Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2021, 15:58   #166
BHPian

Re: Citroen C3 budget crossover for India

Am I the only one who is excited about the engine? 130 BHP engine in a segment below the Baleno seems over-powered. If the car drives well (though Citroens are tuned for comfort), this could be the enthusiasts choice after the JTP twins were retired.

Also, how did Citroen manage to get dual clutch in this segment when rivals get AMTs?
dragracer567 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th September 2021, 23:13   #167
BHPian

It will be a relief if they can market it without an SUV moniker. The package seems to be very promising if the price starts around Rs 4.50 lakh (ex-showroom). Also, Citroen will have a novelty and C3 can encash that as well.

Pricing will be crucial.
Silver Knight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2021, 01:08   #168
Senior - BHPian

I love this car’s styling. Quirky, but in a good way.

Forget about anything else - it’s just the 130bhp and dual clutch one could buy this car for! It’s indeed strange for them to skimp of features but go full throttle on the engine-gearbox combo. At the end of the day, most people in our country are swayed by shiny/gizmo features.

I somehow have this feeling that the engine gearbox combo thing is “guesswork” and heresay from one to the other. Were these details ever released by Citroen?

Last edited by Abhi_Automobile : 18th September 2021 at 01:10.
Abhi_Automobile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2021, 14:02   #169
BHPian

This seems like a new Kwid. Barebone features, budget construction, but funky and interesting product that will be strong differentiator.

I hope the construction is sturdy and the product is generally well build. That will perhaps cover for some of the lack of features.

What really grans attention is the engine power specs! It is almost too good to be true at the expected price range. That alone can be a game changer for the entire sub 10 lakh price range!
amitayu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2021, 15:31   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
'Cross- Hatch' Citroen C3 will launch in the first half of 2022.
I think they're making the same mistake they did with the C5. They're revealing it way too early. First half of 2022 is too vague. Memory is short and there is no brand recall for them in India (no thanks to the C5 pricing and early reveal).
Quote:
CEO Vincent Cobee says Citroen will aim for customer satisfaction and then scale accordingly, and will not get trapped like others who got carried away with numbers. Citroen India will be humble ambitious professional.
If I squint real hard I could almost see the halo on his head. Isn't the whole aim of his cash intensive business to achieve good numbers? Pray how are you going to satisfy customers without scaling up to sufficient dealerships? This must be the French quirkiness you all talk about.
Iyencar is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2021, 17:52   #171
Distinguished - BHPian

Vincent Cobee, global CEO of Citroen :

- Citroen C3 is a ‘hatchback with a twist’

- funky styling, SUV design cues, a focus on comfort and an aggressive price; expected to take on the Maruti Ignis and Tata Punch

- the company has a "number of tricks in the bag" and that the hatchback will be differentiated from the crowd.

- it has tuned the suspension to offer a cushy ride

- among the largest leg room in the segment

- Citroen C3– at least in its higher variants –will potentially also level up with the entry-level trims of the Maruti Suzuki Baleno and Tata Altroz.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 18th September 2021 at 17:56.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2021, 21:13   #172
BHPian

This one has French flair in abundance which might surprise a lot of people. It looks rather striking in the brighter shades but looks a lot more neutral in the grey colour. I personally feel that the grey shade does calm down the extroverted design elements which makes it look a lot nicer. A diesel could have been added to the engine option list to up it's desirability especially in these days of sky high petrol prices.
Phantom 510 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 08:26   #173
Distinguished - BHPian

2022 Citroen C3 Reveal (India and South America)

volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 21:09   #174
BHPian

My idea for a less bonkers Citroen C3.

Original

Citroen C3 budget crossover for India-2022citroenc34.jpg

Altered
Edited on iPad with Procreate and Apple Pencil

Citroen C3 budget crossover for India-citroen-c3-mark-ii.png
amvj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 23:06   #175
Distinguished - BHPian

Different versions of the C3s available across the world, there are 7 different versions altogether!!

Citroen C3 budget crossover for India-b4b1ff2e5221412db6b31f9f04fc35d1.jpeg

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUKG5gbo...dium=copy_link
CEF_Beasts is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 10:13   #176
Distinguished - BHPian

Citroen C3 Hatch spied testing again:

Citroen C3 budget crossover for India-1.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 23:42   #177
Senior - BHPian

Re: Scoop! Insider data on the Citroen C3 Budget SUV for India

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Safety won't a be talking point either. Crash safety is expected to be average. It is likely to receive a 2-star rating from NCAP.
I might have to take back my words. 2 stars is not a good rating, but I just had a good look at Global NCAP's new assessment protocol from July 2022 onwards, and optional ESC, and standard pedestrian protection are all required for even 3 stars. If the new Citroën performs well in the impact tests but can't meet other 3 star requirements, I may not be so harsh on them after all. In their present forms, not even the Altroz, Tiago, or Amaze can cross 2 stars (even if they score very well on side impact) under next year's Global NCAP protocol. If the Citroën C3 performs well on front and side impact I won't consider 2 stars terrible.

July 2022 onwards Global NCAP Adult Occupant Protection Assessment Protocol

Last edited by Aditya : 27th September 2021 at 17:54. Reason: As requested
ron178 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 00:09   #178
BHPian

Re: Scoop! Insider data on the Citroen C3 Budget SUV for India

I think introducing this funky car at a very affordable price is a perfect plan, mainly because it will start the ball rolling and help in getting the people into the showrooms. But everything depends on their next products. If, they too are made cheap and looks like they are built to a cost, the the company is doomed. Eg: The Etios twins. Even the Toyota's badge couldn't save them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaikalra01 View Post
This is the problem with mainstream media. They won't spend a single minute fact checking before publishing the article. Couple days ago I saw an article saying "Tesla Model S spied testing in India" with pictures of Model 3! Like really, how much time does it take to google, right?

I think just because there were talks of Citroen's tech being developed by TCS, they linked AMP to CMP.
Ha ha, well said, try searching how the news readers pronounce Lamborghini, you'll be either rolling on the floor laughing or just smashing the tv for botching the name completely.

Quote:
Citroen C3 will be priced competitively and will slot in the gap between Renault KWID and the Premium hatchback ( Maruti Baleno, Hyundai i20, etc.) space.

- Only petrol, expect the 1.2L turbo petrol in MT and AT guise.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=Uw4A8MEgWZM&t=169s
I really was really praying that the C3 would be launched with the Fiat's multijet diesel engine since Citroen is now owned by Stellantis, the parent company of Jeep and Fiat. Introduction of that engine could also help the future products of their sister company's sub 4 meter Jeep compact SUV. With a bit of luck it may also be introduced in future Maruti Suzuki vehicles since Maruti does not have a Diesel engine and they desperately need one (especially for the Ertiga).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron178 View Post
I might have to take back my words. 2 stars is not a good rating, but I just had a good look at Global NCAP's new assessment protocol from July 2022 onwards, and optional ESC, and standard pedestrian protection are all required for even 3 stars. If the new Citroën performs well in the impact tests but can't meet other 3 star requirements, I may not be so harsh on them after all. In their present forms, not even the Altroz, Tiago, or Amaze can cross 2 stars (even if they score very well on side impact) under next year's Global NCAP protocol. If the Citroën C3 performs well on front and side impact I won't consider 2 stars terrible.

July 2022 onwards Global NCAP Adult Occupant Protection Assessment Protocol
I can live without the few missing features, but safety is one thing that none of us should ever compromise on.
Knighted06 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2021, 20:31   #179
Distinguished - BHPian

Citroen C3 spied again:

Citroen C3 budget crossover for India-1.jpg

Citroen C3 budget crossover for India-citroen_c3_rearx675.jpg

Link
Old 12th October 2021, 23:19   #180
BHPian

I know that as auto enthusiasts, we are aware of the new and upcoming launches, but this is a car I have seen very few people even know about, let alone be excited about. I think most of the general public does not even know that a company named Citroën is selling cars in India. After seeing the launch XUV 700, Astor, Taigun, I wonder if this is the most 'unhyped' car launch in recent times..
quantobigboot is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed