Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2021, 21:55   #151
BHPian

Re: Citroen C3 budget crossover for India

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
I didn't direct the joke towards Tata or Citroen, I meant it for Hindustan Times Auto because I thought they mentioned something wrongly, and it is something I still believe is wrong because;

The Tata Punch is based on the Alfa-Arc platform of the Altroz IIRC whereas CMP (Common Modular Platform) is from PSA.

Tata's is AMP (Advanced Modular Platform), which VW was planning to use.

This is the problem with mainstream media. They won't spend a single minute fact checking before publishing the article. Couple days ago I saw an article saying "Tesla Model S spied testing in India" with pictures of Model 3! Like really, how much time does it take to google, right?

I think just because there were talks of Citroen's tech being developed by TCS, they linked AMP to CMP.
udaikalra01 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th September 2021, 09:32   #152
BHPian

I am curious to see how they have arranged the rear bench in the c3. The c5 has a weird 3 seat arrangement that looks claustrophobic even if there are only 2 passengers.
Old 17th September 2021, 09:33   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusSHO View Post
The rear windows are powered, just the switches are not on the rear door pads.
Attachment 2208009
Looks like a new way of cost cutting, instead of 7 power wind switches, they have given 4. Rear seat passangers will need to reach the area behind the parking brake to lower their window.

Last edited by giri1.8 : 17th September 2021 at 09:34.
giri1.8 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2021, 09:58   #154
Distinguished - BHPian

The first look, drive and road presence of the ' C3 Cross Hatchback' in the below video( br.)

volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2021, 10:17   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
The first look, drive and road presence of the ' C3 Cross Hatchback' in the below video( br.)

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=ax1W...el=CAR.BLOG.BR
Looks like a compilation of company provided videos, not a first drive
Old 17th September 2021, 10:59   #156
Senior - BHPian

Sorry, but when is the real launch of this car in India? Citroen hasn’t officially mentioned a launch timeline i think, but is it anytime in the next 5-6 months or at least 1 year away? In some reports I had read that it’s actually planned for late 2022 or early 2023! If that is the case then creating a buzz so early is not a great idea.
Old 17th September 2021, 11:05   #157
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
S--, but is it anytime in the next 5-6 months or at least 1 year away? --
Launching in early 2022, expect an April- 22 launch.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2021, 11:11   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
is it anytime in the next 5-6 months or at least 1 year away?
Developed in India, the C3 will go on sale in our market in the first half of 2022.

Quote:
The Citroën C3 will be produced at the Thiruvallur plant in Chennai, with series production set to commence from December this year. Price announcement of the C3 will then take place in the first half of 2022.
Source

The C3 will have competitive pricing

Quote:
It will be assembled at Citroen's factory in Thiruvallur, Tamil Nadu where a separate line for the SUV has been developed and that should help the French brand with competitive pricing.
Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 17th September 2021 at 11:12.
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2021, 11:31   #159
Distinguished - BHPian

Citroen C3 will be priced competitively and will slot in the gap between Renault KWID and the Premium hatchback ( Maruti Baleno, Hyundai i20, etc.) space.

- Only petrol, expect the 1.2L turbo petrol in MT and AT guise.

volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th September 2021, 13:17   #160
KPR
BANNED

This car looks so much neatly designed and hope the end product's feel doesn't disappoint as well. I'm just wondering why we aren't in BS4 era! This C3 and MJD in 90HP could've been a marriage made in heaven.
KPR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2021, 13:21   #161
BHPian

Both C3 and Punch , seems like, will set the market on fire. By seeing the feature omissions(and the percieved build quality), I believe the starting pricing could be less than 5 lakhs . Tata punch should get started at around 5.5 (considering the Nexon is starting at 7.29) . With these pricing and the road presence , both the vehicles have, these two will get lot of takers . (Indians give looks as the secondary factor (first being price ) , these two will have the potential to become blockbusters )
Old 17th September 2021, 13:30   #162
Senior - BHPian

If this car is going to be slotted between the Kwid and Baleno (like Tata Punch) while offering a 1.2 turbocharged engine, then it will be an interesting game to watch. The VW Polo GT once offered such engine at we all know what fun it was.

However, I wonder how they will keep the costs low considering a TC engine is expensive and complex and the general servicing competency of our country is nothing to talk about. You don't want initial niggles like Skoda Kushaq, Citroen! especially in the segment they are targeting, few bad cars initially and they can forget about the car selling well for the rest of its lifetime. Should have offered a 'humble', no frills but reasonably powerful 1.2 NA engine too IMO.
Old 17th September 2021, 13:37   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Citroen C3 will be priced competitively and will slot in the gap between Renault KWID and the Premium hatchback ( Maruti Baleno, Hyundai i20, etc.) space.

- Only petrol, expect the 1.2L turbo petrol in MT and AT guise.

]
So potentially a Swift rival! I mean this car has the quirk and novelty to take on the Swift! The dual tone roof, funky styling. But the only issue seems to be that the car is quite bare bones! No climate control, outdated rear power windows placement, someone even mentioned that the car doesn’t have rear wipers! And by next year I’m sure wireless apple car play etc would be standard, so if Citroen brings a car in 2022, it has to be well equipped to sustain 3-4 years at the least. But if the car seems lacking in features from day one, then that’s a huge setback!
motorworks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2021, 14:57   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiInJa View Post
If this car is going to be slotted between the Kwid and Baleno (like Tata Punch) while offering a 1.2 turbocharged engine, then it will be an interesting game to watch. The VW Polo GT once offered such engine at we all know what fun it was.

However, I wonder how they will keep the costs low considering a TC engine is expensive and complex and the general servicing competency of our country is nothing to talk about. You don't want initial niggles like Skoda Kushaq, Citroen! especially in the segment they are targeting, few bad cars initially and they can forget about the car selling well for the rest of its lifetime. Should have offered a 'humble', no frills but reasonably powerful 1.2 NA engine too IMO.
Shouldn't be an issue from them with a TC engine. They have plenty of options post merger with Fiat and under the Stellantis umbrella, they can source a good 1.2L TC engine from their own portfolio abroad.
whencut86 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2021, 15:28   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanolover View Post
only 2 power windows !
GUys the rear power windows are in between the front driver seats.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks