Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2019, 15:44   #136
BHPian

Re: Ford deletes features from the EcoSport Titanium+ variant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
However in this case, older car happens to have more features than the new one, all because of feature goof-up by Ford!
We are in process of buying same car and faced same issue of goof-up from Ford (AT variant).
We checked the car, it is May manufactured and has Sync3 in it.
We got the new rate and not old one.

Additionally, the car use to sell at 50-60k discount at old price so new discounted price (30k drop) and subsequent negotiation of approx. 20k-30k brings the car to same price point irrespective.

I do not think you should pay to his demands. Walk out of the deal !
Cooltronics is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2019, 15:53   #137
Senior - BHPian

Ford deletes features from the EcoSport Titanium+ variant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltronics View Post
We got the new rate and not old one.
I do not think you should pay to his demands. Walk out of the deal !

So far I had no reason to doubt the dealer/SA's intention. But this point has got me thinking again. Seeing you too are in Bangalore, can you PM me the dealer that you are buying from. I can use that as a talking point with him.
Old 1st July 2019, 16:29   #138
BHPian

Quote:
If one were to buy this old model now, what will be the price applicable for invoicing and road tax purposes? Dealer is insisting that earlier price will apply. I some how find that odd. Any ideas?
The Ecosport S saw the largest price drop(around 53k for the petrol!). My dealer was ready to offer me a 60k discount over and above the revised/reduced prices for the 2018 VIN.

Any price drop/hike must be applied to the car at the time of delivery as far as I know. And that’s what my dealer offered to do as well.
pavanth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2019, 22:16   #139
BHPian

Quote:
I have a question on how the car will be invoiced when then ex showroom price has changed (reduced in this case) but one is buying a model with previous pricing.
When I went to book my EcoSport Trend in June 2019 (after the price reduction), the dealer offered the existing stock with the reduced ex-showroom price. Since my choice of colour was not available, I decided to wait for fresh allotment.

They also offered old stock of Titanium in my preferred colour at the reduced price. I had to decline that also due to budget constraints. The old Titanium has many features which are not available in new batches.

All the booking and proforma invoice forms also say that prices at the time of delivery will be applicable.

Last edited by knightrider_7 : 1st July 2019 at 22:24.
knightrider_7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2019, 22:20   #140
BHPian

Since the S variant is offered with Ecoboost only as far as petrol is concerned, I think there is room for Ford to come up with an S AT with the dragon engine.
octane_100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2019, 07:35   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoOfTheShire View Post

The doors lock automatically once the speed reaches 20 kmph. To be honest, neither I nor anyone else who sat in my car have tried opening the doors once its moving, but once the car comes to a standstill, occupants are able to open the doors from inside but not from outside. BTW, how were you able to test that the boot doesn't open after a certain speed?!
I pressed the boot button by mistake instead of the fog lamp switch.
I tried opening the door above 20 kmph yesterday and it did.
Not a good setting.
Old 2nd July 2019, 07:48   #142
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightrider_7 View Post
When I went to book my EcoSport Trend in June 2019 (after the price reduction), the dealer offered the existing stock with the reduced ex-showroom price. Since my choice of colour was not available, I decided to wait for fresh allotment.
We did the same thing, and changed our color choice to go with existing stock, at the reduced price. Sync3 was a deal breaker for us, so was more than happy to buy the previous stock.
Old 2nd July 2019, 09:14   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
I tried opening the door above 20 kmph yesterday and it did.
Not a good setting.
The door lock is only for locking it from the outside. The doors always open from the inside at any speed and under any circumstances.

This is for a safety reason in times of emergency- they say. The same is the case with all the Volkswagen cars in India.
pavanth is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2019, 13:24   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanth View Post
The door lock is only for locking it from the outside. The doors always open from the inside at any speed and under any circumstances.

This is for a safety reason in times of emergency- they say. The same is the case with all the Volkswagen cars in India.
Except of course, if that door is child-locked. Then in a locked car, you cannot open that door either from the inside or from the outside. Once the car is unlocked, the door can then be opened from the outside only.

If adults open the door from the inside when it's running, they probably deserve a child lock
saisrujan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2019, 19:51   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisrujan View Post
Except of course, if that door is child-locked. Then in a locked car, you cannot open that door either from the inside or from the outside. Once the car is unlocked, the door can then be opened from the outside only
Right. Also Ford Ecosport has the emergency central unlocking system right? (In case of an accident, all doors are unlocked for outsiders also- I don’t know what that is called) In that case, what happens to the door with the child lock turned on? I believe that the child lock and central locking system are exclusive of each other in function right?

Quote:
If adults open the door from the inside when it's running, they probably deserve a child lock
Old 3rd July 2019, 12:07   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanth View Post

I wish every auto maker implement this safety feature in their cars. The article (Link) from TOI Bangalore, dated 03rd July 2019 is an eye opener to auto makers who do not have this safety feature in their cars.

Two suffocate to death inside Mahindra Scorpio (Link) stuck in Mumbai subway, when the auto-locks on the SUV slammed the submerged vehicle.

Last edited by nkumarblr : 3rd July 2019 at 12:33.
nkumarblr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2019, 19:29   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkumarblr View Post
I wish every auto maker implement this safety feature in their cars.
As far as I know, all central locking systems allow doors to be unlocked from the inside, whether the car is running or is parked. The only exception is child lock.

Quote:
The auto-locks on the SUV slammed the submerged vehicle shut ..

Read more at:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/a...campaign=cppst
This is just poor awareness that is being spread. What locks people in when their car is under several feet of water is the water pressure. The doors don't open because too much water is pushing the doors in. And probably a short-circuit led to the window motors failing. Read this article for a better understanding.
saisrujan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2019, 20:59   #148
BHPian

Quote:
As far as I know, all central locking systems allow doors to be unlocked from the inside, whether the car is running or is parked. The only exception is child lock.
Once the car is locked by central locking system; to open a door from inside, one has to unlock all doors together by central locking system or each individual door can be unlocked by respective lock/unlock button on each door. But one can't open any door simply by handle from inside, without unlocking it. So just assume, if central locking system malfunction, what could happen, exactly the same which TOI mentioned in its article.

But in case of Ford, VW cars, doors can be opened anytime from inside irrespective it is locked or not by locking system.

Quote:
This is just poor awareness that is being spread. What locks people in when their car is under several feet of water is the water pressure. The doors don't open because too much water is pushing the doors in. And probably a short-circuit led to the window motors failing. Read this article for a better understanding.
Thanks for sharing the article, every car user shroud read it. You could be right that water pressure could be the reason, but I dont think water pressure could be too much in a filled subway to stop opening the door from inside. Yes it could be that much in other cases like dam, river etc.
nkumarblr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2019, 12:52   #149

Hello fellow BHPians.

This is my first post on this forum. This wonderful thread on Ford EcoSport and the ensuing yet informative discussion compelled me to be a part of this conversation. I would like to point out that i have been eagerly looking to buy a compact SUV with Automatic Transmission and my budget forces me to keep Ford's EcoSport as a top choice. However with Kia Seltos loaded with features & in the same price range i am having second thoughts. However I would like to share some information with you which i have gathered after my intensive research, phone calls and dealership visits over the past 1 week as to exactly what features have been removed from Titanium+ AT variant of the Ford EcoSport (and which were probably available until 2 months ago).

To get straight to the point, the features which have been REMOVED/NOT PRESENT in the Titanium+AT variant are (as per the *new & updated* brochure i got my hands onto at the Ford dealership):

-- Ford MyKey
-- Ford Emergency Call Assistance
-- Sync 3 feature with voice recognition
-- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
-- Sunroof (only available in Titanium+ MT, Thunder & S variant)

Features PRESENT/RETAINED in the Titanium+ AT variant:
-- All black interior with Leatherette seats
-- R16 alloy wheels
-- Multicolor Footwell Ambiente Lighting
-- Different drive modes like cruise control, Eco, Sport etc.
-- Safety features like HLA, ESC, EBA, TCS etc.

-- 8 inches screen (compared to 9 inches screen available in Tiatnium+ MT and all other lower variants). However do note that inspite of Ford's claims that the former has better touch-screen quality, i believe it would be of very limited utility once it loses the Sync 3 and apple car play features.

Now coming to the part which has confused a lot of people including me. The official brochure for EcoSport on Ford's India website clearly says something very different compared to the brochure shown to me and from which i have gathered the above info. I pointed out the discrepancy between the two brochures to the sales rep. and he said that there are "some mistakes" on the online version of the brochure which the company should "rectify in the due course of time". He assured me that the brochure which they had at the dealership is the latest one. I wanted to be doubly sure before before taking him for his word so i demanded that he double-check from a more credible source . He called up the Regional Sales Manager (RSM) who seem to have dittoed what the sales rep told me- "no big changes in the Titanium+ AT variant" (without elaborating on the availability of Sync 3/ carplay feature)

Still not entirely satisfied with the RSM's reply i took the contact number of one Mr. Sanjeev Tandon, VP of Ford-India in Gurgaon from the sales rep to have further clarity on this issue. Upon speaking to him, he appeared totally unaware as to the availability of the Sync 3 feature and then connected the phone to a different person who i believed was a RSM for that region. Now he said -"The cars in production for the Titanium+AT variant still have the Sync 3 feature with apple car play. There has been no decision to remove that feature from the Titanium+ AT variant whatsoever."

When i pointed towards the brochure on their website which says otherwise he said currently there all production models of the Titanium+ AT EcoSport have the sync 3 feature and come equipped with a 8.0" touch-screen.

However another user on this very thread had said that the newer Titanium+ AT variant lacks the Sync 3 and apple carplay feature. If that's the case then its a deal-breaker for me. Due to lack of any definitive clarification from Ford & conflicting reports on the same, i have put on hold my plans of booking the Ford EcoSport.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 9th July 2019 at 08:10. Reason: Removed extra lines from post.
TheSchwantz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2019, 15:40   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSchwantz View Post
Hello fellow BHPians.

I am in the same boat as yours. I was going through all the compact SUVs in the market and was more inclined towards Ecosport AT. I had to halt my plans as the features were deleted.

Yesterday, sales guy called me up to enquire about my decision and I bashed him saying companies go further to include connectivity features and Ford is deleting them. This is ridiculous and told him that the lack of sync3 and Apple CarPlay is a deal breaker plus no signs of BS6 or any development news from Ford is a big deal breaker. After telling him this he confirmed that the features are deleted and price reduced by some 50-60K. It is confirmed that the features are no more present.

Last edited by Eddy : 8th July 2019 at 16:08. Reason: Please do not quote a long post as it hampers readability
shravan2k2 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks