Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2022, 01:12   #406
BHPian

Re: Citroen C3 budget crossover for India

The C3 looks noticeably smaller than the competition Punch, Magnite and Kiger, though on paper the dimensions are good (longer than Punch). Even the tyres offered are the smallest 15 inches rim. However, I am excited about the turbo engines which offer more torque than Nexon or Venue, and much closer to XUV300 numbers. This will have a high Torque to Weight ratio and thus make it a nice small hatch to zig-zag-zoom through the city traffic. Looking forward to how they price this.
black.beauty is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2022, 03:10   #407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black.beauty View Post
The C3 looks noticeably smaller than the competition Punch, Magnite and Kiger, though on paper the dimensions are good (longer than Punch). Even the tyres offered are the smallest 15 inches rim. However, I am excited about the turbo engines which offer more torque than Nexon or Venue, and much closer to XUV300 numbers. This will have a high Torque to Weight ratio and thus make it a nice small hatch to zig-zag-zoom through the city traffic. Looking forward to how they price this.
I hope they price it competitively against the Tata Punch and the Kiger/Magnite twins as the 1.2 Turbo I3 in the C3 would open up the niche of the enthusiast's compact suv (assuming driving dynamics and build quality are good).

I would say that they need a TC Automatic in order to appeal to the mass market, the international C3 already has a 6 Speed TC Automatic for the 1.2 Turbo but the 82hp NA version of the 1.2L I3 is only offered with a 5 speed manual.
Old 12th June 2022, 15:17   #408
pqr
Distinguished - BHPian

Citroen C3 is basically a sub-4m hatchback, with a crossover styling. Here is on paper comparison with other sub-4m hatchbacks.

Seems like undercutting competitor’s price will be Citroen’s positioning strategy in India to deliver value, with built to a cost experience. Similar to what Renault India did with the Kwid (hatchback-crossover-styling) – French connection, indeed.

With that approach Renault has positioned themselves as a budget brand in India, unlike in Europe, where they compete against the likes of Volkswagen, and have Dacia as a budget brand. Well Citroen will surely struggle to sell C5 Aircross in future due to this budget positioning approach. Then what is the use of a top-down product launch approach in the first place?

Citroen C3 budget crossover for India-1.png

In the petrol engine department Citroen can’t compete against Maruti, just like Tata and Hyundai. So Citroen C3 is just a grown up Renault Kwid.
pqr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2022, 19:15   #409
BHPian

Citroen C3 launch in ITC Goa
Attached Thumbnails
Citroen C3 budget crossover for India-img20220612wa0029.jpg  

Old 14th June 2022, 21:15   #410
BHPian

Autocar: What to expect from each variant

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...variant-424788

Looking at the features of Citroen C3 Live (barebone) with a NA petrol engine and the amount of cost cutting, shouldn't command anything more than INR 3.99 Lakhs!

If so, 'more car per car' in a reloaded form. Wishful thinking, but couldn't resist writing down. Just another day for launch.

Everything else is 'extra'/'chargeable' to make it look like a proper car. The no-frills airlines may charge even for a cabin baggage, and they know that we cannot board an aircraft just with a toothbrush, paste and soap
Old 14th June 2022, 23:33   #411
Senior - BHPian

Interesting to see that the 1.2 Turbo makes as much torque as Fiat's 1.3 Diesel! Hope the real world performance is as good if not better.

Any news on AT variants?
Old 15th June 2022, 07:11   #412
Senior - BHPian

Just to compare with what we're going to get here in India, here's what it looks in Europe: There's a lot of cost cutting in the product we're going to get here in India as compared to this refined product in Europe...

Last edited by Durango Dude : 15th June 2022 at 07:13.
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 09:18   #413
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Just to compare with what we're going to get here in India, here's what it looks in Europe: There's a lot of cost cutting in the product we're going to get here in India as compared to this refined product in Europe...

https://Youtu.be/131RrlN1BHA
The video isn't exactly calling it refined it's a budget car with corners cut and features come at an extra cost even in UK. I guess it all depends on how it gets positioned in the country of launch. Our thread title itself says it's a budget cross-over so I guess that's what we are getting. Hopefully the OTR is competitive and reflects this positioning else its fate is pretty much sealed as DOA with just 30 showrooms!
Old 15th June 2022, 11:02   #414
BHPian

For the second time on the forum, going through the spec-sheet I observe a minor difference in the engine displacement figures of NA and Turbo motors.
  • Are these typos or is there really a difference albeit an insignificant one?
  • Also does the turbo motor produce the said max torque at such a low rpm?
Citroen C3 budget crossover for India-c3-specs01.jpeg

Citroen C3 budget crossover for India-c301.jpeg

Mod Note: Our Citroen C3 Review has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Last edited by Aditya : 15th June 2022 at 12:13. Reason: Link to review added
Closed Thread

Most Viewed