Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2019, 15:23   #121
BHPian

Re: Ford deletes features from the EcoSport Titanium+ variant

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopalnt View Post
I gave my EcoSport for 20000 KM service. When I got the car back, I noticed that Auto Door Lock feature has been enabled. The door locks when the car reaches 20km/hr speed. I am sure it was not there before. I had to manually lock the doors everytime. I checked the vehicle settings for any new feature enhancement but couldn't see anything.

I called the Service Manager and asked him what are the other ECM changes were done. He said he has no clue how this itself was done so he knew nothing of other changes. I also asked how come I was not informed beforehand when such changes were being done and again he was blank. I hope something that was available already has not been removed or changed.
UPDATE: While giving the car for service, I had mentioned that the seat belt reminder alarm stops working when the car has a jerk, for example going through a pothole. The service manager now says that they had updated some software to address the above issue and the Auto Door Lock could have been enabled by that software. I am still not sure if that could be true. Why should a bug fix add some other feature?
Old 29th June 2019, 15:26   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithin23 View Post
For the facelift, the lock function is present in the MID to lock, unlock, to enable/disable auto lock and mislock. In pre-facelift, the doors get auto locked at 20km/h
I bought the car in December 2017 and it didn't have the Auto Door Lock feature.
Old 29th June 2019, 16:16   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopalnt View Post
I bought the car in December 2017 and it didn't have the Auto Door Lock feature.
Tell your service centre to update it and the updated option will appear on the MID after the FDRS update is done.
Old 29th June 2019, 16:36   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoOfTheShire View Post
Why would someone want to disable the auto lock feature? Or am I missing something? When the facelift EcoSport was launched without this feature, many owners complained since they were used to this feature in other cars and hence always forgot to manually lock their cars once they started driving. This feature was later enabled by Ford through BCM update for existing owners and then came enabled from factory for new EcoSports
My bad. I misunderstood the post. Too less coffee on a friday evening.
I am not a huge fan of autolock because of an accident that my close friend underwent about 15 years ago. The door locks didnt unlock by themselves (after an autolock) after a roll over and his family was left inside the car for about 10 minutes before someone came to their rescue.
And in Europe, the autolock feature is not strictly illegal, but it is not a standard feature of any cars that I have driven. This is to make rescue operations, in case of an accident, easier. The doors wont open if you are inside the car and you simple push against the door. Unless you pull the knob. So an unlocked car, is as safe as a locked car, and also makes the worst case, a little worse than it really is.

VaidhiR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2019, 17:03   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaidhiR View Post
I am not a huge fan of autolock because of an accident that my close friend underwent about 15 years ago. The door locks didnt unlock by themselves (after an autolock) after a roll over and his family was left inside the car for about 10 minutes before someone came to their rescue.
I am glad you brought this up. Well, the facelift EcoSport has this feature where even if you lock the doors (either manually or through auto lock), anyone from inside the car can still open the doors by pulling the handle. That feature was heavily criticised by many EcoSport owners, terming it unsafe (as in someone might unwittingly open the doors from inside in the moving car). But it was actually put in place just to avoid the exact scenario you mentioned, so that someone in a crash can still get out of the car. Also, the EcoSport has crash unlocking system where doors unlock for outsiders with the lights flashing, so that rescuers can open the doors easily. So I feel Ford has really thought this through!
FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th June 2019, 17:28   #126
BHPian

Quote:
I am glad you brought this up. Well, the facelift EcoSport has this feature where even if you lock the doors (either manually or through auto lock), anyone from inside the car can still open the doors by pulling the handle. That feature was heavily criticised by many EcoSport owners, terming it unsafe (as in someone might unwittingly open the doors from inside in the moving car). But it was actually put in place just to avoid the exact scenario you mentioned, so that someone in a crash can still get out of the car. Also, the EcoSport has crash unlocking system where doors unlock for outsiders with the lights flashing, so that rescuers can open the doors easily. So I feel Ford has really thought this through!

Oh thats nice. How old is the facelift Ecosport? Is it the latest one?

But the locks stay locked when the vehicle during normal movement? And only unlock themselves after an accident? Or have I got that part mixed.

Old 29th June 2019, 17:44   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaidhiR View Post
Oh thats nice. How old is the facelift Ecosport? Is it the latest one?

But the locks stay locked when the vehicle during normal movement? And only unlock themselves after an accident? Or have I got that part mixed.
The facelift came out late 2017. Its the latest one until Ford brings the next generation in a year or two.

Basically the locks are meant to keep outsiders from getting in. Occupants can still open the doors even when its locked. So children should ideally be seated in the rear with child locks enabled on the rear doors, in which case they can't open the doors accidentally by pulling the handle. And in event of a crash the doors unlock for the outsiders to get in.
FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2019, 18:25   #128

Ford seems to be on some kind of self-destructive streak. Deleting features from the highest selling car in their line-up is so counter-productive. If you look at it, AT customers were ready to pay the old price for the car as convenience matter to AT petrol buyers in this segment. Deleting such an important feature (Sync 3) will definitely move customers away from the car. And it won't be fulfilled by additional customers coming in due to a slightly reduced price. Bad decision, no mater how Ford looks at it.

I was seriously considering Ecosport AT to complement my Fiesta, but alas, it seems I will be forced to shop somewhere else. This would have been by third Ford.
HVSC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2019, 10:17   #129
BHPian

Taking SYnc3 away from Titanium+AT is a deal breaker for me. Sigh.
Will have to check out Venue DCT now...

ValarMorghulis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2019, 11:04   #130
Senior - BHPian

Ford deletes features from the EcoSport Titanium+ variant

I have a question on how the car will be invoiced when then ex showroom price has changed (reduced in this case) but one is buying a model with previous pricing.

Titanium+ AT ex showroom price is 11,08,000 at the moment.
There's a model with earlier month, when the ex showroom was 11,36,700.

If one were to buy this old model now, what will be the price applicable for invoicing and road tax purposes? Dealer is insisting that earlier price will apply. I some how find that odd. Any ideas?
Old 1st July 2019, 14:10   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
If one were to buy this old model now, what will be the price applicable for invoicing and road tax purposes? Dealer is insisting that earlier price will apply. I some how find that odd. Any ideas?
The price is applicable at the time of delivery/invoicing.
We have numerous cases where delivery of the vehicle after a wait for X weeks, the price is revised and new rates are applicable because its the invoicing time rate that is applicable.
Kindly do not entertain any request from Dealer to NOT reduce the rate. Walk out of the deal, if the need be.
Cooltronics is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2019, 14:16   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The facelift came out late 2017. Its the latest one until Ford brings the next generation in a year or two.

Basically the locks are meant to keep outsiders from getting in. Occupants can still open the doors even when its locked. So children should ideally be seated in the rear with child locks enabled on the rear doors, in which case they can't open the doors accidentally by pulling the handle. And in event of a crash the doors unlock for the outsiders to get in.
Is this feature speed based?
Can the door be opened by occupants if the car is above a certain speed? I know the boot doesn't open after a certain speed on my Aspire. I think the doors should have the same logic.
Old 1st July 2019, 14:16   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltronics View Post
We have numerous cases where delivery of the vehicle after a wait for X weeks, the price is revised and new rates are applicable because its the invoicing time rate that is applicable.
Kindly do not entertain any request from Dealer to NOT reduce the rate. Walk out of the deal, if the need be.
Agreed with Cooltronics. Infact on another day, the same dealer would be running after customers, pressuring them to buy the car at the earliest because prices would increase from next month. Now that the prices have reduced for a change, they're playing hard to get!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Is this feature speed based?
Can the door be opened by occupants if the car is above a certain speed? I know the boot doesn't open after a certain speed on my Aspire. I think the doors should have the same logic.
The doors lock automatically once the speed reaches 20 kmph. To be honest, neither I nor anyone else who sat in my car have tried opening the doors once its moving, but once the car comes to a standstill, occupants are able to open the doors from inside but not from outside. BTW, how were you able to test that the boot doesn't open after a certain speed?!

Last edited by FrodoOfTheShire : 1st July 2019 at 14:26. Reason: Adding another reply
FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2019, 15:08   #134
BHPian

Quote:
BTW, how were you able to test that the boot doesn't open after a certain speed?!
I think many cars or at least most Ford cars have this. On the Figo the hatch cannot be opened using the release button inside till the car speed reduces below 5kmph. Its mentioned in the manual as well.
Name:  Figo_Hatch_release_warning.PNG
Views: 2648
Size:  25.6 KB

In my experience, there is a slight delay before locking till the car detects that the speed is below 5kmph and hence it takes about a second after coming to a complete stop for the hatch release button to work.
arijitkanrar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2019, 15:22   #135
Senior - BHPian

Ford deletes features from the EcoSport Titanium+ variant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltronics View Post

Quote:
Agreed with Cooltronics.

I agree with both of you, because that's the general practice.

However in this case, older car happens to have more features than the new one, all because of feature goof-up by Ford!

I had refused to go ahead with the new car allotted to me which didn't have Sync3 and related features. Then he managed to get a few month old model (Feb make) from another city as per him. This topic came up during discussion of cash discount, and he is calculating discounts on top of old price which doesn't make sense to me.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks