Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2019, 10:20   #61
BHPian

re: Tata Hexa to be discontinued in 2020? EDIT: No, BS6 Hexa confirmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
It makes sense to discontinue the Hexa. It hardly sells and is going to get worse in the coming months. Another beautiful car and all the effort that went into it wasted.

Lets go buy more Marutis. We deserve nothing better.
Absolutely agree with you. I posted on similar lines on another thread in the forum. I find it difficult to comprehend how the average Indian is able to spot capable cars and then stay away from them.

Say, in all my naivety, couldn't TATA have called the forthcoming 7 seater as "the next generation Hexa". At least the model name would have lived on to see another day.
maven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2019, 15:16   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
Say, in all my naivety, couldn't TATA have called the forthcoming 7 seater as "the next generation Hexa". At least the model name would have lived on to see another day.
I had hoped they called it the next generation Safari as it is visually similar and the Safari has a brand recall and fan following which Tata could have cashed on.
nainan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2019, 22:58   #63
BHPian

Tata Hexa is one of the most brilliant vehicle for Indian Conditions and I swear by it.

This should have been the car that should have dethroned the Innova....but alas, poor efforts from TaMo and buyer perception are killing this outstanding vehicle.

I have done close to 50k of extremely rough driving and I don't even hear a squeak from the cabin. That Torque Converter Auto Gearbox is the best in the class and so are the 19 incher Alloys.

The Ride quality is one of the best in India. And I enjoy the heavy hydraulic steering as it's the last of its kind.

Am glad and proud that I own it and I hope to keep it for a long time still.

The Buzzard better pray that it's as good as this.
Flash777 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th July 2019, 23:21   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash777 View Post
Tata Hexa is one of the most brilliant vehicle for Indian Conditions and I swear by it.
Reading the reviews here, I had high expectations for the ride quality. So I took a test ride of the XTA. I found the ride to be good, but Duster is still better. May be the test ride car was abused a lot. Anyone else can compare the ride quality with Duster?

Last edited by ampere : 12th July 2019 at 21:04. Reason: trimmed quoted post
Old 10th July 2019, 00:36   #65

I had a test ride from the showroom at Pashan,Pune.
Tried hard braking at speed , vehicle holds the line . Have a bit of rough road in near vicinity (internal road besides Mercedes Showroom) didn't slow down the vehicle on teh roughs, passenger are not thrown off the seats. Same road had driven Duster too but Hexa felt more composed and comfortable for passengers.This is purely my take.

Try a back to back drive of both vehicles which my help to understand better.
VinodGK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2019, 00:44   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
Reading the reviews here, I had high expectations for the ride quality. So I took a test ride of the XTA. I found the ride to be good, but Duster is still better. May be the test ride car was abused a lot. Anyone else can compare the ride quality with Duster?
From the official TEAM-BHP review of the Hexa:
Quote:
Ride quality is one of the Hexa's strongest points. Rather, let me rephrase that = the Hexa's ride quality is AWESOME. Forget the Innova Crysta, there's no comparison with it. The Hexa easily meets or beats our ride comfort benchmark, the Renault Duster!
r0nit7 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2019, 13:02   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
I get where you are coming from. But a test drive isn't really enough to bring out the strengths of the XTA.

Here's my experience:
During the vehicle selection stage my wife and I test drove Endeavour and Hexa. I personally liked the Auto of the Hexa Vs the Endeavour, both vehicles being as large as they are, were surprisingly maneuverable. Liked the steering feel of both as well. But at this stage I still couldn't get what the fuss about ride quality was. It was good, yes, was what I kept thinking. Price being key consideration, the gap between Hexa and Endeavour was too much to ignore. Given the all around ride/handling feedback from the reviews took an informed leap of faith.

Few months later took my usual Greater Noida-Lucknow trip. It dawned how nicely it rides on triple digit speeds, takes sweeping corners without a fuss, handles undulations of the express way. I was thinking, made a good choice.

Earlier this year in June, over an year into the ownership, went for a trip to the mountains. And boy, it truly dawned how good or should it be great, the vehicle is. Went over gravel and to be laid roads near BAZPUR, the occupants didn't feel a thing. I couldn't believe the bad quality of the road Vs how little of it was being passed on to me by the car. Outstanding.

I only wish TATA had shown more faith in its own vehicle and backed it to the hilt that it so rightfully deserves.
maven is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 10th July 2019, 13:26   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
I get where you are coming from. But a test drive isn't really enough to bring out the strengths of the XTA.

I only wish TATA had shown more faith in its own vehicle and backed it to the hilt that it so rightfully deserves.
Designing and manufacturing a great car is one thing, after sales support is another and TATA really failed at this part. No doubt Hexa is a great product but the dealerships are equally responsible for its sales numbers. They are the real face of the company and customers interact with them throughout their ownership life cycle. Depressing showrooms, poor service quality, lack of knowledge among general public about Tata product are the main reason for poor sales.

Perception about Tata cars are hitting their capable products really hard.
If this same car came with a badge The Big 'S', it would have already killed the segment leaders. Sad but true!

-UB
UB_007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th July 2019, 15:01   #69
BHPian

I see many people talking about bad perception of TATA A.S.S for the poor sales. I am confused here.
Perception actually matters much more lower down the price range, say sub-10L. People want to play safe with their first/ second car and prefer to buy what all others buy. Despite this Nexon was second best seller for almost a year or more. Even after introduction of XUV300 and Venue the sales have not fallen below 4K mark.

At 20L price range most buyers are well informed about their choices and only perception will not matter.
The bigger problem is lack of Brand Image than anything else. Buying TATA is not great for showing-off or to make a statement one has arrived. Toyota provides that with both Fortuner and to some extent with Innova Cryta. This is the same reason Hyundai is not able to crack the premium SUV market (Tuscon and SantaFe flopped).

On the other hand Ford is know for bigger cars and hence people take pride in owning Ford or Toyota but not TATA. It is a issue of Brand Image than bad A.S.S. If bad A.S.S was such a big factor none of the luxury cars would have sold so much and Tiago and Nexon would have been sales dud.

Last edited by aniyo : 10th July 2019 at 15:03.
aniyo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2019, 15:56   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniyo View Post
I see many people talking about bad perception of TATA A.S.S for the poor sales. I am confused here.
I put my money on the Hexa late in 2017. As for most of us who grew up in India in the late 90's, Safari was the dream for me too - I pounced on the first opportunity I could to buy it - heck, I had been taking test drives for the last 5-7 years since I couldn't buy one then and loved the feel of driving the beast every single time!

When I finally walked in, and made a sane comparison between Safari and Hexa variants including safety features, Hexa came out on top. I personally found the Safari LX and EX variants too bare bones. And coming with the same lineage (Engine and Chassis), Hexa seemed enticing. After I zeroed in on Hexa, I visited Toyota to check out the Crysta - which I agree is the most practical vehicle in this segment and price range.

Had a tough time laying out all pros and cons and took over 2 months to make the decision. At the end, it all condensed down to a heart vs mind battle, and the heart won.

The Sales experience has been dismal and the brand value is nothing to boast of, but I knew what I wanted, the price range I wanted in and exactly went in to get what I needed. No amount of coaxing or disinterest from the sales people changed my ultimate decision. The delivery experience was horrid with the salesperson mishandling the car, etc. but I now get it serviced at another TASS. Again, I watch like a hawk during all services and repairs, so not much to complain about.

Net - net, it's a marvellous product and a yesteryear's price point. Shame that it's going to be axed because of the disinterest on both sides - brand conscious buyers as well as the manufacturer/seller.

Last edited by aah78 : 12th July 2019 at 21:34. Reason: Quote trimmed.
sugam is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th July 2019, 17:51   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugam View Post
I put my money on the Hexa late in 2017.
I too put my money on Nexon. Thankfully my delivery was fine, nothing great but decent. TATA makes good cars and people are giving them another chance with Tiago and Nexon
aniyo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2019, 19:10   #72
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Tata Motors drops the following note:

Quote:
Hexa is a product we are extremely proud of as it encapsulated the cream of our Engineering prowess and Styling skills. The love and passion of Hexa owners towards the car is invaluable for us, as it endorses the sheer multifaceted performance of the car. The recent articles on the discontinuation of the product are purely speculative and no official statement on the same has been issued by Tata Motors. However, we would like to clarify that each and every Hexa customer is important to us and we are firmly looking at expanding the HEXA brotherhood.
GTO is offline   (39) Thanks
Old 12th July 2019, 20:02   #73
Senior - BHPian

The statement is very nice to read , but it still does not answer a simple yes or no question in a convincing way.
padmrajravi is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 12th July 2019, 21:40   #74
Senior - BHPian

Rumour: Tata Hexa to be discontinued in 2020

I do not own a Hexa, but have test driven the Car multiple times for friends and colleagues. And each time my friends and colleagues were pleasantly surprised with the overall quality of the Hexa. The car felt so good in terms of quality. If you ask me, I think the Hexa is any day a better car than the Innova Crysta and also even the XUV500. Of course, nothing beats the reliability of the Innova, but from a personal use perspective, the Hexa makes a fantastic case.

If there was a 5 seater version of the Hexa that was a bit more compact, I would have surely bought it ahead of the Creta that I purchased last year.

In fact I just saw a new Hexa in my apartment and it just looked so updated! No one would relate this back to the Aria. And that is the level of work that Tata has put in. Tata probably needs to push some marketing effort around the Hexa. And may be even rejig the feature list a bit, Just to give a fresh lease of life.

Last edited by motorworks : 12th July 2019 at 21:41.
motorworks is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 13th July 2019, 10:39   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash777 View Post

This should have been the car that should have dethroned the Innova....but alas, poor efforts from TaMo and buyer perception are killing this outstanding vehicle.

My business friend circle has 5 Hexas, one XT one XE and the other 3 are automatics not sure how many XTA and XMA. Few other business friends were thinking of changing over to Hexa as and when their current highway car were due for replacement.

In the last 7 months since the Harrier launch no one bought one, and the only reason was the dealers attitude.
Three interested customers were diverted towards the Harrier, as none of the three had interest in an oversized compact car without a AT (The quote for transverse engine vehicles by most heavy travelers) they walked out and got themselves Crysta Gx AT.
Hearing this a fourth interested buyer didn't even go to the Tata showroom, and as of today has taken TD of Endeavor 2.2 At and Crysta At.

If Tata has marketing sense they will nip this rumour in its bud, and start trials of camouflaged BS VI Hexa. At the same time, they will tell their showrooms to display and promote the current Hexa to interested customers too.
In the end Hexa is the only reasonably priced competitor to the Crysta.

Rahul

Last edited by navin : 13th July 2019 at 15:16. Reason: typo
Rahul Rao is offline   (8) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks