Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2021, 20:10   #121
BHPian

re: 2nd-gen Maruti Celerio launched at Rs. 4.99 lakh

I would prefer the current celerio's design over the facelift. The black alloys look like rims without any cover from distance. Black rims look great on sportier cars and this design is far from it. I had waited for Celerio for almost 6 months last year and finally bought Wagon R. Am really glad I took that decision as the facelift doesn't appeal to me and delaying my decision to buy would have costed me dearly due to multiple price hikes by Maruti.
Maverick Avi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 21:17   #122
BHPian

My god ! What kind of design is this?
This looks as dated as the etios twins. The wagon r and ignis look much better than this grown up s presso.
Honestly I am disappointed in the looks department.
We definitely deserve a better design in this era.
Storme5257 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 22:07   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozeninTime View Post
S presso is built on Heartech platform not on kei platform. So technically new Celerio shares same platform as S presso, Wagon R.

Source:https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.aut...to-know-414508
Heartect is a marketing construct for their new platform that was used after 2015-16. All of Suzuki's platforms are so called Heartect except for the Brezza and S Cross which are built on an earlier gen platform. In the Heartect family, they have 3 categories from what I can see dimensionally:
1) The Kei category on which their S Presso, upcoming Alto and all Japan K Cars are built.
2) The Wagon-R / Ignis / New Celerio category which is wider than Kei platform
3) Swift / Baleno / Dzire and probably Ertiga(I am not sure) which are even wider.

Every company has its own philosophy of platform. As far as Suzuki is concerned, in their videos shared in YouTube, they clearly explain that crash energy flow management is a cornerstone of their platforms and are essentially scaleable in nature in terms of size. But the philosophy remains constant no matter the size.
Carma2017 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 22:21   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahilrai166 View Post
New Celerio spied during TVC shoot
Looks like a grown up Alto 800 more than anything else to me. The design to me is not eye catching like the Baleno or the Swift but it kind of grows on you. Looks like a small pebble. The rear looks a bit under tyred though given the space between the rear wheel arch and the window line. Perhaps a crease to break the space would have been useful.

With the 1.2 K12 engine it would be quite fast i assume.

Drive on,
Shibu.

Last edited by shibujp : 1st August 2021 at 22:23.
shibujp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 23:18   #125
BHPian

Uncanny resemblance, or should we call it "inspiration"?
2nd-gen Maruti Celerio launched at Rs. 4.99 lakh-img_20210801_231651.jpg

2nd-gen Maruti Celerio launched at Rs. 4.99 lakh-img_20210801_231600.jpg
porsche_guy is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 23:35   #126
BHPian

Unpopular opinion but I find this car good looking, nice small dimensions. Afterall its a KEI class car. Maruti should serious look at launching this car in electric version.
YashodhanGanu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2021, 01:09   #127
BHPian

Crib all we want, Ms are like the video game developers and their oppressive dlc policies like say Ubisoft

Is it wrong? Yes

Should they change strategies and listen to the market? Yes

Will it still sell in record numbers? Yes

Will they ever change? No.

The only real reason a brand like Tamo changed course from their insipid design language and underpowered engines was because they were losing market share.

With no diesel, nothing that sells above 15l otr, Ms are utterly dominating the market. The bean counters will always win.

The day MS even drops 10% market share is when it will all change.

The sad thing is MS had some path breaking designs. The 1,000, Jelly Bean Zen, the stunning First gen swift,the rugged Gypsy.

But I think the last stunning design was the first gen swift. Its been vanilla all the way with the odd hideous S Presso(no offense meant to owners)
Stribog is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2021, 11:06   #128
BHPian

This looks like a cross of Swift from the front, Celerio for the side profile and Alto at the C pillar. The stance is somewhat WagonR(Tallboy hatch height) ish and design looks neutral for a MSIL car. This will sell well though given its target price range.
Old 2nd August 2021, 11:12   #129
BHPian

No!! This is so not done. Looks so bulbous! The current design is so timeless, maybe Maruti you want to stick to it and add the 1.2liter engine option, but a serious no for the new design.

I just hope this one does not have the Baleno type body panels even if they look bulbous. No offence to Baleno owners here, but we all know that leaning on the car or a minor stone hit creates bumps/dents on the body panels.
Old 2nd August 2021, 11:19   #130
Senior - BHPian

A lot has been said already about the quirky styling.

I just want to add here that the Old Celerio was an inoffensive, simple, no nonsense vehicle.

This model, at least from the looks perspective, appears polarizing.
abhishek46 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2021, 11:23   #131
Senior - BHPian

Clearly a car they designed with K10 engine in mind. So it feels light. I wish they had kept it bit sharp and not curvy(like apple). This will sell for sure(perhaps even more than current Celerio)

While i echo some of the other comments here, Maruti knows the market and in this case we have huge market outside big cities and this safe design might just sell in smaller towns. There is a bit of Alto K10 (nose), Old baleno(front view), Espresso(side) and Baleno at the back. Overall not a car to hate.

Personally for me, i love such compact dimensions for city usage - Give me EV in this form factor and i am booking right now.
Old 2nd August 2021, 11:37   #132
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahilrai166 View Post
New Celerio spied during TVC shoot

Attachment 2186466

Attachment 2186467

Attachment 2186468
Source: RUSHLANE INSTAGRAM PAGE
Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/CSA146zi...um=share_sheet
I like this Design. Though not great, looks modern compared to the old version. This is going to be a making numbers for sure. Women and short distance office commuters will love this. New looks, upright stance and updated infotainment will give a bit of SUV/bigger car feel. Much needed facelift.
Old 2nd August 2021, 11:56   #133
BHPian

I would not say the perfect execution,
but compared to previous celerio it feels way ahead
Last celerio looked like an outsourced design, in-consistant with Suzuti design

Even though it looks dated and ugly (from certain angles) it belongs to family of Baleno, SWift etc. I can small grand success here which celerio has never achieved before
Old 2nd August 2021, 12:15   #134
BHPian

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 6th August 2021 at 08:26.
tanbeamer is offline   Received Infraction
Old 2nd August 2021, 12:27   #135
BHPian

Ever since i saw this set of photographs, i was trying to wrack my brain as to where i had seen this design. Words like Diahatsu and Perodua kept coming to my brain but i was not able to remember the model name. Here i finally have it.

Diahatsu Sirion/Storia
2nd-gen Maruti Celerio launched at Rs. 4.99 lakh-1920px20002001_daihatsu_storia.jpg

More than two decade old design this.

Personally i remember being pleased with the inoffensive clean design back then.
rohitoasis is online now   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks