Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2021, 13:09   #136
BHPian

re: 2nd-gen Maruti Celerio launched at Rs. 4.99 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahilrai166 View Post
New Celerio spied during TVC shoot

Attachment 2186466
Design Team: "So what design elements do you want to incorporate into the new model? Swift, Alto or Spresso?"

Management: "Yes"

Front stance from Spresso, front looks (lights especially) from Swift, overall shape like Alto on steroids.

The end result looks surprisingly nice. Happy to see they managed to pick and stitch together the best of each model and still managed to avoid a Frankenstein look.
FloatingCanvas is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2021, 13:34   #137
Senior - BHPian

The design is derived from Alto800 is what I feel. Hope they give the 1.2 petrol engine as well. It will be a fun car then.
NiInJa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2021, 15:37   #138
BHPian

The Celerio has become uglier than before. Aesthetics is some thing Maruti needs to learn and implement in their cars.

The next generation car is supposed to be better in every term : Aesthetics, Safety, Quality but it is happening totally opposite in case of Maruti, especially the looks department. (Alto-800, Celerio, S-Presso being the examples).
Apex1815 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2021, 15:48   #139
BHPian

This looks like a desiccated Baleno

But that's not necessarily a bad thing. While the older design had no inspirational linkage to other models in their stable, this time MS are clear on what they want. After all, why think of anything else when you already have a very successful model in you line up that you can emulate.
Romeo_Mike is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2021, 15:48   #140
BHPian

Personal opinion it looks ugly. It looks like they mixed up parts in their parts bin but then whatever they make and plonk the MSIL badges will sell so they are on the right track.
Old 2nd August 2021, 16:00   #141
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloatingCanvas View Post
Design Team: "So what design elements do you want to incorporate into the new model? Swift, Alto or Spresso?"

Management: "Yes"
Also management: The use of ruler or straight lines in this design is banned.

If they got a chance they would have made even the running board and window line curved, but looks like they got some exemption there. I dont know why they want to do these things in the time when cars are becoming more aggressive in looks and are moving away from the rounded edges of the Amby era. Even Tata dropped their Indica based eggshell design and moved on. If the Espresso wasnt enough, this is taking things downwards.
audioholic is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2021, 17:52   #142
BANNED

The design seems to have been done by an novice.
A lot has been talked about it and mostly negative from the automotive lovers here.
The rear of this car, just so half baked.
The red plastic on top of the tail light is visible running to the sides till the "C" pillar. Generally it is covered by the tail gate.
What is seen is the shape of the tail lights, some geometric shape by way of the lens. But here this just looks so incomplete. I just cannot get myself to like it or un see it.
Attached Files
File Type: docx rear.docx (375.5 KB, 258 views)

Last edited by norhog : 2nd August 2021 at 18:09.
norhog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2021, 18:28   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeo_Mike View Post
This looks like a desiccated Baleno

Compiled the below collage just to illustrate my point. This thing truly looks like a little brother to the Baleno and I suspect, its going to cash in on that fact.

2nd-gen Maruti Celerio launched at Rs. 4.99 lakh-celerio-v-baleno.jpg

Images taken off the internet; credits to respective owners.
Romeo_Mike is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2021, 19:26   #144
BHPian

If someone showed me the picture of the Celerio and asked me to guess the decade it was sold, I would say the 1990s. Same with the SPresso. Maruti's designs of late have been terrible. In fact, the only nice looking car they have is the Swift.
kovilkalai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2021, 20:17   #145
BHPian

Maruti knows the pulse of the people. You do not sell as many cars as they do without understanding customer needs. The power train is proven and frugal, the design is neutral and non offending. The less creases and cuts the easier it is dent n paint. The platform is already being used in other models. Maruti know how to capture the customer.

Wagon R, Swift, Baleno and Celerio will have the same engine and gearbox options and it is a case of customer having the choice based on his needs and budget. They have such a spread in that 5 to 10 lakh segment that i don't see any loyal Maruti customer feeling the need to visit another brand.
needforspeed88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2021, 20:56   #146
BHPian

Honestly this looks like the car originally had a good face/design but then went on to have a failed plastic surgery
Old 2nd August 2021, 22:48   #147
BHPian

While the older Celerio was a smart looking car, the new design is not a major concern, it will definitely sell well in the markets it's intended for. Maruti will price it smart enough so that it stands as a competitor for all similar small cars. While we wish for so many things to be better with this car, it's still going to sell like hot cakes.

I only wish we see new engines and better safety in the next iterations of MS's best selling cars.
Old 3rd August 2021, 00:37   #148
BHPian

As an owner of 2018 Celerio, I am not impressed with the looks of new Celerio (If they are true). This was one design which did not look that dated and they should have left it alone.

On a cursory there do seem to be some part recycling done from spares of current and discontinued cars like A-Star, S-Presso, Alto800 is clearly visible.

As for the point of tail lights resembling that of Hyundai models well the previous gen Celerio also has this strong resemblance to the point that i10 and Celerio tail lamps look like color inverted copies of each other.
Old 3rd August 2021, 03:57   #149
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Well, I am not an expert but that boot door handle ( flap-type ) looks outright cheap.This was the one thing that I hated in old generation celerio as well.
Old 3rd August 2021, 07:44   #150
Senior - BHPian

They should have just called it the Alto K10 and be done with it. The front half of the vehicle right upto the B pillar looks so very similar to the now discontinued Alto K10. Quality seems to have taken a turn for the worse (read cheap plastics). This should be priced at par or below the current Celerio.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks