Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2019, 11:51   #46
BHPian

Re: Rumour: Vitara Brezza facelift to get sunroof & side airbags

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
What kind of jokers are these guys? Still coming up with that stupid 4 speed Automatic transmission
I'm really pissed off with this AMT and archaic automatic transmission nonsense. You have three capable compact SUV's let down by AMT and now this 4 speed one. I have to spend 50% more money just to get a better transmission, while Brezza, Nexon & XUV 300 are all that's I need. Can anyone wake these idiots and let them know which year is it!!
Definitely a downer when compared to other auto boxes in the market, however, out on the road, the 4 speed slush box still holds a decent place. It’s not complicated as a DSG, is not as irritating as a CVT and is competitively cheaper than a 6 speed auto box. Yes it’s not a cracker of a transmission, it just gets the job done in the most economical and convenient way!
vinair is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th August 2019, 10:38   #47
BHPian

Why Maruti Suzuki does not offer sunroof in their cars

Quote:
One manufacturer that does not offer them in any of their models throughout their range is Maruti Suzuki. The Ciaz, S-Cross, XL6, Vitara Brezza, all from their premium and top of the range models do not get a sunroof, despite the competition having offered them in their cars.

Speaking to CV Raman, senior executive director, Engineering, MSIL we learnt that one of the main reasons why Maruti does not offer a sunroof is that India is country where ambient temperatures go up to 50-degrees. A sunroof works better in regions with colder temperatures where one needs to allow more sunlight in, to warm up the cabin. In a country like India, with its hot climate, a sunroof does not offer much benefit to the end-user and most people in India would not use it every day. CV Raman also said that in India, the sunroof would put added pressure on the air-conditioning as well.

Another reason why the manufacturer does provide this feature is that it does not wish for kids sticking their heads out of sunroof as it is a health hazard. One other reason for the sunroof to be missing from Maruti Suzuki’s offering is that it adds to the servicing cost of the vehicle with the gutters and rubber sealing having to be cleaned and checked on a regular basis during service intervals.

CV Raman mentioned that their internal clinics have suggested that only a small number of around 4-5% of their customers really want a sunroof.
Source
FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 29th August 2019, 10:50   #48
BHPian

Oh my God!!! Thanks Maruti for putting so much thought on our kids safety. As responsible parents, we should always buy Marutis because they don't offer a sunroof which will tempt our kids to stick their heads out.

They also offer the best safety features on thier cars. Their build quality and the number of airbags they provide in their models are top rated and are better than the best in the world. They also provide more safety features for their cars manufactured in India compared to elsewhere in the world, especially European countries.

Their cars in India offer more stars per car in all the world renowned crash tests. None of them score less than a 5 star rating. In fact global rating agencies regularly benchmark their safety ratings based on India manufactured Marutis.

Thanks Maruti. You are our saviour in these tough times.

Last edited by racer_ash : 29th August 2019 at 10:58.
racer_ash is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 29th August 2019, 10:51   #49
BHPian

To me the not so hidden message is "fuel efficiency will take a hit" and Maruti with a poor mileage is a taboo.
Old 29th August 2019, 11:31   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoOfTheShire View Post

Source

While Maruti lags behind on offering safety on their cars, I agree with Mr. Raman's statement. Whataboutism invoking their lesser airbags or thinner metal doesn't take away anything from their arguments against sunroof.
ani_meher is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 29th August 2019, 11:42   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And I was thinking that only one guy had lost it when he said "Airbags are not need in India".

Now here comes another one.

Can't they see where the competition and the customer expectations are going ? What else will they offer to customers ? If not more features, what else they have ? Cars are already tin cans.

Sorry if I sounded bit harsh, but I struggle to make sense of such thought process.
AutoNoob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2019, 11:48   #52

Quote:

Source
It just feels like they dug up all the cons of getting a sunroof to justify themselves. It will affect the price and fuel efficiency, the biggest USP of Maruti and hence they don't have it.

Yes it could lead to a hazard if anyone (not just kids) stick out your head in the moving car but rather then removing the sunroof you teach the kids (and adults) not to do so. Just like you can stick out your head from the side window. Even a kitchen knife can be hazardous but do we not keep it in our kitchen or we learn to use it properly?

Quote:
only a small number of around 4-5% of their customers really want a sunroof.
I guess similar survey exists for safety features
goldsmit409 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th August 2019, 12:01   #53
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
While Maruti lags behind on offering safety on their cars, I agree with Mr. Raman's statement. Whataboutism invoking their lesser airbags or thinner metal doesn't take away anything from their arguments against sunroof.
The ‘valid statements’ that Mr.Raman raised on sunroofs is applicable to window glasses too right. Does that mean, they will eventually remove window glasses because keeping the head and hands outside of a moving car through window glasses is equally dangerous in a country like India. It’s amazing that, Maruti remains totally unaffected with these kinds of statements and actions.

In case if Maruti starts offering sunroofs due to market demand, will they come up with statements like ‘we believe in population control and there by making Indian economy growing at a faster rate’.

Last edited by pavi : 29th August 2019 at 12:04.
pavi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2019, 12:35   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
The respected Mr. Raman's argument about all the disadvantages are all fine. However, him taking a high pedestal on how Maruti thinks about our Kids' health hazard is what gets my goat. Also, see how carefully he avoided the word 'Safety' and termed it 'Health Hazard' (assuming the reporter quotes him Verbatim).
racer_ash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2019, 12:59   #55
BHPian

I am not surprised.
Mr. Raman is famous for making such statements.
Maruti has a simple rule which they've been following over the years. We will play around with our existing stock, making little changes and develop a new car altogether. It's baffling that Indians end up taking the bait and flock into the showrooms whereas if any other manufacture would have done the same one cannot imagine the criticism it would undergo.
Here are we, consumers expecting such features from Maruti who frankly hasn't even developed a new set of Keys or Power window switches for vehicle in it's line up.
If you want equipment in MS, ask it's direct competitor to put a dent on their sales and enjoy the show. You might end up seeing a sunroof but well the competitors are too some smart bunch as they will end up offering Panoramic Sunroofs.

Maruti Suzuki India as I've said it earlier is all about cost cutting, they would go to any extent to save money. Hence, expecting them to give such features is going to be a mere dream. Even if we get them, stay ready for some other compromises cause this manufacturer won't even take a hit of single penny from it's fat margin.
YashD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2019, 21:10   #56
BHPian

Relax people, everybody is entitled to their opinion. As we have discussed earlier in multiple threads, we Team BHPians form a miniscule fraction of Car buying community. Our wishes, whims and fancies are read no doubt by all OEMs but end of the day they listen to the Average Joe on the street. We are probably are not the people to whom Maruti folks talk and even if they do, they may be ruling us out as exceptions.
Old 29th August 2019, 22:10   #57
BHPian

Quote:

Source
What kind of an explanation is this to justify their deficiencies? First the statement from RC Bhargava and then this. It's an irony to see them talking about safety. Next they will say they provide flimsy body panels for the safety of pedestrians. Nonetheless, they know for sure that such statements or cost cutting won't affect them and people will continue to throng their showrooms to buy any product they launch.

On another note I fail to understand how they fail to gauge the trend in such basic things. First the fiasco with the 1.5 DDIS engine and then this (although on a much smaller scale). While I agree that sunroof is not something that will be too useful for most of the people, but the fact is that it is a parameter that people consider while buying cars. I personally know 2 people who bought the WR-V just because of their inclination towards the sunroof. After all it's a perceived premium factor in the segment.

If they were really so concerned about safety they would have come up with 6 airbags in their flagship models at least.
Old 21st September 2019, 10:39   #58
Senior - BHPian

If this is true, I’m pretty much disappointed to see the so called “facelift” - it is indeed in literal sense living upto the term. Hope they update feature list and provide sunroof to take on the new boy in town the Venue.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...s-shape-414218
Attached Thumbnails
Rumour: Vitara Brezza facelift to get sunroof & side airbags-28cfe1fc39804edba59043c216eab4ca.jpeg  

gururajrv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2019, 11:02   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururaj---

[url
https://www.autocarindia.com/car-news/maruti-vitara-brezza-facelift-takes-shape-414218[/url]
And the rear view of the upcoming Vitara Brezza face-lift,

Rumour: Vitara Brezza facelift to get sunroof & side airbags-2020marutisuzukivitarabrezzapetrolfacelifte1569013735149.jpg
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2019, 19:51   #60
BHPian

Reigniting a old thread. I am in market for a new car and it must be a petrol. Been graviating from celerio to Brezza and what not. I dont mind waiting another 3-4 months but i am not getting any confirmed new regarding vitara brezzza BS 6 petrol version.

Question to those in know of things- any tentative dates or month when Maruti intends to launch upcoming facelift of vitara brezza. I thought they will launch in fastival period but saw no action.

I would have bought the existing one but than only if they had a petrol option . I am sure they lost tons of customer due to lack of petrol option.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks