Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2021, 11:53   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Scoop! Insider data on the Citroen C3 Budget SUV for India

Surprising info.

1. Thought it would be a Brezza/Nexon rival or even an Ignis rival. Not a Kwid competitor!!! Makes us wonder why Citroen even bothered to price the C5 Aircross at such a premium if they were going to dabble in such a low price segment.

2. Safety. Renault didn't really do much for the image of French brands regarding safety in India. Though with the Triber and Kiger/Magnite they have managed to create a safe car image even at such affordable prices. Sad to know that Citroen is not working hard to create a safe car brand image. Though, have to wait till official confirmation and I believe Citroen will go into damage control mode once the website, online media and SM handles start picking on this thread.

That said, since the price point for the new vehicle is so low, my only expectation is for Citroen to live upto their suspension expert reputation and give us some of the most comfortable high riding models this side of 10 lakhs.
DicKy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th September 2021, 12:47   #107
BHPian

It doesn't make sense to me, but I really hope it works out for the Citroën team.

Now this brand has a 4L entry car and a 40L lux car.

If this car has better suspension than other offerings in 4-8L space, and offers at least 4 star rating, then they can see some good sales.
Old 15th September 2021, 12:49   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
The C3 is likely to be offered in two variants. Even the top variant is said to be spartan in terms of features.
A huge mistake IMHO. It seems Citroen likes to think Indians buy cars solely based on the price tag but features are key. Indians link features at a low price to value for money, so selling a spartan car with no features will surely tank this car on launch. I had a hunch that PSA will get it wrong with the Indian market but not to this extent.
Old 15th September 2021, 12:57   #109
BHPian

The word "Spartan" might be misunderstood by a lot of us. The scoop mentions the C3 will be kitted with fog lamps and such which might indicate that Citroen is going to go for a barebones car with almost no kit to undercut the competition then upsell on additional factory-fitted accessories like sound systems, alloy wheels etc.

Might be an interesting strategy considering Citroen needs a headline grabber like the Kwid to get footfall in the showroom. The 2-star safety rating on the other hand won't hamper it too much in terms of sales if they're getting quality, features and price right. If Marutis, Hyundais, and Kias can sell in reasonable volumes, I don't see why Citroen should do similar to gain traction in India.
Old 15th September 2021, 13:10   #110
BHPian

Report seems contradictory to me. I don't think a 110 bhp car would be launched barebones or could be a Kwid/Punch comperitor.
Old 15th September 2021, 13:52   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Citroen C3 budget crossover for India

The rendering of the CUV:

Citroen C3 budget crossover for India-1.jpg

Link
Old 15th September 2021, 16:13   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Note that 'budget' is the keyword here. Citroen is said to position its compact SUV below the upcoming Tata Punch.

The C3 is likely to be offered in two variants. Even the top variant is said to be spartan in terms of features. The car that will be showcased on September 16 will be kitted out with accessories like fog lamps, alloy wheels, plastic cladding, interior improvements and chrome garnish. Most of these won't be standard, even on the top variant.

Safety won't a be talking point either. Crash safety is expected to be average. It is likely to receive a 2-star rating from NCAP.
I don't know but this scoop seems highly misleading!

1. Why would Citroen launch a 4 lakh rupee car and sell it along with a 40 lakh rupee car in the same fancy showrooms?

2. They have the budget for 110hp turbo engine but not for safety or features? I do not really think that a global carmaker would read the Indian car market especially when safety is becoming the talking point and even Maruti is promising safety on their next gen cars (not made public yet).

BHPian Tushar, are you sure that your source is not a PR agent of some rival brand who intends to create controversy right before the car's reveal? Seems highly likely to me!
theAutomaniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2021, 17:02   #113
BHPian

A car that is getting a turbo petrol making a 112 hp can not be a compromise on safety and be just barebones. While I appreciate Citroen giving us a turbo petrol, the NCAP shouldn’t be 2 stars and not with reasonable features. Citroen would be butchering their brand image by pulling a cheap stunt. For the newer brands Datsun is a case study that cheap does not sell here unless you’re Maruti.

Always thought Citroen would work on a top-down strategy like Kia and MG but this doesn’t look like it.
Old 15th September 2021, 17:48   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
The rendering of the CUV:

Attachment 2207494

Link
Doesn’t look convincing. It’s likely a Nissan Magnite with some styling elements of the scale model/teaser slapped on.

Last edited by ron178 : 15th September 2021 at 18:16.
Old 15th September 2021, 21:07   #115
BHPian

Got these from an internal whatsapp group. Credit to the original uploader.
Attached Thumbnails
Citroen C3 budget crossover for India-img20210915wa0009.jpg  

Citroen C3 budget crossover for India-img20210915wa0008.jpg  

Avinash_R is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 15th September 2021, 21:14   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avinash_R View Post
I think "cute" is the word
But I still cannot understand their design language. Still prefer new Peugeot designs over Citroen.
Old 15th September 2021, 21:19   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I believe that's the international C3 Aircross and not the India-specific car to be unveiled tomorrow. The front does not match the teaser image posted by Citroën yesterday or the scale model revealed earlier. I could be wrong, though.
ron178 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2021, 21:30   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The car in the pictures is C3 Aircross which is a compact version of the C5 Aircross on a smaller footprint. It measures more than 4m in length.

Here is a dedicated thread for the same

Link (Citroen C3 spotted testing without camouflage in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh)
Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th September 2021, 10:17   #119
Senior - BHPian

Re: Citroen C3 budget crossover for India

This isn't true, is it? I don't know how or where the journalists at HT Auto got this information but I highly doubt it:
Name:  Screenshot 20210916 at 10.11.16 AM.png
Views: 644
Size:  55.2 KB
First off, the Punch's architecture is named ALFA and the Citroën's is named CMP. At first, I thought they wanted to say 'Citroen C3 SUV to make global debut today, to share stage with Tata Punch' but the article says they may share architecture, which I highly doubt.

Source

Last edited by ron178 : 16th September 2021 at 10:45. Reason: Source added
ron178 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2021, 13:05   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Citroen C3 budget crossover for India

Unofficial images of the Citroen C3 for India

Citroen C3 budget crossover for India-c3_2110.jpg

Citroen C3 budget crossover for India-c3_21_11.jpg

Citroen C3 budget crossover for India-c3_21_10.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 16th September 2021 at 13:08.
volkman10 is offline   (9) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks