Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2019, 09:15   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: Ford deletes features from the EcoSport Titanium+ variant

Thank God we got FIL's Titanium+ AT home, before Ford did this!
Viju is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 31st May 2019, 09:46   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueeyed View Post
If the information I got is to be believed, Ford has deleted sync3, cruise control, Leather upholstery and ambient lighting from titanium plus models. The added features include a sunroof, and dual tone(black-biege) interiors.

If this is true, ford is really killing the variant IMHO. Sync3(EcoSport's USP) and cruise control are really important features at this price point.
The Titanium S variant will then be the only true top-end variant with all the features.
Yes so this is true. I really hoped that ford was smarter than this. For diesel lovers, titanium s has always been the true top variant, but for automatic buyers, or for the ones who prefer the 1.5NA over the ecoboost (like me), there’s no proper feature loaded ecosport top variant anymore; or there wouldn’t be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawhat View Post
I have lost count on the number of refreshes this facelift has had since launch in Nov 2017. My Titanium+ was delivered just after the first major reshuffle in June 2018. It lost on minor features like under seat storage but swapping 17 inch tyres with 16 inch'ers was a great move. Meanwhile it was a double whammy for Titanium and lower variant buyers as these variants lost Sync 3 HU and suffered a price increase.

Unfortunately the updates didn't end there. Most recently the information cluster was improved but the cargo management system was sacrificed. Frankly such frequent updates make it confusing for prospective buyers and dealers equally. Being the highest selling model in Ford lineup isn't exactly rewarding.
I was also under the impression that cargo management system has been removed but my car has it. Even the SA was shocked and he had no idea how it’s there. I confirmed the VIN and it’s an April manufactured car. And it does come with the updated MID.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viju View Post
Thank God we got FIL's Titanium+ AT home, before Ford did this!
I am feeling pretty much the same way. In a way, my car’s value will improve as it’ll be one of the few automatics with cargo management system, improved MID, sync 3 and cruise control all in the same package.
bled_soul is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2019, 10:12   #18
BHPian

A stupid move by Ford. "Why fix it if it ain't broken". The earlier variants were so good and offered value at least. Now, Ford is digging a grave for itself by killing their own bread and butter car with key features being deleted. EcoSport is the which brought them profits for all these years and they're surviving till date.
I hope someone from Ford management stumbles upon this page and brings back the good old sync 3, sliding armrest and cruise control.

On a serious note: All facelift EcoSport owners will be be having different versions of EcoSport to boast by saying that "My variant is a limited edition one with a feature added/omitted".
This is not a good trend set by Ford and maintaing the cat at the authorized service center will be a bit difficult because the technicians will be confused with the variety of variants in the EcoSport.
jithin23 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 31st May 2019, 11:01   #19
BHPian

Oh boy! I'll have to rethink now. I have to buy an AT CSUV in the next couple of months. As of now my priority was:

1. Ford EcoSport Titanium+ AT

2. Hyundai Venue 1.0 DCT SX+

Ford, penny wise pound foolish
ValarMorghulis is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 31st May 2019, 12:14   #20
BHPian

Not sure, why Ford is so sensitive regarding others and why they feel panic every time. For outgoing model of EcoSport, when Brezza was launched, Ford immediately declared price cut of INR 1 Lakh overnight, and many customers felt cheated who bought just before that announcement. Just couple of months before, after the XUV 300 launched, they modified features and added premium 'S' Instrument Cluster in lower trims of EcoSport.

But this time they are going to messed up everything. Since the facelift EcoSport launched in Nov'17, almost every alternate month a new version of EcoSport is getting launched. This simply shows that company does not believe in their own products, how will a customer believe them then.

When you plan to book an EcoSport, it seems a lucky draw, which will decide what features you will get at the time of delivery. Also one need to be ready to cancel the booking/delivery during/after the PDI, due to all these surprises.
nkumarblr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2019, 12:47   #21
Senior - BHPian

Rumour: Ford EcoSport Titanium+ to lose some features

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueeyed View Post
Airbags, traction control and other safety features are still present. But don't know if the changes are applicable to the AT variant as well.

Yes, I could locate one photo which appears to be a Titainum+ variant and we can see airbag label near B pillar for curtain airbags.

Cruise control buttons are missing from starting wheel.
Leather seat is gone.
Has dual tone interior.
Has sunroof.

Ford deletes features from the EcoSport Titanium+ variant-imageuploadedbyteambhp1559286859.266492.jpg
Photo source: same FB group, I am not able to link actual photo path from mobile.

Last edited by SilentEngine : 31st May 2019 at 13:11.
SilentEngine is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 31st May 2019, 13:56   #22
Senior - BHPian

Ford updates EcoSport line-up in India

Ford has updated its popular EcoSport SUV’s India line-up and will formally announce the prices in June 2019. The EcoSport had received an equipment update in March last year, which also included a reintroduction of the 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine option and a new EcoSport Signature edition.

Ford EcoSport Titanium+ will see a price reduction by around Rs 45,000-50,000, due to a long list of equipment that will be removed. Dealer sources tell us that the updated EcoSport Titanium+ will not come with cruise control, leather seats and Sync3 infotainment system; this means it will also miss out on Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. It will get a beige interior instead of black, a 9.0-inch FlyAudio infotainment system, sunroof and new side decals. This variant will continue to be sold with a 1.5-litre petrol (manual and automatic) and a 1.5-litre diesel engine (manual only).

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...n-india-412932

Last edited by RM Motorsports : 31st May 2019 at 13:57.
RM Motorsports is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2019, 16:35   #23
BHPian

The S variant comes with 17 inch wheels that had so many issues in past! Titanium plus was indeed excellent before with sync 3 and leather seats and peace of mind 16 inches wheel. Not sure how many people would like to have Sun roof instead of a better infotainment system. Personally don't like any variant in EcoSport now. Hope this will be case for many prospective buyers. Appears to be a move to increase venue sales!
vDragon3 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st May 2019, 16:57   #24
BHPian

Wasn't expecting this. Correct me if I'm wrong, this is the top end in AT variant, correct? It was just perfect as is. They are probably trying to make it cheaper than Venue or price on par to stay competitive.
Old 31st May 2019, 18:20   #25
Senior - BHPian

Ford India and knee jerk reactions go hand in hand, their cars are good, service is also fine but they always manage to botch up the car launch and further variant distribution. When the Ecosport was launched, they wasted no time in jacking up the prices only to drop it overnight when Brezza was launched. The freestyle with that strange dashboard shade on the top end takes the cake.

Then the updated Figo was launched but no one had an automatic in stock even if buyers wanted one, they slashed the prices within days of launch and now another knee jerk reaction after Venue's launch. They need to learn that giving beige interiors won't make the car sell like hot cakes, if that was the case, Aspire would have set the sales charts on fire. Ecosport has been well received by customers and they really do not need to mess up things here, learn Ford learn. These feature deletions would only confuse the buyers and make matters worse.
coolboy007 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st June 2019, 20:44   #26
BHPian

I booked a Ford EcoSport Titanium petrol recently. As soon as I heard that the feature deletion cycle is starting again, I held on to a March 2019 manufactured model and went through with the booking process immediately after doing a thorough PDI. I was eyeing the Lightning Blue colour but this development forced me to switch my colour choice to Smoke Grey, my wife liked the colour so I had no qualms about going about it. Even the showroom folks were aware of the rumours but they mentioned that they didn't have any clue about the changes as yet at least officially and it was creating problems for them as they could not commit to the variant features to a prospective customer and they would be the last to know in the process. Even my test drive vehicle was a titanium with Sync 3 but the car I am getting is completely different on the inside. At least I get the chrome rings and the larger MID so am happy and at peace with that. I don't want beige in my EcoSport, period.
sandx is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2019, 11:56   #27
Senior - BHPian

June 5 is the date when new variants and pricing will be announced.

Just cannot understand the stupidity of this decision, especially removing Sync3 in top variants. These days even entry level cars like Renault Kwid, Datsun Go come with Apple CarPlay/Android Auto and it's silly of Ford to remove these from a car costing 14L OTR.
SilentEngine is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2019, 13:14   #28
BHPian

Ford has been playing with the feature list of EcoSport unnecessarily, rather it was time to introduce a diesel Variant with an Automatic transmission, even Mahindra Xuv 300 is coming up with a diesel automatic pretty soon..

Last edited by Aafaq : 2nd June 2019 at 13:43. Reason: Typing error
Aafaq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2019, 13:40   #29
BHPian

Does Ford have a 4 year old for a Product Manager? This isn't the first time they are shooting themselves in their head, but if they continue might as well be the last time.
Old 3rd June 2019, 03:01   #30
BHPian

Removing SYNC3, Cruise control and adding sun roof???
That's removing 2 things I value in EcoSport and adding one thing I specifically do not want.
That's a triple whammy for me.

Titanium+ was the variant of my choice and I specifically didn't choose S diesel because of sun roof and 17 inch alloys.
Now,
Good bye Ford.

In case anyone from Ford management is reading this thread, reverse this stupidity immediately.
You are pushing your customers towards Hyundai Venue by your insane panicking.
Arwin07 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks