Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2007, 18:19   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dceite View Post
More and more IT companies and call centers are preferring TATA Sumo, since the old workhorse (Qualis) is no longer in production so it is being replaced. TATA Sumo is cheaper than Tavera, Innova hence its being preferred.
Just my 2 cents.
You probably hit the nail on the head. I hear Tata's have a wing that develops Satellite tracking and telematics technologies. I recall a discussion (offline) on tata's wanting to put this in every truck off the assembly line so that fleet owners can track their trucks, and clients their assets. I can imagine that the call centers for who these Sumo's and Innova's are a logistic and safety nightmare would be looking for a vehicle that came fitted with these sorts of bells and whistles. The Icing would be that the new vehicle (Sumo) probably looks a lot more contemporary and high tech too
Old 17th April 2007, 18:31   #77
BHPian

I think both M&M and Tata's are old customers of IAV Gmbh. I saw the press note on IAV doing Tata's new MUV. But as a classic case of getting lost in or on the semantics, our press chaps do not know the difference between style (design) and Engineering (development).

IAV is an Engineering Development company - more concerned with 'harder' issues such as safety, power and performance, and reliability engineering, etc. I doubt if they would bother themselves with 'softer' issues such as style and ergonomics, though they are arguably one of the better body engineers around.

I suspect that Tata's would have styled the new Sumo/ MUV in-house and then handed it off to IAV to take it on the proverbial last mile to the Market.
Old 17th April 2007, 21:10   #78
BHPian

Is this out in the showrooms yet?

What is the launch date??

More Pics please??
Old 26th April 2007, 19:26   #79
Senior - BHPian

dont you people think this spyshot car is the spacio-yesterday(25th ap) tata released an upgraded spacio-spacio gold plus. And it said that the spare wheel was placed under-and not on the rear door. isnt the pics contemplating to it?

So, i believe the new sumo here is the spacio and sumo will be late..
Old 17th June 2007, 19:17   #80
BHPian

a common sight : one more pic

Old 17th June 2007, 19:23   #81
Senior - BHPian

Good work Bunny, do you have some more of them.
Old 17th June 2007, 20:20   #82
BHPian

Nice Pic. Looks like it is a little longer than the current sumo. Would this have the old Safari TC engine?

Tata's seems to want to launch SOMETHING new every few months. Good going for them and us.
Old 17th June 2007, 20:39   #83
BHPian

dadu : i saw one more on test, couldnt take pics due to rains. i was on my karizma.
wizard : yeah, it looks bigger than the current sumo. TATA's new products looks massive. even the new telcoline (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...telcoline.html) looks awesome.
Old 17th June 2007, 22:08   #84
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyPunia View Post
dadu : i saw one more on test, couldnt take pics due to rains. i was on my karizma.
wizard : yeah, it looks bigger than the current sumo. TATA's new products looks massive. even the new telcoline (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...telcoline.html) looks awesome.
Looks better too.

More rounded than the current one. Somehow i like the front (whatever i can see there),

But i have this feeling that the rear overhang is a bit too much.

EDIT: Hmmm. May be my eyes playing tricks cause of the masking they have on the test car

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 17th June 2007 at 22:10.
Old 17th June 2007, 22:30   #85
BHPian

i just zoomed in on the headlamp and saw this :

do u see the old sumo spacio's headlight inside this new glass? or is it just my imagination going wild..

Old 17th June 2007, 22:47   #86
Team-BHP Support

@ Bunny: see this... The same headlamp thingy!

Thinks its temporary for the test cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
Old 17th June 2007, 23:05   #87
BHPian

Nice pics Bunny... looks little longer though..
Old 18th June 2007, 11:14   #88
BHPian

Why can't Tata do a Toyota or even for that matter, Ford, as they did for Fortuner/HiLux and Endy/Ranger?

Get rid of this ill-fated Sumo, put a roof in the back of that good looking twin-cab pickup Telcoline, and and sell it as Sumo or whatever they want!!!

By looking at it, Telcoline looks more stable than the Sumo with nice proportions. One R&D and two products which is economically wise!
Old 18th June 2007, 11:45   #89
Senior - BHPian

Somehow I like TATA cars in Red! or is that my love for the Ferrari??? or is it a signal to stay away from TATA!!!!
Old 18th June 2007, 18:22   #90
BHPian

Man i dont understand, why do they have to use these ughly canvas on cars!! They are going to be realized eventually, so who are they covering it for.?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks