Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2020, 11:52   #466
BHPian

re: Third-gen Hyundai i20 spotted testing in Chennai. Edit: Launched at 6.79 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid__kaps View Post
Would really appreciate it if you could share the video that you saw.
Thanks.
Old 28th October 2020, 11:59   #467
BHPian

re: Third-gen Hyundai i20 spotted testing in Chennai. Edit: Launched at 6.79 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigar View Post
This is the international model.

The model to be launched in India misses out on some features like Led Headlamps, ventilated seats, auto-dimming IRVM,12.3 inch digital instrument cluster etc.

Last edited by sv97 : 28th October 2020 at 12:18.
sv97 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2020, 12:00   #468
BHPian

Quote:
This is the european spec car, maybe UK specific model (since its right hand drive). Ventilated seats are almost definitely not making into the Indian variant, atleast when launched.
Striker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2020, 12:02   #469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv97 View Post
This is the international model.

The model to be launched in India misses out on some features like Led Headlamps, ventilated seats, auto-dimming IRVM etc.
Oh, I thought this was the Indian model, as I searched for 2020 i20 Indian variant walk around video. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
jigar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2020, 12:03   #470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
That's the FR bumper cross member / crash member (different OEM's have different terminologies). It's usually a bolt on part. It takes a frontal impact and dissipates the crash load down one or both the side/long members.
Thanks for the clarification. Hope the overall structure is solid and the car scores well in the GNCAP test unlike the previous iteration.

Quote:
Saw this in a walk around video of the i20.
The top end variant comes with ventilated seats, which is I guess segment first.
I think you are referring to this walkaround video:-

Its a walkaround video of international i20 with Indian voice over. The Indian i20 doesn't get ventilated seats, drive modes.
Car Architect is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2020, 12:13   #471
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Saw this in a walk around video of the i20.
The top end variant comes with ventilated seats, which is I guess segment first.
Should be helpful when the brakes are not working
giri1.8 is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 28th October 2020, 12:32   #472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSpeedRacerGo View Post

Walk around of Asta (O)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob.thomas View Post
This is probably the most comprehensive spy shot till date.
This same guy has even posted a 16 sec drive video of the new i20. And one of my local dealer here is even shy to show the car in his yard before the official launch.
ashvek3141 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2020, 14:42   #473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
This same guy has even posted a 16 sec drive video of the new i20. And one of my local dealer here is even shy to show the car in his yard before the official launch.
The video atleast clears the doubt about the sunroof availability in non-turbo trims. Event the NA petrol features this.
SansGT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2020, 15:35   #474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Bookings @ Rs. 21 000/- on https://clicktobuy.hyundai.co.in and Hyundai Dealerships starting early hours of October 28, 2020
I really hate this pre-launch pre-booking system being incubated by Hyundai-Kia Group. It'll certainly set a bad trend in the industry. Either introduce the vehicle with model specifications and the associated price or don't open the booking at all. But it is what it is now I guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Please take the news by ACI of any upcoming launch with a pinch of salt. They have a history of being absolutely unreliable.
Quite True. They even claim that the new i20 boasts of ventilated seats. Not sure why a media house with such niche credentials resorts to such half-baked articles.
pandatrooper is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th October 2020, 16:33   #475
BHPian

IMO this is one of the best looking car Hyundai has rolled out in a long time. The last one being the Elite i20. It looks smashing!
Though I must say the International spec looks a lot better without all the chrome. Good that they have retained the black interiors.

I hope that the 1.0L Turbo comes with a manual transmission as well along with the DCT and iMT

Last edited by Sherlocked : 28th October 2020 at 16:39.
Sherlocked is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2020, 19:24   #476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
I hope that the 1.0L Turbo comes with a manual transmission as well along with the DCT and iMT
Sadly, this is not happening; atleast with the initial launch. They may introduce it at a later stage just like Kia which is planning to introduce proper MT in the Sonet turbo. But there isn’t a confirm news about that.

On a side note, Hyundai has well managed to keep the power specs of the turbo variant under wraps. I inquired with two dealers here, and none of them have any concrete information of the power & torque figures.
Not that anything can change now, but just curious to know what it is! Also, secretly hoping that it is 120 bhp.
ashvek3141 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2020, 08:35   #477
Distinguished - BHPian

Speculated to be the engine-wise ARAI certified fuel efficiency figures, which are as follows:

Name:  bb.PNG
Views: 9337
Size:  13.6 KB

Link
volkman10 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 29th October 2020, 14:55   #478
Senior - BHPian

3rd-gen Hyundai i20: Variants, Engine & Transmission options

Details of the engine and transmission options that will be offered with the third generation i20 in India are out.

Third-gen Hyundai i20 spotted testing in Chennai. Edit: Launched at 6.79 lakhs-download-1.jpg

The new i20 will be offered in four variants - Magna, Sportz, Asta, and Asta (O), and will come with three engine options. These include a 1.2-litre naturally aspirated petrol, a 1.0-litre turbo petrol and a 1.5-litre diesel.

The 1.2-litre naturally aspirated petrol engine will be offered with either a manual gearbox or continuously variable transmission (CVT). The latter will be available in Sportz and Asta trims.
  • 1.2 MT - Magna, Sportz, Asta, Asta (O)
  • 1.2 CVT - Sportz, Asta

The 1.0-litre turbo petrol will come with the iMT gearbox with the automated clutch in Sportz and Asta trims and a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission will be offered in the Asta and Asta (O) variants.
  • 1.0L iMT - Sportz, Asta
  • 1.0L DCT - Asta, Asta (O)

Finally, the 1.5-litre diesel will only come with a manual transmission. It will come in Magna, Sportz and Asta (O) trims.
  • 1.5 Diesel MT - Magna, Sportz, Asta (O)

Hyundai has started accepting bookings for the new i20. The bookings amount is set at Rs. 21,000. The car will be officially launched on November 5, 2020.

Source
TusharK is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 29th October 2020, 15:27   #479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
3rd-gen Hyundai i20: Variants, Engine & Transmission options

The 1.2-litre naturally aspirated petrol engine will be offered with either a manual gearbox or continuously variable transmission (CVT). The latter will be available in Sportz and Asta trims.
  • 1.2 MT - Magna, Sportz, Asta, Asta (O)
  • 1.2 CVT - Sportz, Asta

The 1.0-litre turbo petrol will come with the iMT gearbox with the automated clutch in Sportz and Asta trims and a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission will be offered in the Asta and Asta (O) variants.
  • 1.0L iMT - Sportz, Asta
  • 1.0L DCT - Asta, Asta (O)
No manual with the turbo petrol, and neither iMT (with turbo 1.0) nor CVT (With 1.2) being available in the top of the line Asta(o)???!!

Hyundai/Kia surely love making weirdly confusing variant lineups with every new car they launch.
Skorp_Knight is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2020, 15:42   #480
BHPian

No MT in turbo Petrol!!!
No AT in Diesel!!!

Or will it be launched later?
1.2TSI7DSG is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed