Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2020, 23:48   #46
BHPian

re: 2nd-gen Maruti Celerio launched at Rs. 4.99 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavSam View Post
True that. That too when cars like Beat, Swift, Altroz have the rear door handles as flap type near the rear window it looks like a two door sports hatchback (which I never felt like since me or anyone can see the shutlines). So, it's just for the looks, premium or not depends on the context. May be the keyless request sensors have something to do with it?
You can put the request sensor on flap type handles too, like Dodge has been doing:
2nd-gen Maruti Celerio launched at Rs. 4.99 lakh-images.jpeg

I personally prefer the pull type handles as I find them more convenient to use but I don't think flap type handles should be considered as "less premium".
TaurusSHO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th November 2020, 12:13   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

New Spy pics of the YNC hatch:

Quote:
the new-gen model will be larger in size than the outgoing model, with a longer wheelbase and visibly higher ground clearance.
2nd-gen Maruti Celerio launched at Rs. 4.99 lakh-2.jpg

2nd-gen Maruti Celerio launched at Rs. 4.99 lakh-1.jpg

2nd-gen Maruti Celerio launched at Rs. 4.99 lakh-3.jpg

2nd-gen Maruti Celerio launched at Rs. 4.99 lakh-4.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 29th November 2020 at 12:18.
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th November 2020, 15:59   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

This looks to me more like an Alto than a Celerio. Look at the size of the windshield, the arrangement of the doors and windows and the rear. Its all smaller and more rounded than the existing Celerio and looks similar to the Espresso. Even the door handles are flap type and not pull out and I dont think Maruti would take a step backwards in these aspects. Hence this car is more like a newer Alto which will replace the current one with cues from the espresso and not the Celerio.
audioholic is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st December 2020, 10:27   #49
Senior - BHPian

The front reminds me of an Alto K10. Looks like it has a wide chrome bar on the top part of the grill, with the Suzuki logo in the middle and the mesh grille below - similar placement to the now discontinued Alto K10. Looking at the flap type door handles, it might end up being an Alto K10 with a Celerio badge for all you know. The only thing that looks a bit premium on that car are the alloy wheels.

Last edited by longhorn : 1st December 2020 at 10:29.
Old 1st December 2020, 11:47   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder View Post
Slightly but is there any mechanical benefit of having pull type handles versus flap type handles, or is it just aesthetics? Flap type handles are considered less premium but don’t know if there is any functional loss in opting for them.
There is no benefit whatsoever in having a Flap type door handle. Am not sure why it is making a come back. The flap type door handle is inconvenient and cumbersome to use, not mention that your hand gets stuck sometimes under the flap and it hurts badly too. I never ever liked it in my Punto !
Old 3rd December 2020, 11:50   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

All sightings of the car seem to point as the Next Gen Alto and not the Celerio as speculated:

2nd-gen Maruti Celerio launched at Rs. 4.99 lakh-2021marutialto800k101068x601.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 3rd December 2020 at 11:51.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 12:38   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder View Post
Slightly but is there any mechanical benefit of having pull type handles versus flap type handles, or is it just aesthetics? Flap type handles are considered less premium but don’t know if there is any functional loss in opting for them.
I wouldn't say less premium, a well done flush flap handles is any day aesthetically pleasing than a door handle like pull type handle.
It is just that Merc popularised them, hence pull type has that premium aura.

Though have to say, pull type handles are way more convenient to use. And way more safer, the reason why Merc (or was it Volvo?) started to use them.

In cheaper Marutis, would prefer flap type any day for the sole reason, over a few years or with rough usage, the pull type handles just goes loose on their mountings.
DicKy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 13:01   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
New Spy pics of the YNC hatch:

Link
More than the Celerio, it looks like next gen Alto K10 ! The car looks pretty basic from whatever is revealed in the pictures. I think they will not retain the Celerio name for this car. I may be completely wrong though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
I wouldn't say less premium, a well done flush flap handles is any day aesthetically pleasing than a door handle like pull type handle.
Yup, I loved the flappy handles on the Linea, they were tastefully done, same for the old Santro. Pull type handles are prone to breaking more than flappy ones. I've seen a lot of cars with these handles missing due to abuse, but rarely seen any flappy handle broken. Since they sit flush with doors, they can escape minor scrapes on the sides. A chunky handle protruding from the door will most probably break off on impact.

For practical purposes, handles offer more grip, the flappy ones tend to slip off your fingers sometimes, especially if the doors are heavy.
NiInJa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2021, 11:00   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Next Gen Celerio or Alto - confusion still on!?

New spy pic reveals its profile.
I do not know, but for me it's design looks familiar - looks similar to the first generation ALTO.
Old 6th January 2021, 19:57   #55
BHPian

I read somewhere that it will also have a 1.2, 4 cylinder engine.
Is this true?
Old 12th January 2021, 11:28   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

New hatchback (Celerio), undisguised!

2nd-gen Maruti Celerio launched at Rs. 4.99 lakh-2021maruticeleriospied171068x601.jpg

Quote:
the edges have become more rounded and the rear looks and taillights to have taken inspiration from the Baleno. It gets redesigned rectangular-shaped tail lamps, new single-piece tailgate with integrated spoiler, and a new bumper with horizontal reflectors. The Suzuki badge is mounted in the middle of the tailgate structure with a pull type boot opener as in the existing model. Based on a new architecture, the second generation Celerio appears to have grown in size and thus more interior space will be liberated for occupants and the spy image also shows a wider track that should ensure a better road presence
Quote:
The pillars are not as upright as in the outgoing model and instead the roofline inclines towards the rear giving a sporty appeal. The windshield is more raked, as does the B-pillar and a rounded quarter glass can also be seen. It will boast a redesigned front fascia with new headlamps, grille and reworked bumper while the top-end variants should avail new set of wheels.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 12th January 2021 at 11:31.
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th January 2021, 13:28   #57
BHPian

Why does it look very similar to the Grand i10 from rear or is it just me?
pritanshchandra is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2021, 15:23   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

The Gen Next Celerio spotted on test again. Will launch in 2021.

To be more rounded than the current design, shedding its tall boy design and will be in line with Baleno.

The front now gets a redesigned bumper and headlamps which look to be halogen units instead of LEDs or projectors to keep costs down.

Quote:
Over to the side, the alloy wheels look quite stylish, though the lower models will come without wheel covers. On the rear, it now gets bigger taillights and a redesigned handle for the boot. The test mule in the pictures also comes with a rear washer/wiper, which should come as standard in the higher variants. Notice that the new C-pillar is now more inclined and lower compared to the upright ones in the current model.

Quote:
Moving to the interior, the new Maruti Celerio has borrowed the current-generations Wagon R’s SmartPlay Studio infotainment system that comes with integrated Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. The steering wheel is from the Ignis and should come with audio controls on the higher variants. The AC vents now get a vertical design to free up space on the dashboard. Also, a quick look at the interior reveals fixed headrests. Other highlights include a 12V charging socket, two cupholders, and a tray to keep your mobile or wallet while the instrument cluster now may be a semi-digital unit
2nd-gen Maruti Celerio launched at Rs. 4.99 lakh-maruticeleriospyshotsideprofile8fb7_wm.jpg

2nd-gen Maruti Celerio launched at Rs. 4.99 lakh-newmaruticeleriorearspyimage1c532_wm.jpg

2nd-gen Maruti Celerio launched at Rs. 4.99 lakh-newmaruticeleriosideprofilespyimage1658a_wm.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 2nd February 2021 at 15:25.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2021, 22:49   #59
BHPian

I think the ongoing trend of cars growing in size is super annoying. I've been looking to select a car for my aging dad who's used to a super narrow M800. The previous gen WagonR looked like a terrific contender, but the current-gen one is a fat duck.

Same treatment to the Celerio, from what it appears.

Also, the current-gen Celerio gets pull-type door handles. The flap-type handles in these scoop pics are a sad downgrade.
hellmet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2021, 00:42   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
I think the ongoing trend of cars growing in size is super annoying. I've been looking to select a car for my aging dad who's used to a super narrow M800. The previous gen WagonR looked like a terrific contender, but the current-gen one is a fat duck.

Same treatment to the Celerio, from what it appears.

Also, the current-gen Celerio gets pull-type door handles. The flap-type handles in these scoop pics are a sad downgrade.
I am in the same boat, looking for a car to take to some super tight roads with very limited parking and most options seem to be oversized. I can understand the reasoning but my search is frustrating
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks