Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2007, 19:22   #91
BHPian

Nice pics Bunny. Looks somewhat like a sierra from the mask, especially the a pillar.
Old 18th June 2007, 20:18   #92
Senior - BHPian

As long as they dont change the wheelbase (or the wheelbase to the overall length ratio), its still going to remain a nuisance it is, on our roads.

Maybe looks different and rounded, but is it better?

However, people dont buy a Sumo for its beauty potential nor its lane changing disabilities.
Old 19th June 2007, 05:51   #93
BHPian

Looks to me like the Tata's got their act together and have moved a few long steps since the days of building copycat land rovers and cheap execution of the IDea/Italdesign days anyways this sure like a Scorpio beater to me and they have now done their homework very well.I hate the scorpio and feel Sumo needed this plastic surgery since long to beat its arch rival
Old 19th June 2007, 13:34   #94
BHPian

Sumo is a class apart when you consider the space. I seriously doubt its ability to beat a scorpio when it comes to engine refinement, Power, gearbox & overall performance.

Why condor is silent on this?
Old 21st June 2007, 19:17   #95
Senior - BHPian

here it is. photoshoped image from Autocar India.
Old 21st June 2007, 20:13   #96
Senior - BHPian

Aprt from the Wheelbase I think they got it spot on. However looks more of an SUV than a people mover and thats a good thing.
Old 21st June 2007, 23:13   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Aprt from the Wheelbase I think they got it spot on. However looks more of an SUV than a people mover and thats a good thing.
Great Pic Tushky,

This doesn't look like an SUV to me.. I agree the wheel-base is quite long.. Usually, you'd expect the rear wheel to be between the middle row and the 3rd row of seats. It appears that TATA is roping in front-facing seats for all the three rows of seating.

The new Sumo appears to be a direct threat to the Innova and the Tavera models.

I am all excited to see how the market reacts to the new vehicles from Tata..

Any idea on the launch date..
Old 21st June 2007, 23:59   #98
BHPian

Good Pics, Looks like VW Touareg though...
Old 22nd June 2007, 00:07   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mansidea View Post
Sumo is a class apart when you consider the space. I seriously doubt its ability to beat a scorpio when it comes to engine refinement, Power, gearbox & overall performance.
I hope your doubts are misplaced. The fact that you own a Scorpio shouldnt cause you to hope that other vehicles dont measure up to its strengths - if that is the case, where is the incentive for M&M to improve on the Scorpio's strengths? PS: Gearbox isnt one of its strengths.
Old 22nd June 2007, 10:08   #100
BHPian

The photoshopped image from Autocar does not match the spy pics. If you see the A-pillar on both, it is clear that the A-pillar is more steeply inclined in the actual spy pic, and the wheels are not placed as backwards too...
Old 23rd June 2007, 01:29   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
The photoshopped image from Autocar does not match the spy pics. If you see the A-pillar on both, it is clear that the A-pillar is more steeply inclined in the actual spy pic, and the wheels are not placed as backwards too...
You are right, why cant autocar get our team-bhp photoshoppers. However, is it only me who is quite liking the idea of seeing every Tata car in Red (their Red shade seems to hit a certain sweet spot and no it has nothing to do with Ferrari Scarlet)
Old 11th October 2007, 09:01   #102
BANNED

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][COLOR=#000000][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Tata motors set to discontinue Sumo The company will introduce a new multi-utility vehicle to replace the Sumo [/FONT][/COLOR]

Tata Motors set to discontinue Sumo-India Business-Business-The Times of India
Old 11th October 2007, 10:16   #103
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
I hope your doubts are misplaced. The fact that you own a Scorpio shouldnt cause you to hope that other vehicles dont measure up to its strengths - if that is the case, where is the incentive for M&M to improve on the Scorpio's strengths? PS: Gearbox isnt one of its strengths.
the fact that you own a safari dont mean you really know the scorpio. u've been a scorpio/M&M basher ever since i've been on this forum...and its not a very healthy thing. gearbox/engine was always one of scorpios strenghts.
Old 11th October 2007, 10:55   #104
Senior - BHPian

i have a feeling it might not look like the one in the pics above ,atleast the spy pics dont make the sumo look like that
secondly the photoshoped image has totally different body from the shape sumo has at present.i think tata will only change the front of the sumo not the rest of it(unlike the photoshoped image)

however i will be VERY HAPPY if i am proved wrong

who wants to start?
I really like the photoshoped one,IMHO it can beat innova and scorpio with that looks

cause it looks a bit like the older Grand vitara
Old 11th October 2007, 11:10   #105

are the changes only external or there are some engine modifications as well? any idea??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks