Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2020, 00:16   #346
BHPian

re: Third-gen Hyundai i20 spotted testing in Chennai. Edit: Launched at 6.79 lakhs

What's with dealers insisting on buying insurance with new launches? I approached 2 Hyundai dealers in Mumbai for booking the i20. Both insisting that insurance is complusory, when we all know how the dealers markup the cost. Is this legal?

Seek fellow bhpians advice to tackle this issue. Any existing threads o this?
Old 20th October 2020, 01:28   #347
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Third-gen Hyundai i20 spotted testing in Chennai. Edit: Launched at 6.79 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter_ View Post
What's with dealers insisting on buying insurance with new launches? I approached 2 Hyundai dealers in Mumbai for booking the i20. Both insisting that insurance is complusory, when we all know how the dealers markup the cost. Is this legal?

There are existing threads on this. It's their way of earning brokerage commissions from the insurance companies. There's no need for customers to buy from the showrooms; they're free to shop around and buy via any insurance distribution channel. And while a lot of customers lack awareness, they accept whatever high premiums the showrooms charge.

Back in Feb 2018, i refused to buy via the Mahindra showroom. They simply had to accept my choice. I saved Rs.40,000 in premiums.

If your showroom doesn't budge, threaten to report them to the IRDAI appointed insurance ombudsman in your region. This information is available online. And if they still don't budge, report them to the ombudsman. They'll never be granted a brokerage license by the IRDA again
locusjag is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 20th October 2020, 06:48   #348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazaar25 View Post
The chrome strip at the back is an overkill imho. I hope it's not a standard fitment!
For many, it would be just what the doctor ordered. From BMW' s to Maruti to Hyundai, overdose of chrome is ineludible for our market. And people who don't like it would already be thinking on how to dechrome it before even stepping into a showroom to have a look at the car. I feel all manufacturers should have a all black/dark edition right from the word go.

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 20th October 2020 at 06:50.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th October 2020, 08:39   #349
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

More leaks, new i20 colour options.
Third-gen Hyundai i20 spotted testing in Chennai. Edit: Launched at 6.79 lakhs-80cc597342f942dfac9c48c74e46de88.jpeg

Source - Rushlane
Striker is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th October 2020, 10:19   #350
Distinguished - BHPian

Variants and dual tone availability. Also which colour is Sunburn Sway any idea?
Attached Images

CEF_Beasts is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th October 2020, 10:29   #351
BHPian

If the information on the variants is true, I am not sure what logic Hyundai is following by providing the 1.2 L NA MT in Asta (O) and not the 1.0 L Turbo IMT.
jacob.thomas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2020, 10:37   #352
BHPian

Should be the Orange shade - burnt orange type. The i20 used to have a passion orange color earlier. Not sure if it's still there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Variants and dual tone availability. Also which colour is Sunburn Sway any idea?
cuboid is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2020, 10:39   #353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Also which colour is Sunburn Sway any idea?
Thanks. Perhaps just a new name for the Orange color that the old i20 had?

Last edited by JithinR : 20th October 2020 at 10:46. Reason: Fixing quote
JithinR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2020, 11:26   #354
BHPian

I have always desired that manufacturers do come up with a design where ac vents are shorter in height but run horizontally across the dashboard but for sure not like what this new i20 has to offer.
Old 20th October 2020, 11:29   #355
Senior - BHPian

Looks decently good IMO, but still lacks behind the design of the Elite I feel. With the front-forward design, it's quite well-proportioned. Definitely going to miss the Euro-spec Alloys, LEDs and the Reflector Strip instead of the chrome.
Interiors look a bit plane-jane especially after the newer designs we've seen on the Creta & Nios. I am really hoping that the white pieces next to the touchscreen are just coverings for the Gloss Black panel and not a permanent fixture.
Old 20th October 2020, 11:55   #356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv97 View Post
I agree even if it costs Rs 200-300 per sensor or 2 sensors based on the volumes they sell its a good saving at an overall level but at the same time when you are selling a product worth lacs why are you saving pennies on the dollar or rather thousands of dollars.
Even MSIL has also shifted to 2 sensors since long.
These are said to be new type of sensor's which has wider area coverage.
I don't have technical info on it and neither took an effort to find it on Google.
DriveOnceMore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2020, 12:02   #357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter_ View Post

You can read the saga here : https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post4906733

Where I was in a similar situation for Kia Sonet. If they match up the price it's good enough, if not it's a daylight robbery by goons!
Because they will simply start their conversation with : If you buy from outside the claim process will be very tough, you will not get claims. But you buy from us, it will be very smooth.

Also, simply ask them to give this in a writing that it is a compulsion we have to buy insurance from the dealer!
bhansali_hardik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2020, 12:27   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_v12 View Post
I am really hoping that the white pieces next to the touchscreen are just coverings for the Gloss Black panel and not a permanent fixture.
They are. You can hop over to the Kia Sonet thread and see the same white covering that has to be removed in the 8inch touchscreen variants.
JithinR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2020, 12:32   #359
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid__kaps View Post
After a glance, I believe the grille of the red i20 seems to be sporting a turbo tag somewhere on the left side. I am a big fan of the design, but 2 things are coming out as quite sore, the projector headlamps which I thought would have been all LED, and the chrome strip on the rear. Great colours though, particularly like the grey.

It is more the round surrounds on the projector head-lamps that make it look like it is sticking out. Very bad design choice IMO and completely spoils the front look. The all-LED headlamps would have looked so modern, sharp and edgy. But I feel the price-segment of the i20 is not high enough to have LED-headlamps without making it compete with the Sonet or Verna.

The rear chrome strip looks so ugly in this photo that it might end being an example of how not overdesign the rear of a car. I just hope it doesn't look as bad in real life as it is in this photo.

I just hope it gives a good competition to the segment leader baleno with so many engine & gearbox options. I am guessing Altroz might still remain the best looking car in this segment after all.
Old 20th October 2020, 13:38   #360
BHPian

As an ex-owner who absolutely loved the ease of ownership but hated the engine, this seems like a rounded upgrade. Turbo should keep us enthusiasts happy and the bling will keep the other junta happy. I also agree that the projectors are holding the car back in terms of looks and make the car look dated, feels like a 2016 car instead of 2020. Good to see Bose though quality will be average by Hyundai standards.

I am slightly worried about the price though, if we get the 120ps tune then for sure it will be much closer to Venue ( dare I say, might overlap) and not to Nios/Aura. Venue is not that bigger than i20 so this can get a bit confusing for buyers. But as GTO always says, "if you don't cannibalize yourself someone else will happily do it" so it's win-win for Hyundai.
turbowhistle is online now   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks