Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2019, 08:18   #16
BHPian

While the Brezza is getting these features, I wonder why on Earth Maruti isn't offering the 1.5L petrol on it and the S-Cross. I just don't get this. There has been a major shift from diesel to petrol in sale patterns and then there are these cars that don't even get a petrol engine.
Once the BS6 norms kick in next year, these cars are going to get much pricier. With diesel sales going south, Maruti may lose big chunk to EcoSport/XUV300/Venue for the good petrol engine options those cars offer. Though Nexon's petrol is not exactly in this league, all Brezza's competitors have a turbo petrol engine and EcoSport and Venue have 2 petrol engine options to choose from.
itsashishsharma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2019, 10:14   #17
BHPian

Re: Rumour: Vitara Brezza facelift to get sunroof & side airbags

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
While the Brezza is getting these features, I wonder why on Earth Maruti isn't offering the 1.5L petrol on it and the S-Cross. I just don't get this. There has been a major shift from diesel to petrol in sale patterns and then there are these cars that don't even get a petrol engine.
Once the BS6 norms kick in next year, these cars are going to get much pricier. With diesel sales going south, Maruti may lose big chunk to EcoSport/XUV300/Venue for the good petrol engine options those cars offer. Though Nexon's petrol is not exactly in this league, all Brezza's competitors have a turbo petrol engine and EcoSport and Venue have 2 petrol engine options to choose from.
Yea absolutely, you are bang on! I mean it shouldn't have taken so much time for Maruti to launch the Petrol versions of these two cars in the first place. I really don't get the delay on part of Maruti. Let us hope the Brezza comes in 1.5 and 1.2 Petrol options and the S-cross with 1.5 and 1.0 Petrol options.
NFS2024 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2019, 14:29   #18
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam81 View Post
It's bit confusing on the Diesel Engine. Does this post suggests that 1.5 DDiS will be upgraded to meet BS VI norms?
Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
I have a feeling Maruti will do what it takes to upgrade the new 1.5 diesel to BS6 norms
Bang on. We have it confirmed from a parts vendor that BS6 work on the 1.5L diesel is underway. Maruti might miss the BS6 deadline by 9 - 12 months though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
Tata Nexon safety rating is pushing competition to match the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
Brezza already has a 4 star GNCAP rating and they wouldn't be too worried on that front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
Yea absolutely, you are bang on! I mean it shouldn't have taken so much time for Maruti to launch the Petrol versions of these two cars in the first place. I really don't get the delay on part of Maruti.
Seriously. The only plausible explanation I can think of is:

1. The 1.5L petrol, being a new engine, needs to get its production ramped up. Remember, the 1.5L petrol now has a dual battery SHVS too.

2. Maruti is depending on the initial users of this engine (Ciaz & Ertiga) for feedback, improvements, any niggles, fine-tuning etc.
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th June 2019, 14:36   #19
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

1. The 1.5L petrol, being a new engine, needs to get its production ramped up. Remember, the 1.5L petrol now has a dual battery SHVS too.

2. Maruti is depending on the initial users of this engine (Ciaz & Ertiga) for feedback, improvements, any niggles, fine-tuning etc.
One more reason may be, Suzuki may be developing a Turbo version of the 1.2L K-Series engine which will be the apt engine for their smaller cars for obvious tax benefits. They have the Turbo versions of both 1L and 1.4L K-series engines.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 25th June 2019 at 14:49.
romeomidhun is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th June 2019, 14:42   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
One more reason may be, Suzuki may be developing a Turbo version of the 1.2L K-Series engine which will be the apt engine for these cars. They have the Turbo versions of both 1L and 1.4L K-series engines.
+1. I think this could be another reason, using the 1.2 dualjet or 1.2L K Series. The 1.5L petrol would rob the Brezza of (<4m & <1200cc) tax benefits.
Old 25th June 2019, 15:56   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
+1. I think this could be another reason, using the 1.2 dualjet or 1.2L K Series. The 1.5L petrol would rob the Brezza of (<4m & <1200cc) tax benefits.
On the contrary, how much time/investment would it need Maruti to locally manufacture the 1.0 Boosterjet engine? This engine is more than enough for all the cars, if we set aside fuel efficiency for a moment. This will also take care of reductions in import costs and they can price the cars sensibly.
Old 25th June 2019, 16:10   #22
BHPian

Tax benefits on 1.5 litre Petrol engine would be hardly 30-40k northwards for the Customer. Maruti should go ahead and launch Brezza with 1.5 litre petrol engine and also tweek the bumpers to be like bumpers by extending on the rear side.

The increase in price will not drive away new customers, as we are all familiar with annual increase in prices to the tune of 20-30k, every year.
Old 25th June 2019, 17:26   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
GTO - Even if we were to go by the 2nd argument, the Ciaz and Ertiga are one segment above the Brezza. Am not so sure if they would launch the engine in these cars for customer feedback, fine tuning. I mean these cars sell a lot in their respective segment and those customers cannot be guinea pigs

Anyways, let's wait and watch.
Old 25th June 2019, 20:27   #24
Senior - BHPian

The Brezaa wont come with a 1.2 motor just because both engines K12B and K12N (New one) dont have that good a bottom end to move an SUV. 1.5 petrol works well and as mentioned above, wont have a big price bump due to the bigger engine; according to a source.
Old 28th June 2019, 11:50   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermodynamics View Post
Thanks for sharing.

MSIL usually launches a facelift in 3 to 4 years time frame. It has been 3 years since Brezza was launched and guess a facelift is due in coming months.

Stiff competition: While Venue, Eco-sport, Nexon and XUV-300, all have unique value proposition the Brezza excels at none. The benchmark set is very high and hope the facelift catches up most of it.

If sunroof, side airbags and bigger engines are on cards, this would be a major facelift. Since I drive a Brezza, some of my wish list other than the already said changes are
1. improvement in NVH levels
2. improvement in doors design: the last door doesn't shut easily because of vacuum. The way air leaves cabin while shutting a door is not well designed as a result the last door always needs excessive force.
3. Interior quality: Feels cheap, I guess no need to elaborate further.
4. Aesthetically the exhaust pipe is not tidy. Rear bumper is a half baked up-skirt design exposing the exhaust pipe like a sore thumb. It is kind of tilted too.
#1 and #3 are really bad for a car that costs 10L+ on road. Suzuki should introduce full floor, doors and engine bay sound insulation. They have the price margin in the market to do it.

If they don't want to increase prices on base models, offer it on mid model onwards. And do a national marketing campaign promoting the quite premium cabins. Go aggressively after the premium customer that buys Creta at least with a couple of variants. Premium customers also enjoy value for money. Nobody is offering it to them.

Suzuki has the right size and shape for Brezza to be a star performer for a long time to come. They just need to evolve their thinking to satisfy the premium buyer in the evolving market.

Last edited by guptad42 : 28th June 2019 at 11:51. Reason: typo
guptad42 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2019, 12:05   #26
Senior - BHPian

The original post says side airbags but a lot of people seem to assume curtain airbags too. So which one is it - four or six airbags?
Old 1st July 2019, 18:03   #27
Senior - BHPian

When is the facelift due? Some reports point to 2020, some claim "in the next few months"
Old 4th July 2019, 10:49   #28
BHPian

Suzuki Vitara Katana revealed at the Turin Auto Show 2019. Presently available in the Italian market although other markets will receive them as well. I think it looks cool and should definitely come to India.

Autoevolution

Rumour: Vitara Brezza facelift to get sunroof & side airbags-suzukivitarakatana1021x574.jpg

Rumour: Vitara Brezza facelift to get sunroof & side airbags-suzukivitarakatana51068x601.jpg

Rumour: Vitara Brezza facelift to get sunroof & side airbags-suzukivitarakatana21068x601.jpg

Last edited by jailbird_fynix : 4th July 2019 at 10:52.
jailbird_fynix is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th July 2019, 23:10   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailbird_fynix View Post
Suzuki Vitara Katana revealed at the Turin Auto Show 2019. Presently available in the Italian market although other markets will receive them as well. I think it looks cool and should definitely come to India.
This would give tough time to cars like Creta, but Maruti isn't confident about selling such premium cars after multiple unsuccessful attempts, S-Cross 1.6 being their last attempt.

They have serious rework to be done to brezza to keep the sales
  • 1.3 Diesel needs to be replace
  • Needs more safety kit
  • AMT needs to be mated to the new 1.5 to keep the automatic customers happy.
  • Needs petrol heart before BS6 norms.
Old 5th July 2019, 10:58   #30
BHPian

Any timeline for the launch of petrol brezza? Different dates are mentioned in online articles. I hope the new launch will have BS6 compliant petrol AMT variant.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks