Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2020, 22:43   #16
BHPian

re: 2nd-gen Maruti Celerio launched at Rs. 4.99 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
The next-generation Maruti Celerio will be launched in October this year. It will be based on the Wagon R platform and likely to come with two petrol engine options.
This one looks more inline with the Baleno’s silhouette. The earlier spy pic shared had a more crossover’-ish look unlike this one.
You need to take the Autocar India’s scoops with a pinch of salt.
Old 23rd August 2020, 23:41   #17
BHPian

If they offer this with the 1.2 engine, then it will kill Swift's sales as the celerio would offer best of both worlds, practicality of Wagon R and sportiness of Swift (due to better suspension and handling characteristics over Wagon R).

Nicer interiors will attract buyers too!

Last edited by Rshrey22 : 23rd August 2020 at 23:42.
Old 24th August 2020, 00:05   #18
BHPian

Could someone knowledgeable please explain me what is the need of keeping the Celerio in Maruti's line-up?

What kind of buyers is it aimed at?

What is it's significance when the Swift is already there, while at the same time WagonR is available with both the 1.0 and 1.2 litre engines?

Last edited by suhaas307 : 24th August 2020 at 00:47. Reason: spacing
A.M. is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 03:08   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M. View Post
Could someone knowledgeable please explain me what is the need of keeping the Celerio in Maruti's line-up?

What kind of buyers is it aimed at?

What is it's significance when the Swift is already there, while at the same time WagonR is available with both the 1.0 and 1.2 litre engines?
The Celerio is cheaper than the Swift. The Swift sells mostly for it's looks. The Celerio is not really needed but if it's pricing is more in line with the Wagon r then for around 7.5l you can get a fully loaded peppy car while you will get a Swift Vxi for that price. The Swift is still the more premium offering. The Wagon R has a pretty cheap interior and the old Celerio also showed that in its heavy cost cutting in the cabin.
Old 24th August 2020, 08:06   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Could someone knowledgeable please explain me ..... engines?
Want a Maruti Suzuki petrol engine car but Spresso is too funky and can't stretch till Swift, want space but don't want to live with the tall boy like looks of the Wagon R or its perceived image.
I don't know if this applies to all but yes majority of people don't give a second look if you buy a new Wagon R in your apartment if you want them to notice. They think someone called an Uber/Ola.

Last edited by RavSam : 24th August 2020 at 08:14.
RavSam is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 08:15   #21
BHPian

Quote:

As an owner of Celerio, these are the things which made me consider Celerio over Swift and WagonR as a family car

1. Traditionally Celerio has had better and much more sorted interior space than equivalent generation WagonR.

2. Celerio is not advertised as a tallboy but it has those characteristics which means it has better ingress and egress over Swift.

3. Swift is stylish, Celerio is perhaps the most plain jane Maruti. Those who are not that much interested in looks will get everything Swift has to offer (except K12B but it should be there now in new gen) at a lower price point.

Celerio is one dark horse in Maruti lineup, more VFM than Swift and more practical than WagonR if you ask me.

As for the above picture this may be next gen Swift also going by the silhouette.
darkLightning is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2020, 08:43   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

2021 Maruti-Suzuki Alto spied on test

2021 Maruti Suzuki Alto Spied For The First Time

2nd-gen Maruti Celerio launched at Rs. 4.99 lakh-2021alttogaadiwaadi1068x601.jpg

2nd-gen Maruti Celerio launched at Rs. 4.99 lakh-2021marutialto1280x720.jpg

Quote:
The Indo-Japanese manufacturer seems to have the second generation Celerio and the new Alto in the pipeline and the latter has now been spotted testing for the first time.
Quote:
the upcoming Alto looks to have a slightly longer wheelbase compared to the outgoing model while the design elements do point the finger at the first generation Alto K10.
Quote:
The prototype shows the presence of the familiar silhouette with turn indicators mounted on the side fenders, regular door handles and Outside Rear View Mirrors, roof-mounted spoiler, and updated headlamps. The revised tail lamp cluster has a more rectangular appearance and the bumper has also been tweaked with addition of reflectors. The test mule was riding on steel wheels and as it evolves, and would know more details about its styling. We do expect revisions to the front grille and front bumper as well alongside a host of interior updates

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 16th September 2020 at 08:46.
volkman10 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 16th September 2020, 13:23   #23
Senior - BHPian

re: 2021 Maruti-Suzuki Alto spied on test

I was hoping that the latest Japanese Alto would be brought here. I'm disappointed. This looks like something on the Heartect platform.
Old 16th September 2020, 13:53   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Next Gen. Celerio to be a tad bigger as seen from the spied pics:

2nd-gen Maruti Celerio launched at Rs. 4.99 lakh-newmarutisuzukiceleriorearspyshot.jpg

2nd-gen Maruti Celerio launched at Rs. 4.99 lakh-newmarutisuzukiceleriofrontspyshot.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2020, 16:23   #25
BHPian

re: 2021 Maruti-Suzuki Alto spied on test

Looks more like a facelift than a new generation (as long as it sells, right?). I just hope it does not look as tacky as an S-Presso from the outside.
However, I do think the interiors will be a significant improvement over the current generation.
And keeping in tandem with the ever sky-rocketing car prices, I wouldn't be surprised if the top end is on the other side of the 5L mark.
Old 17th September 2020, 06:35   #26
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: 2021 Maruti-Suzuki Alto spied on test

I think GaadiWaadi lives right next to Maruti's test track (am serious).

Quote:
Originally Posted by hridaygandhi View Post
Looks more like a facelift than a new generation (as long as it sells, right?).
Will surely be "more of the same thing", although improved and brought more with the times. The Alto has just the formula that 1st-time car owners are looking for. Why mess with it?

Quote:
I just hope it does not look as tacky as an S-Presso from the outside.
The S-Presso's design was intentionally differentiated, to stand out in that segment. I expect the Alto to be more neutral, so as to appeal to a wider audience. First-time car owners can have conservative tastes too.
GTO is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 17th September 2020, 08:18   #27
Senior - BHPian

Is this the next Gen Celerio? If you see the thread on the next Gen Celerio, there are spy shots of the car and its hatch door resembles the one above of the next Gen Alto.

Or could be that both designs are so bland and neutral that they look the same!
Old 17th September 2020, 12:00   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
I was hoping that the latest Japanese Alto would be brought here. I'm disappointed. This looks like something on the Heartect platform.
The global Suzuki Alto is also due for a generation update and hence, there's no way that model will make it to India!
Also, the Global Alto and the WagonR as well, always had a radical design language which might or might not work in India where both these cars have always been neutral in order to keep the customers happy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I think GaadiWaadi lives right next to Maruti's test track (am serious).
The Maruti Suzuki R&D centre in Rohtak is just around 70 kilometres far from Gaadiwaadi's office in Gurugram! Probably the reason they are always the first ones to spy Maruti cars!
theAutomaniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2020, 14:36   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAutomaniac View Post
The global Suzuki Alto is also due for a generation update and hence, there's no way that model will make it to India!
Also, the Global Alto and the WagonR as well, always had a radical design language which might or might not work in India where both these cars have always been neutral in order to keep the customers happy!
This is the model I was talking about.

https://images.app.goo.gl/kbPS2gpLqsEcQGUu9
Old 18th September 2020, 15:19   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rshrey22 View Post
If they offer this with the 1.2 engine, then it will kill Swift's sales as the celerio would offer best of both worlds, practicality of Wagon R and sportiness of Swift (due to better suspension and handling characteristics over Wagon R).

Nicer interiors will attract buyers too!
Please, but better suspension and handling characteristics than the wagonR is hardly the bar to pass.. To beat the swift!!
Turrrb0 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks