Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2019, 22:54   #166

Re: Ford deletes features from the EcoSport Titanium+ variant

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoOfTheShire View Post
Whoa man! This is like discovering a long lost treasure! People would kill for it. Grab it!
Thank you so much Frodo. In every sense of the word it is. All thanks to Ford's ludicrous decisions of cutting down on features without taking into account the popular public opinion.

The only downside i can see so far is its color. I prefer black but it comes in a dull orange. Not even close. I think i will have to bear with it as i dont have a choice.

I would be visiting the yard tomorrow morning. Looking forward to have fruitful negotiations with their sales department. Would keep you guys posted!

Last edited by khan_sultan : 12th July 2019 at 18:16. Reason: line spacing
TheSchwantz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2019, 22:58   #167
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSchwantz View Post
I would highly appreciate some valuable advice in this regard.
You might find some pointers here

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buyin...ring-date.html (ARTICLE: Buying a New car with an Older manufacturing date)
Eddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2019, 23:17   #168
BHPian

Quote:
My question- is it safe to go for a car which has been lying around for 8 months, loaded with features but with no takers? What all things i should be wary of and check before committing to buying that car?

Just to add to the other replies, please check that the tyres haven't lost their shape. Take a test drive at low speed on a smooth flat road.

Hopefully no unwanted pests have taken up residence and chewed up any wires etc.

I'm not a fan of automatic gears, but if I were, I'd probably seriously consider grabbing a deal like this. All the best on your decision.
marutifan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2019, 08:26   #169

Awesome! I couldn't have asked for anything better! This is exactly what i needed.

Many thanks for the link
Old 11th July 2019, 09:26   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Awesome! I couldn't have asked for anything better! This is exactly what i needed.

Many thanks for the link
Have you considered going for a < 1 year old used car? You would save more!
pseudo_coder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2019, 00:25   #171
BHPian

Quote:
-- I also couldn't find a Hill Launch Assist (HLA) button after putting in much effort. If it is indeed not there then Ford surely are not doing themselves or the customers any
Hey, I just bought a June manufactured EcoSport S and I can confirm that there is no dedicated HLA button on the dash, but it’s included in the MID. And it’s turned on by default. I don’t know if there used to be a dedicated physical button, but there isn’t anymore.

Also, stick to the TeamBHP’s pointers, and you’re good to go! You’re grabbing a great deal, but it won’t hurt to ask for more(it’s been lying without love for 8 months, I’m sure that the dealer would be desperate to get rid of the car before it ages more). Negotiate further, he will oblige.

Just to let you know, I was offered a 11 months old EcoSport S at a 1 lakh cash discount(+10k accessories) over the revised/reduced prices. I didn’t take the offer because it came with the notorious Ecopias and low profile tires that don’t really help the already stiffer ride the EcoSport provides.
pavanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2019, 10:19   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
-- I also couldn't find a Hill Launch Assist (HLA) button after putting in much effort. If it is indeed not there then Ford surely are not doing themselves or the customers any favor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanth View Post
Hey, I just bought a June manufactured EcoSport S and I can confirm that there is no dedicated HLA button on the dash, but it’s included in the MID. And it’s turned on by default. I don’t know if there used to be a dedicated physical button, but there isn’t anymore.

Hill Launch Assist is part of the ESP system and never had a separate button. There is a on/off toggle under Vehicle Settings --> Driver Assistance in the MID.

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 12th July 2019 at 10:21.
fiat_tarun is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th July 2019, 17:53   #173

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Hill Launch Assist is part of the ESP system and never had a separate button.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanth View Post
I can confirm that there is no dedicated HLA button on the dash.
Thanks to both Pavanth and Fiat_tarun for clarifying this. I never owned a car before with the Hill Launch Assist (HLA) so was under the misconception that it would have a separate button just like the Traction Control System (TCS) or Cruise Control available in some cars. It is now clear that both these features on the Ford EcoSport can be controlled using the MID.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoOfTheShire View Post
Whoa man! This is like discovering a long lost treasure! People would kill for it. Grab it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by somspaple View Post
Yes it would make sense to go for this considering you are getting better features and there is discount. Only point is - haggle for more discounts and buy only if financial gain is significant for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marutifan View Post
I'd probably seriously consider grabbing a deal like this. All the best on your decision.
I have finished thoroughly checking and test driving the car lying at the yard. Unfortunately the car is not 8 months old as was earlier told to me by one of the dealership's SA. It is actually over an year old and as per their records they received the car in their showroom on 4th June, 2018. However after my inspection and test-driving it i can say that the car is in pretty good condition.

Now before going into the inspection, i would like to share some pricing details of the car which has been offered to me with you guys.

The final on-road price for over an year old Ford EcoSport Titanium+ AT quoted to me is 11,60,000. Now this includes 1.) RTO/Registration fees, 2.) Comprehensive 3 year insurance and 3.) 1% TCS.

Together, the above three amount to INR 1,15,677 bringing the ex-showroom price for the car at INR 10,44,323. Note that I am not getting any extra accessories (scruff plate, sun blinds etc.) or the essential kit (mud flaps, floor mat, trunk mat) in that price.

I have not yet committed to the deal as i am not sure if i am being offered a fair deal. I want to put this out to you guys out there- Should i go ahead with this deal or should i walk away from the deal considering they are offering a car which is more than a year old at a showroom price of INR 10,44,323?

I am sorry if i am being naive or sound amateurish for posting the pricing details offered to me on the internet and asking your advise on it. But this is the first time i am buying a yard-aged car and have no prior experience of dealing with this.

I tried hard to persuade them to include the Optional 3rd and 4th year warranty with RSA (worth INR 15,000) in that amount but they didn't budge. They say this the least they can come down to (after quoting 11,90,000 earlier)

Your honest inputs and advice on this would be highly appreciated.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 12th July 2019 at 18:16. Reason: line spacing
TheSchwantz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2019, 19:50   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Your honest inputs and advice on this would be highly appreciated.
What is the total price difference when compared On Road price of current gen car vs your deal? If it's over 1 lac - personally I would consider [around 10% of the vehicle value].

Also, keep in mind all the fluid/battery changes that you would have to make to the car . If they don't agree for these changes after all the haggle on the price, I would suggest you pay from your pocket for changes as these are essential. Added to it - I would suggest you to change the tyres as well. I 'upgraded' tyres on my car on the day of delivery [Unused tyres deteriorate - especially when exposed to elements].

Factor in all these costs and see if it makes sense financially for you to go for this offer [also the trade-off in features].

Last edited by somspaple : 12th July 2019 at 19:52.
somspaple is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th July 2019, 20:16   #175
BHPian

Quote:
The final on-road price for over an year old Ford EcoSport Titanium+ AT quoted to me is 11,60,000. Now this includes 1.) RTO/Registration fees, 2.) Comprehensive 3 year insurance and 3.) 1% TCS.

Together, the above three amount to INR 1,15,677 bringing the ex-showroom price for the car at INR 10,44,323. Note that I am not getting any extra accessories (scruff plate, sun blinds etc.) or the essential kit (mud flaps, floor mat, trunk mat) in that price.

I have not yet committed to the deal as i am not sure if i am being offered a fair deal. I want to put this out to you guys out there- Should i go ahead with this deal or should i walk away from the deal considering they are offering a car which is more than a year old at a showroom price of INR 10,44,323?

Present Titanium AT is somewhere around 13Lakhs on-road and you quoted Rs. 11,60,000 with missing features, if you find the car mechanically sound, then I say go for it.

Last edited by sandhyab : 12th July 2019 at 20:44.
sandhyab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2019, 20:51   #176

Quote:
Originally Posted by somspaple View Post
What is the total price difference when compared On Road price of current gen car vs your deal? If it's over 1 lac - personally I would consider [around 10% of the vehicle value].
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhyab View Post
Present Titanium AT is somewhere around 13Lakhs with missing features, if you find the car mechanically sound, then I say go for it.
The on-road price of current gen Titanium+ AT quoted to me was 12,37,000 (after the price drop in June). But they lack the connectivity features which currently all other cars in this price range offer, including the previous lot of Titanium+ AT cars. (e.g, Sync 3, voice recognition, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, a good quality touch screen etc.) Paying upwards of 10 lacs and then not get these features is frustrating in my opinion.

As things stand and for what its worth, just for connectivity features not only i'd be paying 11,60,000 for a car which is over an year old...but also dole out somewhere around 20,000-25,000 rupees on top of that for changing the oil, lubricants, coolant, tyres, battery etc. (if the PDI doesn't deem those worthy of being replaced before delivery)

Also i had made an elaborate check-list before going to inspect the car. I checked all i could. From A/C, to all the lights and displays, engine noise, any misalignment of the suspension (sagging to one side), rubber parts etc. Test-drove it close to 3 kms to check for any abnormal engine noise, braking issues, gear box anomalies etc. Then compared it with a brand new Titanium + AT (test drove it as well) to see for any discrepancy or difference between the two.

I couldn't find any glaring issue but nonetheless asked the PDI to ensure that all the fluids and battery are replaced with the new ones. However I am not sure if they would be too eager to honor those commitments as they would want to save as much as they could, after agreeing to a concession of 77,000 rupees.
All of your inputs and advise has been immensely helpful. I couldn't thank you guys enough for your valuable guidance and suggestions in this regard.

Last edited by TheSchwantz : 12th July 2019 at 21:18.
Old 12th July 2019, 21:07   #177
BHPian

Quote:
As things stand and for what its worth, just for connectivity features not only i'd be paying 11,60,000 for a car which is over an year old...but also dole out somewhere around 20,000-25,000 rupees on top of that for changing the oil, lubricants, coolant, tyres, battery etc. (if the PDI doesn't deem those worthy of being replaced before delivery)

Sorry didnt know of the price reduction. In that case as you rightly said, Rs. 77000 is simply not worth going for more than a year old car. As u/somspaple said, go for it only if you see a benefit of atleast 10%.

Infact since you are considering a yard aged car anyways, why not look at the used car market. I am sure you will get some very good 1-2 yr old cars at lucrative prices.
Old 12th July 2019, 23:07   #178
BHPian

Quote:
The on-road price of current gen Titanium+ AT quoted to me was 12,37,000 (after the price drop in June)...
As things stand and for what its worth, just for connectivity features not only i'd be paying 11,60,000 for a car which is over an year old...but also dole out somewhere around 20,000-25,000 rupees on top of that for changing the oil, lubricants, coolant, tyres, battery etc. (if the PDI doesn't deem those worthy of being replaced before delivery).
I know how that feels, because I was in the same dilemma(juggling between a year old Ecosport S and a brand new one). But I wasn’t losing any features in the newer one. On the contrary, I was getting the 16”ers with the new one over the 17” wheels with the infamous Ecopias. So my choice was easier.

But the moment I started leaning towards the newer one, his discount offering for the older one went up from 50k to 75k to 1L and eventually to 1L+10k accessories! So I’d suggest you to act cool and let him give you a better offer. I have a feeling that he’d agree to bear the replacement of oil, lubricants, and other consumables that you wish to replace. Put him on hold for a couple of days and seal the deal when he offers you more.

Apart from that, if you’re satisfied with the inspection of the 2018 car, by all means grab it! Some might ask you to take into account the depreciation of 2018(already a year old). But frankly, 5-6 years down the lane, I believe that a 2018 ES with SYNC3 would sell better than a 2019 ES with that shitty FlyAudio But it doesn’t hurt to try to get a better deal.
pavanth is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th July 2019, 00:36   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Together, the above three amount to INR 1,15,677 bringing the ex-showroom price for the car at INR 10,44,323.

Net discount of approx 75k on current ex- showroom price of 11,20,000. Actual discount seems a bit low for 12 month old car, but it would really depend on how comfortable you would be in picking up this particular car.

I picked up my EcoSport AT couple of days back. It's a Feb model. Discount I got is approx 33k off on the latest ex-showroom price (deal was finalized before the July price hike when ex showroom was 11.08L).

If you are going ahead, consider getting insurance on your own since you can get it for much less than what the dealer quotes, and see if the dealer still honors the overall discount. You can save approx 15k on insurance at least.

Side question, what's the actual RTO amount? Here in Bangalore road tax alone is almost double of what you pay for RTO+insurance! Wow!
SilentEngine is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2019, 06:43   #180
BHPian

Quote:
The on-road price of current gen Titanium+ AT quoted to me was 12,37,000 (after the price drop in June)...
Also, is this on-road price ₹12,37,000 inclusive of the essential kit and the extended warranty till the 4th year?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks