Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2021, 09:48   #226

re: 2nd-gen Maruti Celerio launched at Rs. 4.99 lakh

The new version certainly looks better than the outgoing model, IMO. The rear end looks like a mini Swift.

But the positioning of request sensor and the power windows definitely will raise lot of eyebrows.

Wondering if the new Alto will come with the same setup ... that would be disgusting ...
Old 2nd November 2021, 10:38   #227
BHPian

The new Celerio design really looks ugly, the older one was neat and safe which I preferred. Forget safe, Maruti atleast had good designs going for it before.

With the success of Spresso, seems like they have understood that ugly is the new beauty. Sigh, when numbers are there why to bother about few irritated members :P
Old 2nd November 2021, 11:06   #228
Senior - BHPian

New Maruti Celerio bookings commence for a token amount of Rs 11,000.

Maruti claims it will be India’s most fuel efficient petrol car.

2nd-gen Maruti Celerio launched at Rs. 4.99 lakh-fb_img_1635831359400.jpg

Link

Press Release

2nd-gen Maruti Celerio launched at Rs. 4.99 lakh-fb_img_1635834368485.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd November 2021 at 19:55.
Venkatesh is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2021, 11:23   #229
BHPian

Zooming into the pictures of the red & blue cars with alloys, it looks like they've come factory fitted with Yokohama Bluearth tyres. Now that's a pleasant surprise! Can't make out the size of the tyres though.
Old 2nd November 2021, 11:48   #230
BHPian

IMO, this is a beefed-up Alto with outdated features, especially the door handles. The existing model is a decent-looking car with a likable interior. With such designs, Maruti is just walking backward. The dashboard reminds me of Mahindra.
mail2vm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2021, 12:38   #231
BHPian

raksrules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2021, 12:44   #232
BHPian

I feel the current celerio is better looking than this new model. This new model makes it look more like an alto!
ant_vas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2021, 12:54   #233
BHPian

The new model seems to have a 'butch' feel to it. Will they be marketing as a pseudo SUV like they did with the Spresso?

While many have commented on the placement of the request sensor on the door, I was a bit stunned by the placement of the Push start button! They literally seems to have run out of space and just plugged it in the last moment!

However, the gear level for the AMT looks funky! Love it!!

The previous gen Celerio, especially with the hideous black treatment was an eyesore (apologies to any owners, nothing personal!). This actually looks like an improvement.
Old 2nd November 2021, 12:55   #234
BHPian

This has been positioned as most efficient petrol car, no one will bother for look, feature and safety. Thanks to our Central and State governments for such a high tax which will lead people to compromise in their decision making while purchasing new car. The central console of this car borrowed from last decade design.
DDIS_RE650 is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2021, 13:00   #235
BHPian

Does it look like it has a commanding seating position like S-presso wherein we can see Bonnet? Asking since I have booked S-Presso but will still be looking at Celerio once to see how it looks in person.

Called up the dealership SA and he told he expects that on 10th / 11th it may be displayed in showroom.
Old 2nd November 2021, 13:00   #236
KPR
BANNED

1. I don't mind if I open the door with a flap or handle type. It should suit the car design and that's about it.
2. I'm happy that MS has provided power window buttons in dash board. I'm fed up seeing same model of buttons across all their cars. So it is a welcome move.

In certain angles old Celerio looks like elder brother of Alto which as such isn't bad. Let's see how this car will look in flesh.
Old 2nd November 2021, 13:30   #237
BHPian

Good Gods what an abomination!

But just like in the AAA Video game industry, companies like EA, Bethesda will continue coming up with utter trash just because people keep buying it. Expect this to be in the top 5 by sales volumes on launch and then stay there.
Stribog is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2021, 13:48   #238
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
New Maruti Celerio bookings commence for a token amount of Rs 11,000....Maruti claims it will be India’s most fuel efficient petrol car.
Guess the dualjet (in 1.0 or 1.2l?) and start-stop system will lead to higher ARAI figures. Can grab headlines in these times of ridiculous fuel prices.

" Most fuel efficient petrol car"? Did they specifically mention 'petrol' since the ARAI figure won't cross the diesels' magical figure of 25kmpl?
DicKy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2021, 13:57   #239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
" Most fuel efficient petrol car"? Did they specifically mention 'petrol' since the ARAI figure won't cross the diesels' magical figure of 25kmpl?
Target is 26kmpl

Quote:
Maruti is betting big on the new Celerio being the most fuel-efficient petrol car in the country, with an estimated fuel economy of 26kpl.
Quote:
The new K10C 1.0 litre three-cylinder naturally aspirated engine is expected to produce slightly more power than the outgoing version’s 68hp and will come mated to either a 5-speed manual or an AMT automatic gearbox.
Source
Venkatesh is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2021, 14:08   #240
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
Does it look like it has a commanding seating position like S-presso wherein we can see Bonnet? Asking since I have booked S-Presso but will still be looking at Celerio once to see how it looks in person.
Don't think so. After the S-presso you may have to look at Brezza if you want to see the bonnet while driving. The seating position of the Celerio maybe somewhere between the WagonR and Swift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Target is 26kmpl
Guess my dad will just cross out the Ignis from his list and won't even think of stretching towards the Altroz diesel, if the adverts start hitting with 26kmpl in bold.
DicKy is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed