Team-BHP - The most timeless car designs ever...
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   The most timeless car designs ever... (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/210055-most-timeless-car-designs-ever-6.html)

For me it would be the
1.Skoda Octavia MK3 prefacelift/facelift :I saw a race blue in Delhi just a week after the 2013 launch and was sold on it .The vRS just made it look even more special.Attachment 1884115
Pic Credits:@Nikhilb2008

2.Mitsubishi Pajero SFX:This car used to be my dream car back in 2008. .Even today the 90s design is relevant.The presence it has on the road is unmatched for me!
Attachment 1884116
Pic Credits: @Traveler
3.Porsche 911(991)
Never was a Porsche guy untill one of my friends got me an Evo magazine Dec 2015 issue which had the 911turboS.That car introduced me to the 911 series and ever since I have been a huge fan of Porsche and it's other cars.Out of all the gens I like the 959 and the 991(.1&.2)

My TJET 6 years and counting!!!

Here is my list in no particular order of cars which have been available in India

1. Mercedes W124
2. BMW E46
3. Porsche 911
4. VW Jetta MK6
5. Honda Civic 8th Gen

To me these cars will never look old or out of time.

Nice thread.
Here is my list.

1. Maruti Zen (Jelly bean) : Remember seeing it when we had went to purchase our first car (Omni) back in 2000. Had loved it but I don't recollect why we didnt buy it. And then the Estilo killed the name.
Name:  Screen Shot 20190611 at 22.12.55.png
Views: 3245
Size:  309.8 KB

2. Tata Safari : My first serious love stupid:! Simply used to adore this ever since I had seen the ad on TV (and what an ad that was). And I still love this design much more than Storme.
The most timeless car designs ever...-tatasafari1234_720x540.jpg

3. BMW 5 series : This was my first car in US and had such a clean timeless design to it.
The most timeless car designs ever...-b7dc6b0979ad47baad1561c4a142e77b.jpg

4. My all time fav , Mustang. This has such macho looks along with power. My manager used to own one ( I think a 75 model) and whenever I used to visit his home I used to drool hearing the growl.
The most timeless car designs ever...-unnamed.jpg

P.S: All pics from online and credits to respective owners.

This thread is a testimony to the fact that Beauty doesn't exists by it's own and is in-turn a creation of the observers. The thread consists of cars that I would never agree represent timeless designs but then to each his own. My contribution to the thread are the below cars - I will let the pictures do the talking

The most timeless car designs ever...-gullwing.jpg

The most timeless car designs ever...-db9.jpg

The most timeless car designs ever...-diablo.jpg

The most timeless car designs ever...-challenger.jpg

The most timeless car designs ever...-mini.jpeg

Here's my take on some of the most "Timeless" designed cars to have braced our Indian roads.

Suzuki Zen
Starting off with the humble "Jellybean" Zen. This little Suzuki oozed charm in it's own ways and was a status symbol of sorts amongst the Indian middle class in the 90s!
Would not be surprised if it sells like pancakes if Suzuki ever decides to launch her back as a Lifestyle Hothatch!

Fiat Punto
One simply cannot talk of timeless designs and not mention the ever stunning Fiat Punto. This car managed to turn heads and grab eye balls with it's simple plain design when most of it's competitors were running after curves!

Skoda Octavia MkI
A wolf in a sheep's clothing! The Mark I Octavia was in my opinion the most stunning Skoda ever sold in India

Tata Sierra
It was simply born in the wrong era! If sold today as a Lifestyle vehicle it would sell like pancakes!

Some other notable mentions-
TATA Safari [1st generation]
Skoda Superb [2nd generation]

Great thread!. It is indeed very subjective. But thats the fun part, knowing others tastes and reasons for their choices.

Mine are as follows -
The Porsche 911 series over the ages. (my all time dream car)
VW Beetle.
Mini Cooper.
BMW E46, especially the convertible Ci version ( I had the good fortune of owning one for a while).
Mercedes SL from the 60-70s
Mustang Shelby

The Jeep, in its various iterations - Classic, Commander, MM540/550 and now the Thar.
Tata Safari and the Sierra (ahead of its time when launched).
Honda Accord (classic sedan shape and character).
Toyota Land cruiser.
Range rover.

Representative images in no particular order. Beautiful creatures aren't they?.

Cheerio!:)

As beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder,
I would like to present my choices.
Fiat Linea classic and Punto
HM Contessa
Maruti Zen (jellybean)
Maruti SS80
VW Polo
Lamborghini Miura, Murcielago, Gallardo, Diablo
Ferrari 250 GTO, Enzo, Testarossa
Jaguar XJ220.

Hope they fits the bill.

One of my favorite off-roader was the iconic JONGA. I still remember going on a wild life safari in a Jonga about thirty years back.

The Jonga was a Nissan designed vehicle used by the Indian Army. Jonga was an acronym for Jabalpur Ordnance aNd Guncarriage Assembly.

During the last leg of JONGA’s production, the vehicle was finally offered to the civilian populace from the year 1996 to 1999 when the overall manufacturing of the JONGA was stopped due to dwindling sales.

A 3-liter Hino diesel motor was offered in the civilian version of the vehicle from 1996. The turbo diesel motor churned out 145 Bhp-340 Nm initially, and the 3-speed manual gearbox and the twin speed, four wheel drive transfer case were retained.

A lot of what I wanted to post has already been posted. However, there's one car which makes me drool since I was a toddler literally.

The Mercedes W124
- The Boss Car.

Put this design in any format, coupe, convertible, estate, yet the final product is so aesthetically pleasing and tasteful.

I am personally not fond of manufacturers trying to impose such weird design lines citing aerodynamics. I am that person who believes that the top speed of a road-car should not matter, it's impression at low speed does since that shall be real world driving scenario.

Three cars (Indian Market) I see most people here agree with.

They still have enough juice in their design to claim market share if given modern platform / technology along with right price.

1. Lancer
2. Tata Safari
3. Maruti Gypse

Off late in Twitter, I have seen Pratap Bose hinting multiple times about a Tata Sierra 2.0 program. Reboot of this icon could very well be a real possibility.

First Gen (2004-2008) Acura TSX (also known as 7th Gen Honda Accord in Japan and Europe)

This car had the cleanest lines and a perfect rear. Never owned one but always drooled when I saw one on the road. The rear of the Audi A3 sedan always reminds me of this beauty.

Clean Front:

The most timeless car designs ever...-1280x7203332151acuratsx2006silvermetallicsideviewstylecarsspeednatureshrubsasphalt.jpg

Gorgeous Rear:

The most timeless car designs ever...-1280x7203332350acuratsx2006blackrearviewstylecarsspeedtreesnatureasphalt.jpg

Image Credit: https://www.tokkoro.com/

Looks like people are going overboard with their favourite cars. At this rate it is better to list cars that do not make it to the list. As I see, the Santro, i10, Micra and Indica have not managed to find takers so far. Almost everything is already found its way to the thread.

Ok, can we add a poll?

The cars according to me are;

1. Contessa
2. Premier Padmini
3. Amby
4. Premier 118NE
5. Palio
6. Baleno (Altura aswell)
7. Fiesta 1.6S and
8. Jelly bean Zen

My heart always goes out to a cream shade Padmini.

Well, most of the beauties I love are already shared. Here's the one which I couldn't find mention of. Ford Everest/Endeavour First Gen :) Boxy, Plain, Classy. A true rugged American SUV.

The most timeless car designs ever...-1280pxford_everest_first_generation_front_serdang.jpg

The most timeless car designs ever...-1280pxford_everest_first_generation_rear_serdang.jpg

Image source Wiki