Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2019, 12:08   #181

Re: Ford deletes features from the EcoSport Titanium+ variant

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanth View Post
I have a feeling that he’d agree to bear the replacement of oil, lubricants, and other consumables that you wish to replace. Put him on hold for a couple of days and seal the deal when he offers you more.
I hope he does. Also the power windows in the rear seats were not working and the insulation under the bonnet was in a pretty bad shape. Rubber parts on wipers, windows, tyres etc. seemed fine though... as was the body paint. With regards to the power windows, it could have be an issue with the circuitry. I am planning to visit the yard later today to see what all things they have replaced and rectified. Would try to haggle for more, but i am hoping atleast they would replace the battery alongwith the A/C coolant without much resistance. Also i 100% agree with your last statement. I mean what in the world were the guys at Ford even thinking when they decided to remove CarPlay & Sync 3 feature altogether?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
Net discount of approx 75k on current ex- showroom price of 11,20,000. Actual discount seems a bit low for 12 month old car
I managed to take a look at the file yesterday which contained the ex-showroom price for the Titanium+ AT for different months. The showroom price for the car as quoted by the company when it arrived on 4th June 2018 was 11,37,000. To have a relative idea, the showroom price at which this car has been offered to me is approx 10,44,000. That is approx 93,000 less. However the current ex-showroom price is 11,20,000 up from 11,08,000 in the month june.

Quote:
If you are going ahead, consider getting insurance on your own since you can get it for much less than what the dealer quotes.
Thanks for the valuable pointer. Would definitely look into it going forward.
Quote:
Side question, what's the actual RTO amount?
The RTO amount in my city is INR 51,670 for a car with an ex-showroom price of INR 11,08,519.

Quote:
Also, is this on-road price ₹12,37,000 inclusive of the essential kit and the extended warranty till the 4th year?
The on-road price of INR 12,37,000 is inclusive of i.) RTO/Registration charges ii.) TCS at 1% and iii.) Comprehensive 3 year insurance.
Old 13th July 2019, 23:10   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSchwantz View Post
Also the power windows in the rear seats were not working and the insulation under the bonnet was in a pretty bad shape. Rubber parts on wipers, windows, tyres etc. seemed fine though... as was the body paint. With regards to the power windows, it could have be an issue with the circuitry.
That’s a lot to be taken care of, but none of them are deal-breakers when properly rectified/replaced. I come back to the point of negotiating a better deal. Whatever you pay from your pocket to replace/rectify these must also be added to the total price that you pay, so the total discount might not sound as good as it does now.

Quote:
Also i 100% agree with your last statement. I mean what in the world were the guys at Ford even thinking when they decided to remove CarPlay & Sync 3 feature altogether?
I can’t think of one convincing reason why they would’ve done that.

As SilentEngine mentioned, getting the insurance done from outside will let you save at least another 25k. But throw that at the SE after the discount figures have been arrived at.
pavanth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2019, 10:15   #183

Quote:
As SilentEngine mentioned, getting the insurance done from outside will let you save at least another 25k. But throw that at the SE after the discount figures have been arrived at.
I sealed the deal yesterday. I indeed saved close to 30,000 rupees by getting the insurance done from outside. Both the New India insurance and HDFC ergo are offering really cheap rates for comprehensive insurance schemes with all the major benefits.

Also the final price which has been agreed upon is INR 11,60,000 which includes i.) RTO/registration charges ii) 1% TCS iii) Comprehensive Insurance (1 yr OD & 3yr TP) iv) Additional 3rd and 4th year warranty v) Accessories worth 15,000.
Also i made it sure with the GM of the dealership that if i encounter any malfunction with the battery or any other component, that shall be replaced by Ford under the clause of warranty free of cost. Having insurance provides you with another layer of security. Though I hope it doesn't come down to that and the car runs trouble-free.
TheSchwantz is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th July 2019, 10:40   #184
BHPian

Quote:
I sealed the deal yesterday. I indeed saved close to 30,000 rupees by getting the insurance done from outside. Both the New India insurance and HDFC ergo are offering really cheap rates for comprehensive insurance schemes with all the major benefits.

Also the final price which has been agreed upon is INR 11,60,000 which includes i.) RTO/registration charges ii) 1% TCS iii) Comprehensive Insurance (1 yr OD & 3yr TP)
A quick question, in case we go for 1 year comprehensive and 3 year TP insurance buying it online at the time of purchase how do we go about purchasing the comprehensive cover from the second year onwards?
hydraulicsteer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2019, 11:55   #185
BHPian

Quote:
I sealed the deal yesterday. I indeed saved close to 30,000 rupees by getting the insurance done from outside...
Congratulations! Happy and safe motoring Which colour, by the way?

The deal looks good. Great that you’ve spoken to the GM directly to get his word. But try to get a written statement or an email confirmation, just in case.
pavanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2019, 10:20   #186

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydraulicsteer View Post
A quick question, in case we go for 1 year comprehensive and 3 year TP insurance buying it online at the time of purchase how do we go about purchasing the comprehensive cover from the second year onwards?
Good question. I overlooked this aspect completely as well and asked the same thing from my insurance agent. He said that for renewing the Own Damage (OD) coverage once your current one expires after 1 yr, all you need to do is buy the OD coverage separately which should not be more than 20-25% of the cost of your comprehensive coverage you bought earlier. When i pointed out that many insurance websites don't have the option to buy the OD coverage separately, he said that they simply extend the OD coverage on the same policy number for one more year and charge the premium accordingly for it. For that they will send the customer a secure link on the email through which they can proceed with the payment. Insurance companies operate in mysterious ways and are one of the few companies which make things unnecessarily complicated and obscure. Guess that's what suits their business. I suggest you speak to your insurance agent about it as well.

Quote:
Congratulations! Happy and safe motoring Which colour, by the way?

The deal looks good. Great that you’ve spoken to the GM directly to get his word. But try to get a written statement or an email confirmation, just in case.
Thanks for the wishes, Pavanth! The color is Canyon Ridge. Not a huge fan of that color but had no other option. That was the only Titanium Plus AT car lying with the dealership having all the connectivity features. I would have preferred Absolute Black or Moondust Silver however. I am thinking later down the line after i have got some scratches on it, i would definitely go for a re-paint with my preferred color.

And yes i spoke to him about it in detail. I think its Ford's policy to replace the engine oil, lubricants, etc. once after 2500 kms/ 3 months and then after 10,000 kms/ 1 year (whichever comes earlier). And both these servicings would be absolutely free.

Also i can't thank you and the others enough for their valuable advice and for guiding me all the way in making the right decisions. The team-BHP community is just awesome!
TheSchwantz is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th July 2019, 14:27   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the wishes, Pavanth! The color is Canyon Ridge. Not a huge fan of that color but had no other option. That was the only Titanium Plus AT car lying with the dealership having all the connectivity features. I would have preferred Absolute Black or Moondust Silver however. I am thinking later down the line after i have got some scratches on it, i would definitely go for a re-paint with my preferred color.
Canyon Ridge is a great colour, I’m sure it’ll grow on you soon. But I’m not impressed with the Canyon ridge-chrome combo. On the other hand, the canyon ridge-black combo is eye-catching. If you like it, you can wrap the grille and the roof in black. You may also replace the headlamp assembly to the blacked out version. Have a look at the Ecosport S for the colour reference.

Quote:
And yes i spoke to him about it in detail. I think its Ford's policy to replace the engine oil, lubricants, etc. once after 2500 kms/ 3 months and then after 10,000 kms/ 1 year (whichever comes earlier). And both these servicings would be absolutely free.
Do you mean that they will replace the consumables too free of cost? If yes, that’s really good.

Quote:
Also i can't thank you and the others enough for their valuable advice and for guiding me all the way in making the right decisions. The team-BHP community is just awesome!
You’re welcome!
True, this community is full of help! It helped me zero in on the Ecosport Ecoboost last month!
pavanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2019, 20:34   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydraulicsteer View Post
All this confusion is due to the Supreme court rule according to which all the insurers had to provide 3 years TP for private cars and 5 years TP for two wheelers compulsorily with new vehicles. However, 3 years comprehensive insurance cost was a deterrent for many and many bought 1 year OD and 3 year TP cover including myself.

However, IRDAI has now issued a circular which states that any insurer can sell OD (own damage) part of the insurance separately and you will be issued a policy containing only OD cover. However, to avail the same, one needs to show their valid TP cover policy before buying the OD cover only policy.
tp_dominator is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th July 2019, 14:59   #189
BHPian

Dear all,
Please find the link to a short survey that I have compiled, which I intend to use to gauge the market requirements and aspirations. It won’t take very long and it’d help me greatly. I also intend to go to a few manufacturers with the data acquired as a part of a proposal I wish to put forth major manufacturers. So please fill and forward to as many people as you can.

Note to mods: if this is inappropriate here, please remove it. Apologies in advance in such a case.

https://forms.gle/QwYA1PubMBXPa7pj7
bled_soul is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 22:05   #190
BHPian

No end to Ford’s feature deleting spree. Was looking at the EcoSport S variant and the Titanium+, today. Noticed that the rear seat squabs don’t tumble forward any more. Only the seat back can be folded down. So no more can you have a flat floor to store luggage
John is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th August 2019, 08:22   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
No end to Ford’s feature deleting spree. Was looking at the EcoSport S variant and the Titanium+, today. Noticed that the rear seat squabs don’t tumble forward any more. Only the seat back can be folded down. So no more can you have a flat floor to store luggage
With the cargo management system tray on the top rack in the boot, you will still get a flat floor with the rear seats folded.
Old 24th August 2019, 09:00   #192
BHPian

Well it’s sloping, not exactly flat and it loses on some storage volume. I wonder how much Ford saved by removing this feature?!! 😊
John is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2019, 12:38   #193

Not sure if accurate but a dealer is saying Ford will add Sync3 in the Titanium+ AT with the new batch shipping next week

Last edited by rcrossf : 7th October 2019 at 12:56.
Old 12th October 2019, 13:23   #194

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrossf View Post
Not sure if accurate but a dealer is saying Ford will add Sync3 in the Titanium+ AT with the new batch shipping next week
I checked. No Sync3. What's worse is Ford deleted leather seats too in favour of electric sunroom for Titanium+ AT, previously sunroof was there only in Titanium+ MT
Old 20th November 2019, 22:24   #195
Senior - BHPian

I was just browsing YouTube when I came across this video posted by BMC HD Videos, of a 2019 Ford Ecosport S Dual Tone delivery.

At around 2:42 time of the video, the alloys are clearly visible. Here is the screen grab of the same:

Ford deletes features from the EcoSport Titanium+ variant-alloy-new.jpg

Instantly I knew this looks different from the one's I have been drooling on the S model:

Ford deletes features from the EcoSport Titanium+ variant-alloy-old.jpg

Have the Ford now changed the rims on the Ecosport S model as well?

If yes, this looks horrible in comparison to the old one of the S model.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 20th November 2019 at 22:26.
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed