumb movies when people stop watching them.
Old 29th May 2019, 23:46   #28
Senior - BHPian

This is the desperate attempt at killing the essence and meaning of "Sports" term here.

Maruti whoever gave you the idea seems like they are from 90's! Please ask them to try for a job change
Old 30th May 2019, 03:53   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Why Sport ?

This treatment / changes deserved the RS Badge !
W -h -e -n... (yawn) Maruti decides that the Vitara Brezza will get the 1.0 boosterjet, that's when the Brezza will get the RS badge. That car has been in the pipeline since forever.

Hope Maruti wakes up now after Hyundai's venue getting a 1.0 Turbopetrol.
landcruiser123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2019, 11:23   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post

So while I think, it is OK to point out that this version is a mere re-hash of existing model with a mere sticker slapped on, to blame MSIL for deliberately making inferior cars is being oblivious of the market sentiment.
Agree to this point. Its not that the mango man is totally not aware of what he is buying.

Today we are all talking about safety, security features that needs to come in cars. But at the same time, we have to look at the purchasing power of the common man and how it has progressed over the past couple of decades. A budget hatchback car, even today is still very expensive for a common man to buy or afford and maintain. That is where MSIL comes into picture and provides VFM cars.

Calling a sticker job as "Sports" is atrocious to say the least.

The car ownership in India is nothing compared to developed countries, it's just that we do not have the infrastructure to expand this market further.
NFS2024 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks