Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2019, 11:20   #91
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata Hexa to be discontinued in 2020? EDIT: No, BS6 Hexa confirmed

While there are multiple Yes and No's on whether the Hexa would stay or not, the key thing to actually find out from a credible source is whether the Hexa clears the crash test norms or not.

BS 6 is still away, before that the crucial crash test norms are the big hurdle. If Hexa clears that, then it wont be a big thing for Tata to plonk the BS6 diesel, that they will upgrade for the Xenon Yodha etc.
fx45 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th July 2019, 13:37   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
Posting an update shared by TATA. I hope this is sufficient to put the rumor to rest. No idea if there should be a change in the thread title though.
It's about time they did so. I can't fathom what stopped them from disclosing this much earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
While there are multiple Yes and No's on whether the Hexa would stay or not, the key thing to actually find out from a credible source is whether the Hexa clears the crash test norms or not.

BS 6 is still away, before that the crucial crash test norms are the big hurdle. If Hexa clears that, then it wont be a big thing for Tata to plonk the BS6 diesel, that they will upgrade for the Xenon Yodha etc.
I agree and I believe if they are certain that vehicle continues after BS6 transition, they should definitely put in efforts to make Hexa clear the crash norms too, else the investment in BS6 transition would go in vain.

This seems to be a good news for now, all we request from Tata motors is to be more proactive and vocal about their strategies before it starts getting too late.
SpideyBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2019, 16:47   #93
BHPian

Hexa to stay! Confirms SN Barman, VP sales TML. Will get a BS VI upgrade.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa to be discontinued in 2020? EDIT: No, BS6 Hexa confirmed-1563448555003.jpg  

bageherath is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2019, 09:47   #94
BHPian

On further rumination, in my view, it doesn't really matter. Good, If they continue, it's alright if they don't.

The build quality is one of the best, so it should age well. It's not an import. Made by a domestic manufacturer who has been around since Adams, so parts wouldn't be an issue. And driving it, I am not part of the crowd unlike a product of another manufacturer whose name also starts with a "T" and who has a tendency of charging twice of what it's product is worth.
maven is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2019, 20:37   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post

The Tata Aria on which Hexa is based was rated 4 star with two air bags, the rating was valid upto 2015. The norms for 4 star then become norms for 4 star then correspond to 3 star now and to 2 star in 2020.
The Aria lost points in pedestrian safety, and not in occupant safety, Even Crysta looses in pedestrian safety, and marks for occupant safety are better than some other 5 star rated vehicles.
The 6 air bag version of Hexa was not tested, and only the 2020 prototypes will be tested, and that too with many changes.

I would rather buy a car with a NCAP 3 star but bonnet high enough to be at level with the 640mm above road bus bumper or truck under run bar than a 5 star with a veg ed bonnet low enough to go under it.
leave alone 640mm I'd like it to be 1 M considering the truck has braked hard and stopped with rear axle on top of a 100mm hump.
Rahul Rao is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 31st July 2019, 14:03   #96
Senior - BHPian

"Tata Motors Chairman and Group Head- N.Chandrasekaran at the sidelines of Tata Motors AGM clarified that the Hexa holds a pivotal position in Tata's line-up and it has no plans to discontinue it. "
https://auto.ndtv.com/news/contrary-...ome-topstories
Guna is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 31st July 2019, 14:33   #97
BHPian

@Mods – Now that we’ve heard from official sources that TATA Hexa will not be discontinued in 2020, can we please have the title of the thread edited suitably ?
vaasscit is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th September 2019, 22:23   #98
BHPian

Posting here from the main Hexa group as well regarding a latest tweet from TAMO as a reply to the question that we all have.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa to be discontinued in 2020? EDIT: No, BS6 Hexa confirmed-screenshot_20190913221855.jpg  

Tata Hexa to be discontinued in 2020? EDIT: No, BS6 Hexa confirmed-screenshot_20190913221910.jpg  

abhi7013 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2019, 06:27   #99
Senior - BHPian

Got this from a Hexa group. new launch I believe. Tata Motors wont axe Hexa, and in fact I believe its the best vehicle they have ever produced. It's just the 'non-suv' styling that isn't pressing the right buttons
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa to be discontinued in 2020? EDIT: No, BS6 Hexa confirmed-image11.png  

Sebring is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th September 2019, 08:47   #100
Senior - BHPian

Its an excellent car and very glad to know they will continue it! They cant be burning shareholder money by discarding a brand new design every 3-4 years! The portfolio can co-exist for sure - there are so many examples in the industry.
Old 14th September 2019, 09:07   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Can you share a picture of your setup? The major issue with using the phone as a dashcam is the heat from sunlight (others being the software and space). Does your phone not get hot in the daytime?
Smart boy, yes it does and that's because I stick it up the windshield using a TechSense mobile holder. I believe it may not be the issue if you use a holder plugged to the dashboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Got this from a Hexa group. new launch I believe. Tata Motors wont axe Hexa, and in fact I believe its the best vehicle they have ever produced. It's just the 'non-suv' styling that isn't pressing the right buttons
It is very unfortunate that the Hexa is not getting discontinued. A fantastic car it definitely is. With news of its demise, I was hopeful of prices dropping and I would have been one of the takers for sure.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 14th September 2019 at 09:35. Reason: Back to back posts
Old 14th September 2019, 09:24   #102
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This ad is misleading. The AT doesn’t get the driving modes as shown here. Only the manual variants have them.
Old 14th September 2019, 09:38   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Rao View Post
I would rather buy a car with a NCAP 3 star but bonnet high enough to be at level with the 640mm above road bus bumper or truck under run bar than a 5 star with a veg ed bonnet low enough to go under it..
A very pragmatic point! Trucks lose the under-run bar either by intent or after an impact and this makes all the crash test numbers irrelevant.
ramzsys is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th September 2019, 18:04   #104
Senior - BHPian

That's a close up from their online communication. Auto with modes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
This ad is misleading. The AT doesn’t get the driving modes as shown here. Only the manual variants have them.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa to be discontinued in 2020? EDIT: No, BS6 Hexa confirmed-image12.png  

Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2019, 19:47   #105
BHPian

Quote:
It's just the 'non-suv' styling that isn't pressing the right buttons
True. Nexon with funky styling sold like hot cakes. It's really amusing when Tatas claim Hexa to be the cream of their styling skills. They are proud of what exactly is the problem with this car.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed