Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2019, 14:16   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
Actually it did. I checked the website after this hoopla on new EcoSport and found Sync3 and cruise control missing from Titanium+AT along with other features too. I think Ford India is updating the webpage with AT details. As of now, no AT variant is listed.

Correct. AT variant is missing in the website. It lists only 12 variants now. What I was talking about was the individual model pages or compare models section where it continues to show Sync3 for Titanium+ for example, which is no longer correct.

Ford deletes features from the EcoSport Titanium+ variant-imageuploadedbyteambhp1559983413.345278.jpg
Old 12th June 2019, 08:43   #77
BHPian

re: Ford deletes features from the EcoSport Titanium+ variant

The latest brochure now reflects that the AT retains its features and its only the Titanium Plus manual that loses features with addition of the sunroof

Ford deletes features from the EcoSport Titanium+ variant-screenshot_20190612083745.png

Here's the latest brochure -
[ATTACH=Brochure-Ford-Ecosport-2019-Mobile (1).pdf]1884137[/ATTACH]

Note to Mods: Can we have the thread title updated to reflect this?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Brochure-Ford-Ecosport-2019-Mobile (1).pdf (2.77 MB, 775 views)
FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th June 2019, 09:17   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

The T+ automatic is still missing out on sunroof and TPMS, both of which are offered on the S. Also, it makes do with 6J alloys, while the S gets 6.5J (tire size is same on both). Ford really needs to get these little things right and make the Titanium+ AT a true top end variant in face of competition as well as it's own siblings.
Old 12th June 2019, 09:48   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoOfTheShire View Post
The latest brochure now reflects that the AT retains its features and its only the Titanium Plus manual that loses features with addition of the sunroof

Attachment 1884136

Here's the latest brochure -
[ATTACH=Brochure-Ford-Ecosport-2019-Mobile (1).pdf]1884137[/ATTACH]
Has Ford changed the alloy wheels size on S variant to 16 inches? Brochure says so. Hope it is not a misprint and those beautiful alloys are now available as 16” after all those 17” fiascos.
Old 12th June 2019, 09:52   #80
Team-BHP Support

Ok all is not lost. The good thing is that they retained all the good features on the Titanium+ Automatic.

The Titanium+ manual I don't think contributes to sales so this feature removal might help cause the prices come slightly down.

What I am unable to understand is why didn't they just add the sunroof to the Titanium+ Automatic? That would have been more logical cause anyone wanting a sunroof still has the manual S variant but anyone wanting to get an Automatic still has no choice.

If you want a sunroof you can get one in S or in new Titanium + but you're out of luck if you want a sunroof and auto box.
Vid6639 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th June 2019, 11:46   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydraulicsteer View Post
Has Ford changed the alloy wheels size on S variant to 16 inches? Brochure says so. Hope it is not a misprint and those beautiful alloys are now available as 16” after all those 17” fiascos.

Yes. S variant comes with R16 now instead of R17, but I am not sure about the alloy designs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
What I am unable to understand is why didn't they just add the sunroof to the Titanium+ Automatic? That would have been more logical cause anyone wanting a sunroof still has the manual S variant but anyone wanting to get an Automatic still has no choice.

If you want a sunroof you can get one in S or in new Titanium + but you're out of luck if you want a sunroof and auto box.

Would have been nice if they had added sunroof, but it's the increase in cost which probably stopped them from doing this. It's not just Ford, all manufacturers shy away from providing all features to all engine/transmission options, and usually the AT buyers are at the receiving end of these decisions. In that context, I am happy that at least Ford realized the mistake and left Titanium+ AT as is and rolled back the feature dilution on AT. Given a choice between Cruise control+Sync 3 vs Sunroof, I would take the former any day.

Titanium+ AT misses out on sunroof and TPMS among the list of features, which is ok to live with.

I have already booked my Titanium+ AT last Sunday, and relieved to finally see updated brochure on the website.
SilentEngine is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th June 2019, 12:54   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
Yes. S variant comes with R16 now instead of R17, but I am not sure about the alloy designs.
Finally spotted the new R16 alloys for Ecosport S on Ford's website.End to the R17 fiasco.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford deletes features from the EcoSport Titanium+ variant-1526394661461.jpg  

Ford deletes features from the EcoSport Titanium+ variant-1526394630710.jpg  

Ford deletes features from the EcoSport Titanium+ variant-1526394693858.jpg  

hydraulicsteer is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th June 2019, 13:07   #83
BHPian

New 16” Titanium S alloys wheels.

Source: FB group.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford deletes features from the EcoSport Titanium+ variant-2ff934a19e8c459c94d2a56f1ffa575a.jpeg  

Ford deletes features from the EcoSport Titanium+ variant-36761799d3754b4588f26c52a81757bb.jpeg  

hydraulicsteer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2019, 13:38   #84
BHPian

Confusion masters of Ford at it again. Sync 3 doesn't seem to be part of Titanium+ fleet entirely although the 9 inch touchscreen without CarPlay or Andoid Auto support is listed as MT only. Wonder what the T+ AT buyers will get
Ford deletes features from the EcoSport Titanium+ variant-screen-shot-20190624-1.30.44-pm.png
strawhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2019, 15:41   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawhat View Post
Confusion masters of Ford at it again. Sync 3 doesn't seem to be part of Titanium+ fleet entirely although the 9 inch touchscreen without CarPlay or Andoid Auto support is listed as MT only. Wonder what the T+ AT buyers will get
Attachment 1887402
Feature wise the only variant that now makes sense and is VFM is the Titanium S.Ford please, those dual tone beige interiors doesn’t suit the ES at all.
Old 24th June 2019, 15:52   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 1887402
Titanium+ AT remains the same as earlier, so it retains Sync 3.
fiat_tarun is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2019, 15:59   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Titanium+ AT remains the same as earlier, so it retains Sync 3.
Thanks for this info, Tarun... could you please let me know how certain you are with the above statement, and where you got the info from? The latest brochure seems to indicate that Sync3 is only on MT Titanium+ and S, but not in the AT.

I don't want to book a car and realize while taking delivery that it doesn't have Sync3. So, please help.
Old 24th June 2019, 16:20   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisrujan View Post
Thanks for this info, Tarun... could you please let me know how certain you are with the above statement, and where you got the info from? The latest brochure seems to indicate that Sync3 is only on MT Titanium+ and S, but not in the AT.....
There was a letter issued to the dealers regarding this posted a few pages earlier (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4600521)

The brochure snapshot posted above says MT only for the 9" fly audio. It sure isn't clear since they haven't mentioned which system the AT has. What does the dealer say?

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 24th June 2019 at 16:21.
Old 24th June 2019, 16:32   #89
Senior - BHPian

Ford EcoSport Titanium+ loses some features. EDIT: Only on the manual variant

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
There was a letter issued to the dealers regarding this posted a few pages earlier (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4600521)

The brochure snapshot posted above says MT only for the 9" fly audio. It sure isn't clear since they haven't mentioned which system the AT has. What does the dealer say?

That clarification is now couple of weeks old, which is a loooong time in Ford timeline! They are busy changing features by the day! As if they have nothing else to do other than updating brochures! Or they have run out of stocks of Sync 3 units!

Somebody posted brochure from couple of weeks back which clearly mentioned that AT had Sync3. Obviously they have updated brochure again to remove this line.

I have a soft copy of 2-week old brochure, see attached imageFord deletes features from the EcoSport Titanium+ variant-imageuploadedbyteambhp1561374167.165973.jpg

Quote:

I don't want to book a car and realize while taking delivery that it doesn't have Sync3. So, please help.

Right now it's like a lottery. I only wonder what happens to unsuspecting buyers who don't pay attention to details. For a layman both Sync3 and FlyAudio look similar.

As I mentioned in other thread, I have already booked and waiting for some update from dealer on this. Dealer is behind me for clearing full payment and proceed with registration. Obviously I need to see the car myself before transferring any more money.

Last edited by SilentEngine : 24th June 2019 at 16:46.
SilentEngine is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th June 2019, 16:36   #90
BHPian

Quote:
The latest brochure seems to indicate that Sync3 is only on MT Titanium+ and S, but not in the AT.
See the snip of brochure attached by Strawhat a few posts above. Titanium+ MT looses Sync3 and gets the head unit of Trend and Ambient. Titanium+ AT does not get either one although it has FM/AM audio, Bluetooth handsfree, speakers etc.
IMHO, Ford has goofed up in the brochure and Titanium+ AT retains Sync3 as suggested by few other members.

Quote:
Sync 3 doesn't seem to be part of Titanium+ fleet entirely although the 9 inch touchscreen without CarPlay or Andoid Auto support is listed as MT only. Wonder what the T+ AT buyers will get

Most Viewed