Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2020, 21:37   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 owner coats his car with cow dung to beat the heat

I can't express my opinion in words about this guy's "feat", for fear of infraction. So, I will refrain from commenting. However, for the love of God, what exactly is the point of doing this? Is there a non-AC variant of XUV? Heck, these days I doubt if there are any non-AC cars even among hatchbacks. It's not 70s of Ambassadors and Premier Padminis. Icky looks and stench aside, the first thing the dung will do is take away the sheen of the paint. Next up would be rust formation as a result of moisture trapped between paintwork and dung.
Old 12th February 2020, 22:08   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Heck, these days I doubt if there are any non-AC cars even among hatchbacks. It's not 70s of Ambassadors and Premier Padminis.
Sorry for going but posting this for your info. The Alto 800 and S Presso in their base STD variant come without AC.

Regards,
Shashi
Old 2nd October 2020, 12:54   #78
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiestarry View Post
It is surprising to read the negative and sarcastic comments about this action of the two car owners. They have, in their wisdom, chosen to coat their cars with cow dung. I agree that the heat inside a car happens mostly through the glass area but derisive comments on someone's harmless actions seem totally out of place on a refined forum such as this.
Absolutely agreed. While there are fire and bio hazards with cow dung, it is their vehicles and they can do as they like at the end of the day. To be entirely honest, more than sarcasm and ridiculing, these seem more like political stab to me.
Old 3rd October 2020, 09:34   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vredesbyrd View Post
Absolutely agreed. While there are fire and bio hazards with cow dung, it is their vehicles and they can do as they like at the end of the day. To be entirely honest, more than sarcasm and ridiculing, these seem more like political stab to me.
Why can't we laugh at stupidity all by itself? If you want to impute political motives to this laughter that's your viewpoint, but do you at least accept that people will laugh at a cowdung coated car on its own?
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2020, 09:42   #80
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Why can't we laugh at stupidity all by itself? If you want to impute political motives to this laughter that's your viewpoint, but do you at least accept that people will laugh at a cowdung coated car on its own?
I agree to the point of this XUV500 becoming a laughing stock, and it should (just like every gold Q7, 320d and Cruze). However, I don't understand so much significance on "cow urine" everywhere. This is where the agreement stops.
vredesbyrd is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2021, 12:33   #81
BANNED

An elite i20 joins the illustrious club

https://www.cartoq.com/hyundai-elite-i20-cow-dung/
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 owner coats his car with cow dung to beat the heat-hyundaielitei20cowdung.jpg  

turbo is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks