Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2019, 11:20   #31
Senior - BHPian

re: Ford deletes features from the EcoSport Titanium+ variant

Removing features when the competition has made a grand entry is beyond my understanding. They could have made it without reducing the pricing but by adding a sunroof out of their profit margins to make EcoSport more desirable among perspective buyers.

It is a stable and established product compared to Venue. Such move was not required that hints panic situation @ Ford.
i74js is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2019, 12:04   #32
Senior - BHPian

Rumour: Ford EcoSport Titanium+ to lose some features

Let's wait for two more days and see what other surprises are on offer!

I was browsing for some photos of updated interior and came across this article, which is in fact one of the earlier ones (may 22). Interestingly this appears to have different seat upholstery pattern and I am guessing the touchscreen looks like Sync3 in this picture. Also the instrument cluster doesn't have chrome rings. No idea what's this supposed to mean!

https://www.rushlane.com/2019-ford-e...11150.html/amp

Last edited by SilentEngine : 3rd June 2019 at 12:15.
SilentEngine is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2019, 21:33   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
Let's wait for two more days and see what other surprises are on offer!

I was browsing for some photos of updated interior and came across this article, which is in fact one of the earlier ones (may 22). Interestingly this appears to have different seat upholstery pattern and I am guessing the touchscreen looks like Sync3 in this picture. Also the instrument cluster doesn't have chrome rings. No idea what's this supposed to mean!
This particular picture was one of the pre-production/test model of the thunder edition based on a titanium variant. You can see the old alloy wheel design and front bumper lower part/skid plate(both are different on later spied production ready thunder edition).The owner himself have claimed this on a facebook post, which i have seen and said he brought the car from the factory through an auction.
blueeyed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2019, 16:23   #34
Senior - BHPian

Ford EcoSport Thunder launched at Rs 10.18 lakh

Ford India has officially introduced a new variant – the Thunder – to its EcoSport line-up and has reduced prices of all other variants of the compact SUV; prices now start at Rs 7.69 lakh and goes up to Rs 11.33 lakh.

Coming to the Thunder variant, it is technically a replacement for the now defunct Signature trim and is priced at Rs 10.18 lakh for the petrol model and Rs 10.68 lakh for the diesel.

While the EcoSport Thunder looks nearly identical to higher-spec variants of the compact SUV, it also gets dark inserts on the headlamp cluster, blacked-out fog lamp bezels, grille and wing mirrors, new 17-inch alloy wheels, a dual-tone bonnet, and decals on the doors.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...18-lakh-412978
Old 4th June 2019, 16:26   #35
Senior - BHPian

Updated brochure for new variants:

https://www.india.ford.com/content/d...019-Mobile.pdf

As expected, biggest loser is Titanium+ AT. Those who want MT can still get the S variants at reduced price with all features on offer.

Bye bye Ford, you lost a potential customer.

Last edited by SilentEngine : 4th June 2019 at 16:41.
SilentEngine is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2019, 16:40   #36
Senior - BHPian

So from what I understand, Trend Plus and Signature edition are gone. Also, Ford calls Thunder a limited edition but dealers say its a permenant replacement for Signature.
Old 4th June 2019, 17:03   #37
BHPian

New prices.
Source: Autocar India
Attached Thumbnails
Ford deletes features from the EcoSport Titanium+ variant-screenshot_20190604163856356_com.android.chrome.png  

knightrider_7 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th June 2019, 17:22   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
Coming to the Thunder variant, it is technically a replacement for the now defunct Signature trim and is priced at Rs 10.18 lakh for the petrol model and Rs 10.68 lakh for the diesel.
Thunder seems to be missing on the safety package --- EBA, ESC, TCS, HLA, that Signature had. Ford seems to have taken a trick from FMCG majors --- reduce a 950g pack of Boost to 835g and also reduce the MRP, leaving you totally confused, standing in a crooked busy alley, trying to figure out how much is the price reduction, if any.

Word for Ford and other manufacturers --- do not cut on things that we cannot retrofit. I can get dark inserts on the fog lamp, or a black roof in the market, but not leather on seats with Airbags, or a better ICE system without issues with warranty.

One good thing though, they seem to have reduced the price on the S variant (to match Venue SXO, or am I missing something?), and reduced the wheels to 16 inchers.
2cents is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2019, 17:24   #39
Senior - BHPian

So the Trend+ AT is gone? No automatic option under 10L?

Surely not going to suggest the EcoSport to anybody who comes for suggestion to me. The flexibility with the pricing and features make for a terrible experience buying the car.

Thank you Ford for nothing.

Last edited by SchumiFan : 4th June 2019 at 17:32.
SchumiFan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th June 2019, 18:11   #40
BHPian

Just checked the official website which says the Titanium+AT has both Cruise control and Sync3 as well... Starting price mentioned is also Rs.11,08,000.
What is missing compared to previous editions?
Old 4th June 2019, 18:32   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
Just checked the official website which says the Titanium+AT has both Cruise control and Sync3 as well... Starting price mentioned is also Rs.11,08,000.
What is missing compared to previous editions?
The latest brochure shows Sync 3 and Cruise control removed from Titanium Plus. Website might not have been updated yet
FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2019, 19:20   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vDragon3 View Post
The S variant comes with 17 inch wheels that had so many issues in past! Titanium plus was indeed excellent before with sync 3 and leather seats and peace of mind 16 inches wheel. Not sure how many people would like to have Sun roof instead of a better infotainment system. Personally don't like any variant in EcoSport now. Hope this will be case for many prospective buyers. Appears to be a move to increase venue sales!
Looks like Ford has learnt its lesson. The official brochure of the Ecosport S now shows 16 inch wheels.
jayram.r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2019, 19:25   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoOfTheShire View Post
The latest brochure shows Sync 3 and Cruise control removed from Titanium Plus. Website might not have been updated yet
You are correct. Just downloaded the brochure which showed the following features missing:
1. Sync3
2. Cruise control
3. Ford MyKey
4. Emergency Assistance
5. Folding grab handles with coat hooks
6. CarPlay & Android Auto
7. Footwell ambient lighting
8. Type pressure monitoring system
Surprisingly all these are present only in the 1.0 S MT model.

Bye bye Ford Ecosport Titatnium+AT. As much as I wanted to get you, you seem to be only a figment of my imagination.
Great job Ford India guys! You saved 30k from the model to lose 14.1lakhs.

Sheeh
ValarMorghulis is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 4th June 2019, 19:50   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
Great job Ford India guys! You saved 30k from the model to lose 14.1lakhs.

Funny thing is, in a way Ford has pushed prospective Titanium+ AT buyers towards Hyundai by removing some key features. Most would end up buying a Venue or even i20 if feature rich AT is what one wants. Ecosport AT still scores over Venue DCT in terms of safety because of additional airbags, but it's value proposition fell down big time with loss of cruise control and Sync 3.

Whole point of the exercise seems to be to somehow fit a sunroof and then remove other features to balance the price. After this stupidity, I seriously doubt why anybody would buy Titanium+ AT at all.
SilentEngine is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2019, 20:23   #45
BHPian

For a true Ford fan, this stupidity pains a lot. If you cannot play to your strengths what are you going to gain in the end. By the time they realize the mistake, good days might well be long gone. I hope I am proven wrong. Dear Ford, give us something to cheer by launching the AWD EcoSport.
ask_017 is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed