Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2019, 15:15   #1
Senior - BHPian

Isuzu V-Cross facelift launched at Rs. 15.51 lakh

Isuzu has launched the V-Cross facelift in India. The pick-up truck is available in two variants - standard and Z priced at Rs. 15.51 lakh and Rs. 17.03 lakh (ex-showroom, Mumbai) respectively.

Isuzu V-Cross facelift launched at Rs. 15.51 lakh-image-1-7.jpg

The updated V-Cross gets a new chrome grille with Bi-LED headlamps. The front bumper houses a pair of fog lamps that have a chrome strip next to them. It comes with a new side step, blacked-out B-pillar, roof rails and a shark fin antenna. It has LED tail lamps and is equipped with 18-inch diamond cut alloy wheels.

Isuzu V-Cross facelift launched at Rs. 15.51 lakh-image-2-3.jpg

The V-Cross facelift has black interiors. The Z variant gets perforated leather seats. It comes with a new instrument cluster that has gear shift indicator, centre console with piano black garnish and a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system. A USB charging port has been provided in the second row.

The V-Cross is powered by a 2.5-litre, 4-cylinder diesel engine that produces 134 BHP @ 3,600 rpm and 320 Nm of torque @ 1,800-2,800 rpm. The engine is mated to a 5-speed manual transmission and a four-wheel drive system. It comes with Hill Start Assist and Hill Descent Control.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 20th June 2019 at 15:17.
TusharK is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 20th June 2019, 16:24   #2
BHPian

Re: Isuzu V-Cross facelift launched at Rs. 15.51 lakh

The site can be accessed at this link. Attaching the brochure for updated V-Max. Good updates. They could have improved the interior ambiance and stereo.

Isuzu V-Cross facelift launched at Rs. 15.51 lakh-vmaxfeatures.jpg

Isuzu V-Cross facelift launched at Rs. 15.51 lakh-vmaxint.jpg

Isuzu V-Cross facelift launched at Rs. 15.51 lakh-vmaxintext.jpg

Isuzu V-Cross facelift launched at Rs. 15.51 lakh-vmaxspecs.jpg
Attached Files
File Type: pdf V-Cross-Facelift-2019-Brochure.pdf (4.26 MB, 459 views)
PraNeel is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 20th June 2019, 16:31   #3
BHPian

Thanks for this update. Following which i have a few queries -

- This is a BSIV vehicle correct, with the existing engine from the current Vcross
- If one was to buy this registered in Delhi, it can run in Delhi NCR till 2029 with no issues. Yes ?
- After October 2019 can BSIV vehicles like this Facelift be sold in Delhi NCR or other Metros.?
- If no is the answer to the above query, then is this facelift aimed at the Tier 2 market, while a BSVI compliant Vcross will be launched for the Metro cities?

Apologies for the multiple questions but the BSVI situation has left me a bit confused

thanks

Kundan
Old 20th June 2019, 16:41   #4
Senior - BHPian

Why doesn't this have a 6th gear? Any specific reason?
This is a humongous vehicle, there is one where I live. Looks spacious but is the rear really comfortable? I would be so tempted to make this my next but always wondered if it's even practical for family and mostly in the city.
Old 20th June 2019, 16:48   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Isuzu has launched the V-Cross facelift in India
Is a similar face-lift in the offing for MUX as well?
Old 20th June 2019, 17:01   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
This is a humongous vehicle, there is one where I live. Looks spacious but is the rear really comfortable? I would be so tempted to make this my next but always wondered if it's even practical for family and mostly in the city.
I think a pick up truck is the most impractical mod of transport in Indian cities! The rear wouldn't be half as comfy as you think, ride would be lumpen and that bed behind the cabin is an overkill: unless you're the kind of person running a small factory or have a farm house, where you need to carry all stuff on the bed of the pickup!
Durango Dude is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th June 2019, 17:24   #7
BHPian

There was news about the D-Max V-Cross with the BS-VI compliant engine and an automatic gearbox.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...4x4-spied.html
Why not launch an Automatic gearbox variant of the more premium V-Cross?
adi.mariner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2019, 19:12   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Is a similar face-lift in the offing for MUX as well?
Me too eagerly waiting for that. I am planning to buy an SUV after about 6 months. Present MUX is offering much less than what it offers in many overseas market. I recently had a long talk with their feedback team. They patiently heard my concerns. Hope they implement atleast some of them. Even though it's cheaper than others in its league, the expensive ones seem more VFM when compared to MUX. Really hoping they bring in much needed upgrades in the near future.

I have come to know that cosmetic changes in the MUX (as in the case of D Max) are on the cards.

Last edited by GTO : 21st June 2019 at 08:18. Reason: Poor language & grammar. Please type your posts properly
nozzlering is offline   Received Infraction
Old 20th June 2019, 21:25   #9
BHPian

Personally, quite a let down as I was waiting for it for quite some time. I was expecting the new 1.9L BSVI engine with A/T, as suggested by the spied news. Seems like a confused launch, with no clear strategy for the Indian market.

Time I dropped the plans for an Isuzu and shop for something else!
Monaro is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st June 2019, 08:23   #10
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Okay on the facelift, but what they really needed was an automatic. The lethargy of such companies is frustrating . I wonder if Isuzu India has imported some "management gurus" from Hindustan Motors!

Quote:
The 5th is tall enough (although of course, a 6th would be welcome). 100 km/h comes in at 2,100 rpm, while 120 km/h is seen at 2,500 rpm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksingh544 View Post
If one was to buy this registered in Delhi, it can run in Delhi NCR till 2029 with no issues. Yes ?
Yes.

Quote:
After October 2019 can BSIV vehicles like this Facelift be sold in Delhi NCR or other Metros.?
No 10-year old diesel can be resold in Delhi. It can in other cities / towns.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st June 2019, 09:10   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
I think a pick up truck is the most impractical mod of transport in Indian cities! The rear wouldn't be half as comfy as you think, ride would be lumpen and that bed behind the cabin is an overkill: unless you're the kind of person running a small factory or have a farm house, where you need to carry all stuff on the bed of the pickup!
Its a long vehicle, navigating city streets can be a bit of a bother for a beginner. The driving position is car-like, controls are within reach, the ride is comfortable, even more than some of the more people oriented SUVs, you won't feel like you are in a pickup. The rear seating is a bit upright and i did not feel comfortable there.

I feel it can be of good use to someone like me who would like to take a bunch of bicycles and head out of town on weekends, but the engine was a killjoy , it felt like a truck engine, not in a good way and loud. So i dropped that idea, i was ready to consider it again had it come with a better power plant and seats in the back.
Kosfactor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2019, 09:28   #12
Senior - BHPian

Test drove this. Had the same feeling like driving a Scorpio or a Safari Storme.

Any SUV guy will be comfortable with this vehicle.

I am a sedan / hatchback guy, absolutely hated the drive, the turning radius was a major turn off!
2000rpm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2019, 10:34   #13
BHPian

Quote:

I own the V-cross and as one of the first buyers its almost 3 years young. Its spacious including the rear legroom. The shoulder room is one of the best and once you get used to the shoulder room in V-cross its hard to substitute especially on long drives. The rear seat is a bit upright but unless its intended for old folks its not an issue.

But V-cross as a city run, I have said it before and I would say again NO!

It's not an SUV its a life style vehicle which is better suited for highway drives and adventures. And if its work related where a truck is needed I would suggest a much cheaper dual cab D-max. If you want to buy the V-cross make sure you have a hatchback for city runs.

Coming to facelift the cabin has improved a lot since the first version, the leather seats, the all black dashboard, electric seats etc. Also with TCS/ESP and hill hold feature makes it a better vehicle as compared to when it was launched. But the truck costs a lot more.

Is it enough ? May be since a lot of people in this segment prefer manual. The 2.5 ltr engine is low on power but most of the buyers have remapped.

Will I upgrade to the new V-cross? No unless there is automatic till then I will use the version I have.
tazmaan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st June 2019, 13:58   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Okay on the facelift, but what they really needed was an automatic. The lethargy of such companies is frustrating . I wonder if Isuzu India has imported some "management gurus" from Hindustan Motors!
On the very day that Isuzu's next door neighbor in Andhra Pradesh Kia Motors announces the launch of their new product with 3 god damn options of AT gearboxes, the officials at Isuzu motors decide to sit back, relax take a few big hits of that crazy stuff that they have stashed around and say here you go we have launched an all new Vcross with a tiger inspired sexy new front grill but kept the same old heart because we have anyways sold more than our target so why bother.

So while we have some manufacturers who are really serious about hitting the Indian market there are others who have secured a great first mover advantage in a virtually unexplored segment of lifestyle pick up trucks, who want to continue milking the Indian consumer instead of further strengthening their position. When it was launched 3 years back I had found the V Cross as a great value for money product even without the basic features that were not standard. If you were to compare the amount of metal to the buck that you got as compared to say a Creta for the same money you got a much bigger full sized SUV with a huge boot at the back. But of course things have changed in the past 3 years and what seemed like value for money then does not seem so today, even the Creta today with all its updates over the years is not really as appealing anymore. So when Isuzu finally comes up with an update and offers nothing new besides a new grill, bigger wheels, faux leather seats and a few basic essentials like a factory fitted audio system which should have been standard since the very beginning anyways, don't even offer an AT gearbox which could have definitely further helped their sales but still increase the price from 16L to 20L OTR, you know how serious they are and how the "All New V Cross" is not a value product any more.

Now there is a murmur that the AT variant with the new BS6 compliant 1.9L engine will be launched next year and I am pretty sure that if it does it will come with another increase in price. Will an AT variant with the new engine at say 25L OTR still be a good buy by next year? Will the market still be the same in 2020? I really really hope bigger manufacturers like Toyota or Ford use this opportunity with the market already tested out by Isuzu and tap into this segment of lifestyle pickup trucks by bringing down fully loaded better options like the Hilux or Ranger that are based on Fortuner and Endeavour.
vvb8530 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th July 2019, 10:13   #15
BHPian

TVC

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks